Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youknowyouloveme

**What Did DIFFERIN do for you?***

week 10 going to week 11, my forehead is 99% clear and my face is now 80% clear. my regimen is as follow

Morning

GNC Maximum Green Time Released Multi-V

Duac (every other day)

Aveeno clear complexion wash (twice)

Anything i come out from exercise or when im in sweat mode i use only lukewarm water and no soap! Make sure you use lukewarm water for anything.

Night

Differin Gel .03%

Mama Lotion (every other night)

Lukewarm water wash

i was on differin for like 2-3 years. i never was fully satisfied with the results. even while taking it i always had moderately severe acne, and my dermo was too stubborn to take me off it, even though after 3 years i wasn't satisfied. finally i found a different dermo and now im on duac, tazorac and minocycline all at once. the only problem is that because this new rigme is so strong my face is burning a lot, and differin never did that too me.

so basically, it barely worked at all for me after years of use, but on the up side, i didn't have any burning.

Hey guys its Wk 11 Day 4, right now the regimen is as followed

Duac ( Stopped on Wk 10, its irritating makes my face red and marks redder. It doesnt help on exsiting acne)

Differin Gel (Doing ok on it, my breakouts are less and less and less severe by the week, week 1 i would get a 15+ pimple breakout now i get 1 or 2 and the exsiting ones are going away or healing)

Doryx( Taken as usual, the size of acne is dramatically reduced as well)

I added MAMA Lotion every other night to help heal the exsisting acne and help with the hyperpigmentation. I have some good scaring in the left temple area then on the latter. I wash my face 2x a day with Aveeno Clear complexion wash but never before i apply differin. Whenever i exercise i take a shower with lukewarm water only. This has helped alot.

Progress is happening i am quite satisifed atm, i think retnoids take a long time so for any of you guys you have to commit to this at least 3-4 months before you will see a trend of improvements. I been on accutane too and accutane is th same way, it started working after i stopped and i was clear only 4-5 months after i stopped so theres no reason most of you should quit a retnoid unless you are breaking out more and more as time comes by.

My next derm appointment will be on the 30th which would make it wk 12 day 2 and im pretty much expecting to get my current refills although if the derm feels theres more to be done then im open about it but i think differin is doing its job. Took time though.

My question is for Doryx (Doxycycline) How long does usually stay on it and is there a maintaince therapy on it?

Mama lotion and aveeno wash good arsenal to have.

Hey guys its Wk 11 Day 4, right now the regimen is as followed

Duac ( Stopped on Wk 10, its irritating makes my face red and marks redder. It doesnt help on exsiting acne)

Differin Gel (Doing ok on it, my breakouts are less and less and less severe by the week, week 1 i would get a 15+ pimple breakout now i get 1 or 2 and the exsiting ones are going away or healing)

Doryx( Taken as usual, the size of acne is dramatically reduced as well)

I added MAMA Lotion every other night to help heal the exsisting acne and help with the hyperpigmentation. I have some good scaring in the left temple area then on the latter. I wash my face 2x a day with Aveeno Clear complexion wash but never before i apply differin. Whenever i exercise i take a shower with lukewarm water only. This has helped alot.

Progress is happening i am quite satisifed atm, i think retnoids take a long time so for any of you guys you have to commit to this at least 3-4 months before you will see a trend of improvements. I been on accutane too and accutane is th same way, it started working after i stopped and i was clear only 4-5 months after i stopped so theres no reason most of you should quit a retnoid unless you are breaking out more and more as time comes by.

My next derm appointment will be on the 30th which would make it wk 12 day 2 and im pretty much expecting to get my current refills although if the derm feels theres more to be done then im open about it but i think differin is doing its job. Took time though.

My question is for Doryx (Doxycycline) How long does usually stay on it and is there a maintaince therapy on it?

Mama lotion and aveeno wash good arsenal to have. Ohh yeah i forgot TAKE A GOOD MULTIVITAMIN - GNC Maximum Green is great it has all the vitamins minerals and various goodies to help maintain good skin! Im waiting on my order atm as i ran out but im taking b-complex zinc and vitamin c which are essential for skin

I took differin religously for about 3 months and it cleared me up somewhat but made my face very red and irratated. I finally came off of it and have been using dan's stuff since. It might work better for some than for others like me. But I was also taking it in combo with duac so i dunno. :eh:

ive been on differin for a little over 12 weeks and its brightened my skintone and ridded all my acne..im completley soft faced to the touch and just look healthy! I have some redmarks though..:/.

the one thing is dontget discouraged if you break out..that means its working..

my derm described it as "Differin causes 6 months of breakouts condensed into 12 weeks"

It takes time and patience. I saw results in weeks 10-12.

well im posting cause i dont want to leave my people out. to make a note this is week 13, my face is 95% clear, i have maybe 3 small pimples. I have weaved off doxy and differin for 1.5 weeks and have only been using the aveeno clear complexion wash and mama lotion every other day at night. i wash my face with the wash only 2x a day and i was with lukewarm water whenever i sweat throughout the day. I have to say that the lithium was the primary reason that my acne came and being taken off it i was skeptical if it was just the lithium or the differin but i say it was a little of both. the lithium is bad on people who are PRONE to acne. and i had my wars with acne where i was put on accutane twice so i was bound to get acne. But i have to say for differin gel and doxy if it was that that helped clear me up well i must say it wasnt a bad combo. Along with duac which i stoped a while ago cause it made my skin extremley red. Other then that i have nothing bad to say im happy that my face is clearer and just waiting for the red marks to go away which can take weeks and months but i can live with that. any questions please do ask.

you guys been great support i wish the best for all of you

Differin helped me get my acne under control. It didn't clear me completely but I can say that from time to time I'm pretty close to clear. It lessens the severity of my breakouts, and when I do get pimples, they don't last long with differin. One thing I highly suggest though: if you've never had acne on ur cheeks, do not put differin on them! it isn't necessary and it can cause you to develop acne on ur cheeks...it happened to me :(

glad you're using MaMa. I LOVE MaMa. My skin is looking pretty good with MaMa and differin, but I've been on differin for 8 months now. Good luck!