Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pockyreiko

Extreme Dryness

I've probably been on the regimen for a few months, maybe since March. I started with Neutrogena on-the-spot and clean and clear facewash, but I switched to the acne.org products later. I don't have redness in my face anymore, but with all the benzoyl peroxide I'm supposed to use, my skin is incredibly flaky. It almost looks like I have fur on my face, and when I try putting sunscreen on, it just flakes off with my skin. The lotion isn't really helping. When I decreased the amount of benzoyl peroxide, I started breaking out. Any help?

New moisturizer. Dans doesn't do dick for me.

Cetaphil is by far the most moisturizing moisturizer I've ever used. If I use it at night, my skin feels fine w/out any moisturizer during the day. The only downside is it makes my skin feel sticky and oily.

I've been on the regimen for 3 weeks now and have experienced the same issue. I use the Aveda All Sensitive line (cleanser and moisturizer). However, I need more moisture, so I've added jojoba oil and emu oil.

In the morning after I cleanse, I do a jojoba "mask" (do a search for this on the boards), wait, apply bp, then once the bp is dry, I apply moisturizer and a few drops of jojoba. I've found that as I increase the amount of BP, my face is getting even flakier, so at night now I use Emu oil instead of the Jojoba and it's helping a LOT. BTW, neither of these oils cause breakouts.

I'm still getting breakouts, but they erupt and clear a lot faster than before the regimen.