Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm new to the forum but I have browsed them for quite a while right now.

To get to the point, I'm basically planning to "Detox" if you will. Specifically, I'm going to try a new method of curing/preventing, my acne. I'm 20 years old and ever since I was in the 6th grade I've been living with acne. It is not a "bad" now as it was than, however it's still here.

Every once in a while I get a huge pimple in the exact same spots that I hate to get them. Other than that my acne pimples range from medium to small but I have quite a number of small ones. I also have dark spots and a few deep blackheads. Lastly I have a few open pores to top things off.

Here's a list of brand names products I have tried, not in order

Proactiv

Clean & Clear

Neutrogena (sp?)

Clearisil

Stride

Off Brands of Proactiv

Black Soap

Plain Dove soap

and Just simple water.

I may be forgetting a few. Although some may have took care of a couple of pimples here and there, I feel my body has become "use" to them.

What's left to do? In my years I have never been to a dermatologists but I do plan on going as soon as I get my job lol. I have $15-20 as of now that I want to dedicate to buying anything that will help me clear up acne and dark spots. Any ideas?

Thanks

the things in my sig helped me so they may help you. i am a firm believer in the link between diet and acne but some may disagree, all skins are different of course.

i would cut out all the chemical crap and use natural products, eat healthy (i.e. stop eating foods that can aggrevate acne. you need to trial and error different foods and research on this site, holistic forum could be a start to see what has worked for other ppl.)

research oil cleansing method and baby brush method

as for the dark spots i take it your referring to post acne marks, i use anew retexturing peel wipes with great results, they have an extensive feedback page on their site for this product from people that have used it

the things in my sig helped me so they may help you. i am a firm believer in the link between diet and acne but some may disagree, all skins are different of course.

i would cut out all the chemical crap and use natural products, eat healthy (i.e. stop eating foods that can aggrevate acne. you need to trial and error different foods and research on this site, holistic forum could be a start to see what has worked for other ppl.)

research oil cleansing method and baby brush method

as for the dark spots i take it your referring to post acne marks, i use anew retexturing peel wipes with great results, they have an extensive feedback page on their site for this product from people that have used it

thanks for the reply. The things in your sig doesn't seem hard for me to do or not do. I may consider trying them. I know you are against chemicals but what about bleaching creams for post acne marks?

thanks for the reply. The things in your sig doesn't seem hard for me to do or not do. I may consider trying them. I know you are against chemicals but what about bleaching creams for post acne marks?

i have no idea about bleaching creams the only product i no about acne marks is the one i said in previous post. think i heard aha's and bha's are for post acne marks, research that as an alternative to the peel wipes