Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 30 years old and have ridiculously oily skin, but only on my face. About an hour after I wash my face you can actually see tiny droplets of oil coming out of my pores. And two hours after I wash my face it looks as though I dunked my face in a bowl of vegetable oil. It's embarassing and disgusting.

I've tried just about every over-the-counter product I can think of, but the only thing that seems to work is Accutane. Unfortunately I can't be taking Accutane simply to get rid of oily skin. :(

It's really taken a toll on my self esteem, so I'm pretty much open to anything.

Hi

Im exactly the same. I was on roaccutane(uk) and my skin dried up great and for a while i looked good. But now the oil has returned and i cant go back on roaccutane just for oily skin.

So im going the B5 root, just started a few days ago. Its supposed to be almost as effective as roaccutane without the side effects.

I'm about the same age and in the same boat as you. My skin is horribly oily. It's disgusting and uncomfortable.

I used to use Mudd spa treatment masque and leave it on overnight, I could feel it sucking the oil right out. The next day my skin was so much less oily, almost normal. It was wonderful. Unfortunately, its now discontinued.

In desperation, I recently tried Pernox scrub. I wash with it 3 times a day and its helped tremendously(but not as much as the masque) You may want to give it a try, if you haven't already..only drawback is its around $20 for a 4oz bottle..but its lasted me a month and a half already, so not too bad.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...lets hope you/we can get some better answers down the line.

do you guys use moisturizer? I know this doesn't in any way cure oily skin, but it sure helps. I was always under the impression that even though I had oily skin I needed to wear moisturizer. Once I stopped, the appearance of oily skin throughout the day was greatly diminished! At first my face felt kind of tight after washing but it got used to not being moisturized after a couple of days and I never wear it anymore!