Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seductiveartistica

Just had Subcision done today

I had subcision done today. I was numbed with ice and then they used lidocaine to numb the area. I couldn't feel a thing, it didn't hurt at all. The office staff was really nice which made my experience pleasant. I held a gauze pad to stop the bleeding. After the procedure they put a pressure bandage on the side of my face which I can take off tomorrow morning. My doctor said that it can take up to 18 months for collagen to generate and she re-evaluates at the 6 month mark. I was advised to use Vaseline instead of neosporin because some people have a allergic reaction to it. I have to moisturize until it is fully healed. Anyone else have this done and when did you see improvement?

Other than that, I've been taking some supplements: B-Complex, Vitamin C, Zinc, Biotin, Flaxseed Oil, and Oil of Evening Primrose. I have been using glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and green cream before bed for rapid exfoliation. I really want to get my skin as flawless as possible because I am going to be in a wedding.

post-55074-1212711429_thumb.jpg

post-55074-1212711429_thumb.jpg

The picture you submitted isn't very clear. By the way, how is going for your subcision?

I'm actually thinking of doing this in a near future.

I would recommend subsicion to anyone with scars..Everytime my doc subsizes my scars he always uses a temp filler right after (i believe Juvaderm) as he says that keeps the scars from forming back to normal..Even when the temp fillers run out the scars are barely noticeable to the naked eye...I have done this procedure several times(rarely on the same scar again ) and the results have honestly been 90- to almost 100 per cent perfect. Despite many peeps success with this procedure I am still amazed as to how many people on here still opt for lazers without even considering a really non invasive procedure with minimal downtime. Find a good facial surgeon who is experienced in this procedure and begin living scar free or at least pretty damn close.....Hope this helps someone out there..

I would recommend subsicion to anyone with scars..Everytime my doc subsizes my scars he always uses a temp filler right after (i believe Juvaderm) as he says that keeps the scars from forming back to normal..Even when the temp fillers run out the scars are barely noticeable to the naked eye...I have done this procedure several times(rarely on the same scar again ) and the results have honestly been 90- to almost 100 per cent perfect. Despite many peeps success with this procedure I am still amazed as to how many people on here still opt for lazers without even considering a really non invasive procedure with minimal downtime. Find a good facial surgeon who is experienced in this procedure and begin living scar free or at least pretty damn close.....Hope this helps someone out there..

Subcision gave me a good improvement... probably the only treatment that gave me noticeable results for my rolling and box and crater scars. Too bad subcision can only be done on big specific scars and NOT all scars. My scars improved 50% at least with subcision. I regularly applied vit C 10% after.

Subcision gave me a good improvement... probably the only treatment that gave me noticeable results for my rolling and box and crater scars. Too bad subcision can only be done on big specific scars and NOT all scars. My scars improved 50% at least with subcision. I regularly applied vit C 10% after.

Did u get fillers with your subcision?Or did subcision alone gave u the 50% improvement?Do u mean the small mild scars cannot be subcised?Which doctor performed on u?Thanks.

this is what my derm recommended me. subcision + temp filler. I have only three scars to be subsized and filled. did your doc apply this only on your rolling scars? did you have other types of scarring subsized and filled such as boxcar or tiny icepick?

susbsicion worked best on rolling scars not ice picks..not cure what a box scar is but i think i had a few of those as well and they responded well

Okay, it's been almost a month since Subcision. The scars are still there but they improved slightly. The doc said it should take up to a year. Anyways, after a lot of research I scheduled myself for a pixel laser this Thursday! If anyone has had it how long did it take to see improvement? The doc says I only need one or two. After that she said she could use Juvederm for three scars that I have.