Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antigone

home made tinted moisturizer

I have dry skin, so when I put on foundation or powder it tends to look... well, a bit flakey. I've tryed commercial tinted moisturizers and they just make me look like a streakey mess, and worst of all, they make me break out even more. I wish I didn't feel like I had to wear makeup, but my skin tone is soo uneven, i don't feel human with out it.

Recently, I purchased some VCO (virgin coconut oil) and started taking it internally and using it toppically as a moisturizer. To my surprise and delight, it has made my skin look great! It's a bit greasy at first, but absorbs in about an hour or so and leaves a healthy glow.

I've been wearing mineral powder over it for the last week or so and i noticed that it didn't look half bad, so yesterday I got creative and decided to mix some into my VCO to see what would happen.

I warmed about a teaspoon of VCO on low heat, on the stove, (I don't advise putting it in the microwave because it changes it's chemical structure) and mixed in a half a teaspoon of mineral powder. It mixed well together, and just needed a slight stir the next day.

I have to say, I think I've tryed just about every brand of makeup, but none have ever made my skin look so flawless! It completly evened out my skin tone, and best of all, It looked like I wasn't even wearing makeup, no flakes, clumps or streaks! I know it's cleche, but my skin glowed! It's pretty light so it of course it won't cover large pimples, but it tones down the redness a bit without looking like makeup

I've read that some people break out from it, so I advise caution, but I havn't had any problems, in fact I think it has actually helped with my acne.

I hope this works for others as well as it`s worked for me!

Sounds interesting! I always like to hear about home made stuff. Coconut oil causes big breakouts for me, maybe I could substitute a different oil.