Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been having trouble with blackheads for the past year or so. I have TONS of them. They are darkish brown, and you can actually see them poking out a little on my forehead, it's disgusting. Nothing I do (topically) seems to help. I've decided I need to fight the cause internally. After doing some research, I found that eating foods that cause an insulin surge cause an excess of male hormones that stimulate skin to discharge lots of sebum, which leads to blackheads. So I've decided to really limit grains(they can raise insulin levels) and eat a diet of tons of fruits and vegetables, nuts, lean protein, and legumes. I've also decided to go off dairy and soy, which I know are big problems for me. I'm starting this diet tomorrow and I'll keep track of my experience!=) Wish me luck.

Here's my diet plan for tomorrow:

7 am: Go for a run (I need to do more of this=)

Breakfast:

Apple Cider Vinegar Drink (2 Tbsp ACV plus water)

Salad Mix With Avocado + a little Annie's Honey Mustard Dressing

Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with:

1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (healthy fats)

1 Tbsp Brown Rice Protein

Rice Milk + a little stevia for sweetness

supplements-

Rainbow Light Iodine-Free Multi

Vitamin D3 2000 IU

Enzymedica Digestive Enzymes (Poor Digestion is also a cause of acne)

Lunch:

Walnut Tacos:

Soak Walnuts Overnight and process with cilantro, cumin, cayenne, salt, and lime juice

Serve with Romaine Lettuce Leaves insteat of tortillas and sprinkle onions, tomatos,

avocado on top.

1 Peach

supplements-

Zinc 50 mg

Digestive Enzymes

Dinner:

Green Curry Chicken and Veggies (I'm eating at a Thai restaurant)

supplements-

Digestive Enzymes

Im also going to drink much more water than I usually do.

Ok, So I've been eating healthier the last two days, but I haven't kept up the bargain. My dad bought a package of yummy Dove milk chocolates and I've been going crazy with those. Im going to get back on track tomorrow=).

as far as ur diet goes, its good ur taking these measures..ur plan for tomorrow sounds good. but just giving u my opinion, dont think too much into it, then you start obsessing about every little thing you eat. thats what i started doing. it drove me crazy.

good luck with your diet plan!