Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elleumas

Exfoliate Before Cleansing or the other way around?

Depends how you exfoliate. If you use an alpha hydroxy acid lotion to exfoliate, then you use that after you've already washed and done the BP, since you don't rinse it off. If you are talking about using a brush, washcloth, scrub, or some other kind of physical method of removing dead skin, you want to do that either before (or during) cleansing so that you can rinse away the flakes.

Depends how you exfoliate. If you use an alpha hydroxy acid lotion to exfoliate, then you use that after you've already washed and done the BP, since you don't rinse it off. If you are talking about using a brush, washcloth, scrub, or some other kind of physical method of removing dead skin, you want to do that either before (or during) cleansing so that you can rinse away the flakes.

the flakes as in dry skin? i'm thinking that maybe i can using just normal water after exfoliating to wash them away. no?

i'm thinking of using this after i heard some great reviews about it.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...983&tab=1#1

That actually has two very comedogenic ingredients in it. It may still be fine. With that one, it looks like the scrub itself is the cleanser. If it is not, cleanse, THEN exfoliate with it"

Directions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moisten face and neck with warm water. Apply a small amount of facial scrub with wet fingertips and massage gently into skin, avoiding the sensitive areas near your eyes. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients:

Water, Walnut Shell Powder, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Oatmeal Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Kaolin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Carbomer 940, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol