Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youknowyouloveme

**What Did DIFFERIN do for you?***

combination of differin/duac helped clear my forehead 100 percent and face a lil, second time absolutely nothing. if you have oily skin defly use it

Very little besides irritating my skin. But it has a reputation for doing that to sensitive skin's. If you have sensitive skin then i suggest tredding lightly. It is always wise to ease into Retinoid use in my opinion.

Wonders.

I had mild acne it cleared it up like an atomic bomb, i saw results in 1 DAY.

I've been on it for 4 Months and counting.

Im 100% pimple free but i have red marks left from it. (Hopefully it will fade soon)

combination of differin/duac helped clear my forehead 100 percent and face a lil, second time absolutely nothing. if you have oily skin defly use it

My experience with Differin was basically a plateau. It started working okay and eliminated some of my blemishes and then nothing changed for a few weeks. Later, my face broke out worse than ever before. Not fun. But everyone's skin is different. Good luck!

Im on it for 36 Days now, i basically can say that i have experience a decent breakout. I am not fully satisfied at this time with the regimen as i feel my acne is very stubborn, prone to cysts ( i had one the size of a pea that erupted on its own!) i am assuming that by the next 2 weeks the destiny of Differin/Duac/Doryx will be decided and ill be on the road to accutane again. Im not a fond believer of topicals as i tried every single one in the book along with the antibotics and the benzoyl/antibiotic mixes. My acne is not severe but i have cysts and i break out and i had good sucess with accutane. Although i been on lithium and have been just taken off it i find that the acne is here to stay and will have to be treated accordingly.

Differin cleared my Forehead, made my cheeks break out very badly and left me with scars that I'm now repairing. Made me peel very badly too. Tazorac in tiny amounts cleared me much faster, no serious IB either.

Differin was complete crap.

Worked for the first week I had it and then its like the acne became immune to it and it stopped working, not only that but everywhere I had applied it there is now a acne "red mark", I used it for a spot that came up on my nose, what a mistake.

It seems like the differin helps the cyst acne scar worse (not actual scar but red mark scar), and 2 monthes later the spot is still fading little by little. Its like being rudolph everyday, sucks.

well this is day 38 of differin/duac/doxy mix and off lithium. last week i was riding a heavy breakout with a few small cysts and one big one /size of a pea basically bursted and its on its way to recovery.

at the moment i have alot of red marks but there is some clearning and not really any breakout at this point although i implemented the 2x a day clearsil sensitive skin wash w/ 2% salcyclic acid :/ i called my derm about the breakout she gave me the lingo (4-6 weeks to see results) so this is week 5 day 1 and im suppose to see results by up to 1 week 6 days?

my appointment is for june 24 which is 1 week 5 days away. At this point i have some small cysts on the side of my cheeks (both sides), and acne on my temples and beneath my ear and back of my neck and red scarring. What would a derm implement at this point as im basically paying out of pocket for her visits ($185 a round) would she use accutane or is my regimen (differin/duac/doxy) the first line ? any experiences with transitions to other cremes. whats good for these red marks? i want to start healing them quicker. btw im on depakote instead of lithium.

day 41 pretty much the same, the breakouts seem to be less severe yet the same areas that have been the same like my temple area, the left being more severe then the right but the size of the zits are much smaller as well. im saving theres some minor improvement but nothing to bring the attention that will give me confidence in differin gel. day 50 is d-day with derm 9 days away, see what 9 days brings. probably a new round of tops? axe? who knows

differin fucked my skin up..started working like shit, then started showing improvements, then went STRAIGHT DOWNHILL from there..its made my skin very oily and very prone to cysts, i kept getting new painful cysts..now i take care of my skin wth only water, i dont use any products on my skin anymore and i like it better this way.

well i dont have oily skin anymore and the lithium was the culprit for the acne right now, and it came at the places i least likely will have (under my chin, behind my ear and neck, and temple area.) i dont think differin is gonna do anything more and the antibiotics are probably redundant at this point although i never tried the other boxset of antibiotics and i never tried the new retin-a micro but i tried tazorac and it gave me a heavy breakout. the only thing that has worked in my life is accutane. will i be able to get it with this less severe but redundant acne? only 8 days left hopefully the axe comes.

diets and stuff dont work for me. its really how my skin is

Update Day 46, 4 more days til Derm appointment, just got the MAMA Lotion which i heard great reviews, im applying as directed. It seems to tighten up your face quite good but being that on differin your face is thin it feels like Krazy Glue on your face. The breakouts continue and its always ironic to see that the same spots keep breaking out. I have a good amount of inflamed acne and not much standalone comodones. Now my best guess is that if i can dedicate myself 7 weeks to a topical with no results and i have a great past history of topicals not working, then without a shadow of a doubt i should end this with the AXE! I hope it comes down to the axe cause the areas in the temple are so messed up cause they keep breaking out they look like war zones. The closest i been to clearness in that area is a 3 weeks ago with just one pimple then they all came back. Differin can only work for a group of people whos skin tolerates topicals well. My history is basically anti-topical. I gave it my best i did what i was told and i got no results, so i deserve to be handed the gold standard in acne treatment :) Will update after D-Day.

Hi guys, i just came back from the derm, although the last 3 days havnt been bad, i did notice that my acne is actually less severe (meaning no cysts and just small standard acne) BUT i have alot of red marks pfft. I got injected yesterday on my bigger pimples, non cysts. My derm suggests I continue the differin only because she says it takes at least 6 weeks to start actually working. But i have tons of red marks, anyone can suggest for me how to treat the red marks although i bought MAMA lotion and i dont know how to use it properly either. The good news is, Lithium was the prime culprit of the acne and it wasnt my body reacting again great... The derm said it should take a good 6-8 weeks after i stop lithium to see the differences. So far its 2 weeks 6 Days. Anyways for all differin users is this logical that it takes a while to kick in? God i hate these red marks!!!!!!!!!!1

yes differin takes a while to kick in. almost 6 weeks i hyave been on it. IB is pretty much gone, things are starting to look better. hang in there.

Differin does seem to take a while to start working. I have been using it along with Doxycycline for about 3 weeks now, and while I've seen some improvement on my forehead, nose, and chin area, my cheeks and temples are freaking out!! It seems like the same zits keep coming back several times before they start going away. I guess that's part of the "purging" period. I'm going to stick with it at least until I go back to the derm. next month. Hang in there!! :)

Yes thats what it seems to do , in the same areas where i started to have problems they seem to keep recycling in that area. Im going to keep differin til my next d-day appointment in 2 weeks cause i rather say i gave it 110% right now its 7wks/2 days and all i notice is that there is smaller sized zits but as i break out i clear up again pfft. I changed to the aveeno foam wash in the morning now and im taking b5/zinc, next derm appt will be in 20 days or just about 3 weeks which will give me a total of 10 weeks on differin. 8-10 looks promising :/

I love differin!

It really depends on ur skin my skin is between dry to non oily and sometimes really oily differin helps me get rid of acne under the skin so it can heal faster unfortunately i had never had more than a couple pustules and very mild acne so i cant tellu that it worked wonders. it really helped me out but kind of dried out my skin so i was forced to do it every other day and combine it with mostrizure

differin is the only thing ive used that drove my skin bananas. it irritated it very badly,red burning sensation where i applied it and the burning and redness was very visible. though i think this is pretty usual when starting differin,it just shocked me. it started to work a little bit for me (after that first week),though my acne at the time wasnt suited to differin,it was bad inflammed acne and differin was never going to help. going out into the sun then i dunno reacted badly with the differin,and my acne then turned cystic. so i wouldnt advise too much sun exposure

Its Day 56 or 8 weeks, 16 More days til derm appointment, and i see slight improvement in the temple area, but the lithium withdrawl + change in cleanser and mama lotion probably will help. If i find myself that the regimen is gonna keep me the same within the next 2 more weeks i will def try to get on accutane i dont care cause i think 10 weeks is a good amount of time to see significant improvement.

Day 58, 2 weeks til Derm Appointment/Derm change actually cause im going under my insurance allowed derms. But im going to be going in with the current backlog since May so they wont be working one me brand new and stuff. Anyways everything is somewhat at bay although im breaking out on the border between my shoulder and underneath my cheek on both sides. The rest has stayed relativley the same, nothing major to report. I have about 7 more weeks of Doxy left, and well see if the derm will want to be a bit more agressive with me if things stay like this. I would not mind taking the accutane at this point although i dont know if Retin-A or Tazorac will have any significance as far as the retnoid family is concerned. I mean i see a family of antibiotics and benzoyl/antibiotics and retnoids to choose from. All i can say is differin .03/duac/doxy have not been the best. The aveeno clear compelxion wash is great though, my red marks are getting lighter, and i guess it could be a reason that im not that bad at this point cause i been using it for about a week i say. I really like it cause i used it last time after my 2nd round of accutane and its been pretty good to me so i can recommend you guys to try it. Im gonna apply mama lotion tonight as well. I been taking a multi-v with good concentrations of vit c b-5 and zinc. No problem there.

Lets see how that goes ill post towards my derm appointment so i can tell you if im gonna go gung ho on this derm.

Well what can i say, im starting to see the change in apperance finally, although i have some acne my temple area is now 80% clear so i guess after almost 9 weeks im looking at a projected 3 month improvement span these retnoids take a long long time to work. but god bless this drug if it keeps clearing me up and keeping me clear. i say with anyone who has a mild to moderate form of acne with some cystic acne. give differin a try first for 3 months and if it doesnt improve ur face like its doing for me then i think accutane would be next.im really happy with the results so far i was far too skeptical. im implementing mama lotion every other day as well.

No redness or burning, no inflammation, nothing bad really. Just took alot of money out of my wallet. It cleared me up moderately well, still had on and off acne, but it's by no means a permanent cure. Nothing is anyways.

Blah.