Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My friend gets cold sores around the time before her period and stressfull events. She is about to get married and does not want it to ruin her big day.

Has anyone cured or controlled cold sores with natural remedies? Please help she is very desperate. I know, this is an acne website but I just thought Id try.

Please share! I dont know much about this.

Does she always get them in the same spot? In any case, a strong immune system is key to preventing cold sores...which explains why she gets them around stressful events. Stress-->weakened immune function.

l-lysine!!! the key is the lysine to arginine ratio, the higher the better when it comes to preventing cold sores. there are some foods that have a good ratio, but to be sure, maybe she should just take a supplement starting a few weeks before the wedding...

I used to get cold sores a lot, but now that I'm really healthy I never get them.

It's hard to say exactly what I did which caused the cold sores to go away, but I would say like Tasha90, it's improving your overall immune system and bodily stress levels.

Some very helpful things:

1. Don't eat any gluten

2. Get vitamin D everyday, preferably from the sun.

3. Sleep in complete darkness and wake up around the same time every day.

4. Eat natural whole foods.

l-lysine!!! the key is the lysine to arginine ratio, the higher the better when it comes to preventing cold sores. there are some foods that have a good ratio, but to be sure, maybe she should just take a supplement starting a few weeks before the wedding...

I used to get cold sores a lot, but now that I'm really healthy I never get them.

It's hard to say exactly what I did which caused the cold sores to go away, but I would say like Tasha90, it's improving your overall immune system and bodily stress levels.

1. Don't eat any gluten

her diet needs to consist of a ton of green leafy vegetables. she should avoid tomatoes and chocolate. and most of all, enough sleep.

her diet needs to consist of a ton of green leafy vegetables. she should avoid tomatoes and chocolate. and most of all, enough sleep.

1. Don't eat any gluten

Thanks! If you dont mind me asking, how long has it been since youve gotten a cold sore?? Thats so awesome, do you know where I can get more info on this?

Try L-Lysine for sure, start taking it a few weeks before the wedding. I think you have to take quite a few a day though.

She should also get tested to make sure it isn't some form of the Herpes virus. It's contagious and incurable (although manageable).

She should also get tested to make sure it isn't some form of the Herpes virus. It's contagious and incurable (although manageable).

Cold sores outbreaks due to a virus name herpes and until the virus is disinfected there is still a possibility for the virus to become active and produce another outbreak. So try to disinfect the virus. I have read an articles on cold sore prevention and treatment

fastcoldsorestreatment.com

The seaweed Dulse (also known as Red Marine Algae) has been shown to have effects against the herpes virus. I use it daily and have noticed a huge reduction in outbreaks. Google it and you will find more information about it. Also, there is a strong connection between eating high-arginine foods like chocolate, coconut, and nuts and herpes outbreaks. Taking L-Lysine or eating more lysine-rich foods such as Mesquite flower should balance out the arginine if you eat these foods. I make my own chocolate and eat it daily but always include some mesquite flour in the mixture to improve the arginine/lysine ratio...

DONT WASTE MONEY!!!!

hey i dont get cold sores often, but i decided to make a profile to let you guys in on a secret, i dont waste my money on abreeva anymore...instead when i feel a cold sore coming i hold ice on it as long as i can...i just get ice cubes and hold them on the spot through out the day, and it barely comes up...its just a little swollen but doesnt get huge and puss like abreeva makes it!! try it and let me know if it helps you cuz mines practically gone and i just got it yesterday!!!!!!!

:D

so i looked on google to see if anyone else does this....and they do...

When I was young, I suffered cold sores every few weeks. This went on for years. Then I found the cure! Hold an ice cube directly on the sore for 15 to 20 minutes. Use a washcloth to keep your fingers from melting it, but put the ice directly on the sore. Repeat this every three or four hours for a couple of days (until the sore is not "feverish" anymore). You won't ever get a cold sore right there again.

Tea tree oil. Works great. I rarely get them anymore, when I do I put a little tea tree oil on it and it's usually gone in a couple of hours. Oil or oregano works even better but it is REALLY strong, you only need a tiny, tiny bit.

put aloe vera on the cold sore

their is science that backs this up.

id find the study but im lazy right now!

but this is what i do and it seems work decent.

stress depletes magnesium, which seems to be much more important then the so called b-vitamin stress connection.

perhaps this would help as well.

Well, considering cold sores are a form of herpes, no-there is no cure for them.

They can, like acne, be treated.

I've never had a cold sore, so I can't be of too much assistance. Seems like others are offering some good advice though. Good luck.

Ive been on accutane for 3-4 weeks 40mg and ive had a sore appear in corner of my mouth too and from what ive read its do to accutane.......Theres some topical stuff that numbs it for eating and just for the pain,from what ive read it gets better.....

Not sure if this will work for cold sores but eating cottage cheese made my canker sore disappear in two days, i was amazed and looked for any patents on it, and a lactic acid application for cankers sores was already patented. Lactic acid adjusts ph to where bad bacteria cannot thrive, leaving good bacteria to exist creating a balance supposedly. Then again it is a virus so im not sure.

Tell her to research coconut oil on google. I did some research on it a while ago and it specifically mentioned that virgin coconut oil is antifungal antibacterial and antiviral....(note that last one) meaning that It can inhibit VIRUSES (I believe they said the herpes simplex virus was one of them) :surprised: yayyyy...! so topically AND internally it may very well help her. and as a side note i would like to add that i have used it both on my skin and taken daily and its wonderful at clearing up acne and making your skin soft. I would start with a tablespoon a day and work the way up to 4.