Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my girlfriend finally decided it would be best if we split. i can't believe it's come to this, and i know i can't change her mind because she sticks to her decisions. i already know all of it has to do with acne. our relationship took a round turn when i broke out and now it's over...i'm so sad, it's indescribable. it doesn't make any sense...i can't believe she's gone and i don't think i'll be able to go on. it's been a week since we broke up and i have no appetite. i've heard stories of breakups and how traumatizing they are and now it's my turn...and it's hell in every way i can describe.

i can't get her out of my mind. i want her so bad and it's a deep feeling within me that doesn't go away. i can't talk to anyone...i've just been in my room. i haven't eaten for four days except water. i've shutout my friends and family because i feel horrible and look horrible. i feel like this cursed acne's come to kill me and everyone around me. i don't feel like going to work either. i've been deliquent for two days - i haven't shown up, called or anything and i don't care.

my doctor said i have to wait for the medication to work before i get accutane because it takes a while. i'm thinking of getting a second opinion. i can't have all of these red bumps and cysts on my face and neck...it's so horrible and demoralizing and i doubt i'll ever find someone else to start a life with. i know there's a lot of people going through the same thing or worse but it doesn't change the way i feel at all. i feel damned...i ask god why he's done this to me. i've always been a good person...i've always been generous...i give more than i take - so why?

i'm such a big baby...i'm 24 years old and i cannot stop crying...i'm actually thinking about taking my own life but i wouldn't want to hurt my friends and family. i don't think i could ever do it, but it's crossed my mind for the first time. i guess it's my time for hardship because i feel so hopeless right now. i need some help because i am so sad and need somebody's wisdom.

thank-you.

It gets better with time. I've been there, and I know how hard it is when you break up with someone you love so much. I cried my eyes out for the first week, but it got better after that.

I also went to a therapist. You might want to consider it. It was free for me, because my workplace had some kind of service for when their employees are in crisis. Magellan something or other? See if your work might have the same program.

And if you decide to seek help, be selective. There are a lot of bad therapists out there (they're human beings just like the rest of us), and some therapists you just won't click with. When I did it, I did some research on what kind of therapy style I preferred, and characteristics that were important to me (for example, I'm atheist, so it was important to me that my therapist respect my beliefs).

Also... my therapist got me started on journaling. I did some different journaling exercises, like writing down everything that came into my head and then going back and identifying negative thought patterns. It was really helpful.

Good luck!

Breakups are rough. I lost my g\f of a year mainly because of acne. I was down. I sheltered away from everyone.

There isn't much i can say but, you have to see purpose in this. Its time for a change within yourself.

You can't base your happiness on anything external. Things come and go, times change.

Music was my vice. Songs like "Coming Back to Life" "Comfortably Numb" "High Hopes" "Echoes" "On an Island" "Bittersweet Symphony" "Stop Crying your Heart Out"

Chin up bro, there is never happiness without pain, like no rainbow without the rain.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I broke up with my boyfriend recently too. He left me due to anxiety issues that he had, but it sucked so much. I cried for hours. But it does get better. I know it is hard to see, but time does make all wounds better if not getting rid of the pain all together. You need to start eating. I made myself sick by not eating. and it only made mattes worse.

I wrote in my diary everytime I felt bad, and still do on occasion. Listen to music, read, watch movies. I know this is easier said than done, but you can do it. Focus on your career, school, or other important things in your life.

Acne does make the situation worse, but acne is not who you are. People who deserve your love and attention won't care about your skin. When I went to high school I had the biggest crush on this guy, and so did every other girl i know. I'm not kidding when I say this, but he had severe acne, and now acne scars. However, he is still a great guy that everyone loves. He plays soccer, and goes out and hits on women. I'm sure he gets turned down sometimes, but if he ever asked me out I'd say yes in a heart beat.

I hope you feel better. Break ups suck, but it is growing pains I guess. Most people experince this.

i'm so sorry. it's been over two months since my ex and i broke up, and i'm still in love with him and still miss him a lot. it's a little better but, it takes time. therapy does help. but i know, it's hard. hang in there. just remember all the love you were able to give i guess, someone else will be along before you know it and they'll be so glad to have it :)

Sorry to hear. Love is some weird shit for real. OCD most def. All love is based off 2 hormones supposidely

I say find a new girl to replace the old one

i'm going to tell you first hand...and i know you don't realize this now(you probably won't for a very long time, at least in my case), that she isn't worth your time. like corvette said, you need a gf who will help you, not get angry with you. i'm not going to lie to you, it's going to hurt for a while...you were obviously emotionally attached to her because you were with her for so long and now you feel like there's a part of you missing. i know that feeling man...i know it so well because the exact same thing happened to me only 6 - 7 months ago. i'm still not over it, and i probably won't ever be but like others said, you deserve so much better. you're a really good person, i can tell. i guarantee that there's someone out there who'll appreciate your kindness and who will give you all the affection you deserve.

take care buddy.

Things are only going to get better man.

agreed...

you dont want her in your life if she leaves you at the sight of a break out!

you want a girl who will help put some BP on your face.

I really hope you feel better

I'm slowly getting over a girl that just dumped me as well, and yes, those first months it was hell, and I thought I would never get over it. I'm still infatuated with her, but I'm coming to realize that it's just over.