Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opiate

A 'keep the faith post' post from someone who's been there and done it.

I completed Roaccutane (as its known in the UK) 16 days ago. I stopped breaking out about 2 months in and the rest of the course was a slow healing process. However, the 16 days I've been off it since have been the most productive of all; healing has become rapid and my skin is almost perfect (i.e nearly no red marks either). I thought I'd share this with those of you who are at the depressing part of your courses and feel like things are never gonna get better (I was definitely there myself for a while) to show that things DO get better, sometimes it just takes a long time.

Good luck people :clap:

I'm in my second month, and still breaking out. Not as much, though, so I guess I should just stick through it.

I'm in my second month, and still breaking out. Not as much, though, so I guess I should just stick through it.

I completed Roaccutane (as its known in the UK) 16 days ago. I stopped breaking out about 2 months in and the rest of the course was a slow healing process. However, the 16 days I've been off it since have been the most productive of all; healing has become rapid and my skin is almost perfect (i.e nearly no red marks either). I thought I'd share this with those of you who are at the depressing part of your courses and feel like things are never gonna get better (I was definitely there myself for a while) to show that things DO get better, sometimes it just takes a long time.

thanks so much for sharing your experience.... you just made the light at the end of my tunnel a little brighter :)

that's really nice to hear!

how bad were your red marks by the way? I'm close to 130 days in (finishing in 20), and though my skin is very smooth, it's also very red and shiny with red marks

Ok, in response to all the questions about my red marks: they were BAD at first because what I had was deep rooted tunnelling acne. Over the course they faded a lot (slowly) and by the time I came off they were a lot more acceptable. However, I have become almost fully clear of them since I came off, to the point where they are barely noticeable. I cannot promise this for everyone, all I can do is share my personal experience with you lovely people. I believe drinking a lot of water helps. Also, to Sarahenn, I'm delighted I gave you some hope, that was the intention of this thread :blush:

Just about to finish month 2. Over the last week, I have noticed some improvements. But the rest of my skin all over is tweaking out. I am getting horrible rashes and dry, bumpy skin. I am super sun sensitive to begin with, and this treatment is making it so that I cannot be out in the sun. Making summer life a little difficult. But they say this is a miracle drug... so I'm just sitting it out. Ant suggestions about how to treat the rashes?

Just about to finish month 2. Over the last week, I have noticed some improvements. But the rest of my skin all over is tweaking out. I am getting horrible rashes and dry, bumpy skin. I am super sun sensitive to begin with, and this treatment is making it so that I cannot be out in the sun. Making summer life a little difficult. But they say this is a miracle drug... so I'm just sitting it out. Ant suggestions about how to treat the rashes?