Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaara

Should I even bother going to see a derm?

I don't want to take any antibiotics, and I don't want to use any topical stuff either.

Is there really any point for me to go see a dermatologist? Is there anything else they could do for me?

Any input would be great :) Thank you!

I don't want to take any antibiotics, and I don't want to use any topical stuff either.

Is there really any point for me to go see a dermatologist? Is there anything else they could do for me?

Any input would be great :) Thank you!

you know... i went through every route and i'll tell you a derm can help you so far... i don't know the reason for your acne or what kind you have. Antibiotics stopped working for me and actually caused me a weird kind of breakout ... so even if it is a temporary fix, it doesn't mean it will fix the REASON for the breakouts. and they will give you topical treatments... but even if they help a bit you must clean the inside... not just the outside soWhat you can do is ....

go on a detox... so you can research that if your interested.

and if it is hormonal...

what im looking into is chasteberry and saw palmetto supplements that is inexpensive and found in a vitamin shoppe. It's been proven even by medical doctors to be amazing for hormones. i REALLY think you should read about those and how it can balance your hormones and help. I am going for it and if it helps in any way i will get back to you. You might be producing too much androgens ..

hope i helped a bit ;)

I can understand why you don't want to go on antibiotics. But why don't you want to use topicals? They have helped many people. Just curious...

If you don't want to use topicals or take antibiotics then I would not suggest going to a dermatologist. Maybe change your diet, exercise more, drink more water things like that. Maybe speak to a nutritionist about what may be causing your breakouts. A dermatologist will put you on anti-biotics for sure. When I went to see my derm she told me diet had nothing to do with my acne and I think she is wrong. I am on Claravis now (accutane generic) but I have also stopped using flax seed meal on my oatmeal and eating dairy and I have noticed a big difference. I noticed I started breaking out really bad when I starting encorporating these 2 foods into my diet more often.

Thank you for the responses :)

I've just tried so many products, and they all seem to dry out my skin and not make my acne any better at all. So I'm not really into trying any more creams or anything :confused:

I'm taking lots of supplements right now, and drinking some liver cleansing tea. Also trying to improve my diet. I guess this is all I can do for now! Well all that I can think of anyways.

Have you ever tried prescription products (as opposed to over-the-counter)?. There is a world of difference. What you buy in the store is mostly the same two things - benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Prescription topicals offer so many more choices and they are strong enough to work. Just a thought.