Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

2nd time on Tazorac (Month 2ish) and have OILY skin??!!

Well, I was on Tazorac from 10/07 to 2/08 so 4 months. Then I stopped for 2 months and went back on it from 4/08 to presently. I apply it everynight, don't use a moisturizer, and still get oily skin after a few hours.

It's not that the oil is the problem, but is it working? At first I didn't use moisturizer but I thought it was a problem, but now it's excessive oil.

when your face is excessively dry, your oil glands can produce a lot MORE oil

so its better just to apply moisterizer before putting on the taz

Taz leaves me more oily now that we are in the Summer Months, I think it's par for the course. Normally I'm very dry in the Winter and slightly oily in the summer but I have been an oil slick lately. Ir realized that when stopped using my moisturizer was when I got oilier. Didn't make sense to me at all, but I guess it helped balanced my combo skin. My forehead and nose get so oily I have to blot like 5 times a day. So I'm back to a light moisturizer and now less oily. I nknow it weird. You'd think that it would mak me oily and breakout, but it hasn't. Maybe you should switch to the gel instead of the cream. I'm thinking about doing that myself.

Hmm...I'll ask my dermatologist next time. I was on the gel before and it was horrible but that was before Accutane so maybe it's different now.