Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
layzaznboy

Hydroquinone

I'm about to start using this. I would like some recommendations on some products, preferably effective, does not contain much other than the hydroquinone itself, and cheap. Of course I would not trade quality for price.

Right now I'm looking at these:

http://www.amazon.com/Murad-Post-Acne-Spot...8883&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/DDF-Fade-Cream-Hydro...0397&sr=1-8

http://www.amazon.com/DDF-Fade-Hydroquinon...397&sr=1-22

http://www.amazon.com/Black-White-Bleachin...0397&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Smooth-Complex-hydro...397&sr=1-15

I'm not forcing anyone to choose among these, but I would prefer something I can find on amazon and such sites because I have looked in stores for these and had no luck.

And, I have read about the possible link between hydroquinone and cancer. I do NOT want this topic to turn into a war about whether the claim has any base or not. I just want recommendations for quality products.

Hey, I've been using Palmers Eventone Fade Milk for the past 2 weeks now. It has 2% Hydroquinone and it also has alpha hydroxy in it.

When I first put it on it left me a little burned and red but I'm sure it was just my skin reacting to the alpha hydroxy (acid) for the first time. I've continued to use it and it doesn't burn anymore, my skin got used to it. The fact that it has alpha hydroxy in it too is good because it will increase the rate of exfoliation, letting new skin come up faster, helping to get rid of the hyperpigmentation.

I'm using it on my chest, shoulders and back to fade PIH and so far I can see that its working and it's only been 2 weeks so I hope it will be even better over time.

I bought it at Walgreens for $5.99, it was on sale. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the products you've linked and I can say that its working for me so you might want to consider this product.

I'm going to start using glycolic acid peel soon, so the product that you recommended probably would irritate my skin too much. Looks like a good product though. I might use it if the peel does not improve the red spots.

I think I read in the first pinned thread in this forum that red spots are different from hyperpigmentation and that acid peels and stuff like that really don't work for red spots.

You might want to check that out.

I'm under the impression that any type of darkening of the skin is considered a hyperpigmentation, including the red spots left by acne lesions. What I mostly have I don't think can be considered red marks because they are not really red, more like light brown and pink. I figured that since peels basically force the top layer of the skin to shed, they can help with any type of discoloration and scars. I'm obviously over simplifying the process but you get where I'm coming from.

Hey, I've been using Palmers Eventone Fade Milk for the past 2 weeks now. It has 2% Hydroquinone and it also has alpha hydroxy in it.

When I first put it on it left me a little burned and red but I'm sure it was just my skin reacting to the alpha hydroxy (acid) for the first time. I've continued to use it and it doesn't burn anymore, my skin got used to it. The fact that it has alpha hydroxy in it too is good because it will increase the rate of exfoliation, letting new skin come up faster, helping to get rid of the hyperpigmentation.

I'm using it on my chest, shoulders and back to fade PIH and so far I can see that its working and it's only been 2 weeks so I hope it will be even better over time.

I bought it at Walgreens for $5.99, it was on sale. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the products you've linked and I can say that its working for me so you might want to consider this product.

Hi Geronimo,

Im interested in this product, I was just wondering how bad your red marks were prior to using this, and also If it lightens your skin like a skin whitening product?? or does it just lighten the hyperpigmentation, red marks..etc..?

Hi Geronimo,

Im interested in this product, I was just wondering how bad your red marks were prior to using this, and also If it lightens your skin like a skin whitening product?? or does it just lighten the hyperpigmentation, red marks..etc..?

My marks are mostly brown and I would give those marks a 5 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worse.

As far as I can tell, its lightening all my skin where I put it on and not just the brown marks. It's evening out my skin tone better this way.

I've only been using it for 2 weeks so I still have a long way to go, but so far, I'm liking the results.

It's definitely worth a try, especially because of the price.