Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ouioui

considering dermabrasion

considering going for a full face dermabrasion...havent kept up with the new technology lately but from what i can tell fraxel doesnt impress me and i havent seen fantastic results from other fractional lasers like repair, active fx, or erbium or anything else. anyone know of anything else out there more effective than dermabrasion for white guys at this point in time?

i got really good improvement on super shallow scars and the appearance of the overall texture of my skin/large pores from fraxel I. it's a gradual improvement and more than 1 session. but i thought it was worth it.

now to get rid of a few deeper scars (forehead only) i took the plunge and got dermabrasion. i got it may 12th in new orleans. its been a very long recovery. i couldn't even imagine if i got my full face done. i'm a girl and wear bangs on my forehead so it's easy for me to cover the redness up but if it was full face it would be so obvious that i had something done or people would think i wore way to much make-up.

as for the improvement with the dermbrasion. some scars have def. improved but also got new scars. so don't think you will come out of this scar-free. if i would do it again i would either go for more fraxels or silicone injections. don't think the dermabrasion was worth it. and i have to stay out of the sun of 6 mo.

keep the faith. youre barely a month out and the full results can take up to a year. im sorry to hear about new scars? what exactly are you talking about and how many? i still havent seen anything else out there that convinces me theres anything at this point in time for acne scars better than dermabrasion and its also one of those things that takes multiple treatments

Im also convince that you have to look after 7 months to a year to see the real result of dermabrasion. On my second full face dermabrasion during my third month i though i got more shallow scars but when I reached the said month period most of my scars has plump up =) Also dermabrasion effect would have great effect on scar on cheeks not that much on forehead probably because we have more fat there, no that sure why ....