Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that redness is normal with BP, but I've had the same red marks from past acne (some from before starting program - all Dan's products: BP, moisturizer, cleanser) for 5 months now, and they don't seem to be fading at all. Before the program, they would fade within 2~3 months.

Anyone having similar problems, and anything they did to help this out? I'm a guy and simply refuse to use make-up or concealer of any kind, in case it will make me break out even more

(the acne itself hasn't really stopped either, sporadic breakouts every 2~3 weeks)

Well, i used to be on proactiv (active ingredient being BP), and i've had 3-4 redmarks for YEARS when i was using proactiv. They haven't faded at all since i stopped using it either (i'm hoping that'll be fixed with emu oil.) But yeah, I'm not sure if its cuz i have fair skin, but they've never faded for me.

When touching my face, I can hardly feel any acne at all, but when I look in the mirror there are red marks everywhere. I'm sure some of them I've had for years. :|

I'm a guy and I use makeup to cover it up.

If you've been on the DKR for at least three months and have adapted completely to the full amount of BP you can consider adding in an AHA treatment like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, Night Version. The AHA (glycolic acid) in it will help exfoliate the red marks and also improve the tone and texture of the skin. Glycolic acid is magnificent. :D