Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The IPL felt like I was having Electroshock treatment! The brochure said it was meant to feel like an elastic band flicking the skin, thats a major understatement!

Iv just finished my fifth session of IPL today and the improvement in my Rosacia and acne scarring is just superficial.

Im out of pocket £1000, and am out of ideas for my next line of attack.

I was originally going to have laser resurfacing done, but my derm convinced me to have the IPL instead.

Anyone out-there had any successful treatments? Chemical peels, Microdermabrasio, Lasers. ANYTHING???

It is very hard to find a treatment for scars when you have rosacea, that is if you mean true scars... or do you simply mean red marks?

The thing with IPL is that every machine/operator varies alot in their ability to treat the patient.

One treatment that doesn't effect rosacea to badly is dermaroller, i suggest if you want real results you try and get a refferal to Dr Tony Chu in london at the hammersmith hospital. He will be able to improve your skin.

If you want to get your rosacea sorted with laser/ipl you need to visit either Dr Crouch or Dr patternson.

As i said with rosacea skin you are limited in what you can do, but needling/dermaroller is good for scars. and IPL when using the properl equipment and having a skillfull technician like Dr Crouch you WILL get results.

It is very hard to find a treatment for scars when you have rosacea, that is if you mean true scars... or do you simply mean red marks?

The thing with IPL is that every machine/operator varies alot in their ability to treat the patient.

One treatment that doesn't effect rosacea to badly is dermaroller, i suggest if you want real results you try and get a refferal to Dr Tony Chu in london at the hammersmith hospital. He will be able to improve your skin.

If you want to get your rosacea sorted with laser/ipl you need to visit either Dr Crouch or Dr patternson.

As i said with rosacea skin you are limited in what you can do, but needling/dermaroller is good for scars. and IPL when using the properl equipment and having a skillfull technician like Dr Crouch you WILL get results.

Thanks for the advice, i know nothing about dermaroller so will have to look into it.

Im never doing IPL again thats for sure so thats not an option for me.

My scars aren't indented, their red blotches all over both cheeks.