Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pini

Rush and reddness all over my face

Hi!

I have used the treatment from acne.org twise, once a day, and my whole face is covered with rush and redness. When I touch my skin it feels like lumps all over. It don't seems to be any better eighter (it has last for two days).

What should I do? Is this normal? How long will it last? My skin is sensitiv, btw.

Thanks, but it has last for over a week now, and I'm a little bit worried. Has not get any better either. Anyone with experience? How long did it last for you?

My skin looks absolutely terrible. It is peeling off, red, and I am miserable. What do I do?

A: You are either allergic to benzoyl peroxide, or you started too fast. 1-3% of people are allergic to benzoyl peroxide and experience swelling and/or crusting. If your skin swells up, discontinue use immediately. Most likely if you are experiencing severe dryness/redness, you simply started too fast. It takes a few days to a few weeks for your skin to become acquainted with benzoyl peroxide, and the redness/dryness should subside with time. Using a non-overdrying liquid cleanser can help preven thtis dryness as well. If you really can't stand the dryness, stop the Regimen completely, give your skin a few days to recover, and begin again with a much smaller dosage, only ramping up the dosage as you feel comfortable. But remember, you eventually need to use A LOT of benzoyl peroxide to achieve total clearing.