Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am thinking about taking zinc pills to fight my acne. If I take zinc supplements, do I need to take other supplements? I heard that people taking zinc should take copper and something else. Is there a zinc pill with everything in it? And I do not mean a multivitamin.

Yeah, there are zinc supplements that have copper added. Someone else can probably recommend you such a brand.

Eat some healthy grassfed red meat. There is no need to pay money for synthesized chemical vitamins and minerals, most of which can not even be utilized properly by the body.

Eat some healthy grassfed red meat. There is no need to pay money for synthesized chemical vitamins and minerals, most of which can not even be utilized properly by the body.

What thunder said is true. BUT if you do decide to go for supplements, make sure the zinc is of the picolinate type because they are shown to be much more readily absorbed than oxide (the cheapest form)

Besides, I believe that one vitamin or mineral alone will do nothing for your acne -- i've tried it! You need a more holistic approach to it by incorporating diet, fish oil, plus many other things to keep your bases covered

thanks to taking 50 mg of zinc a day, has made ma acne a lot a lot better, usually if I had a pimple and I touch it, it would get infected and red, big and ugly.

now they're really small! it's very impressive

so yeah go ahead try zinc, it won't clear your acne but it will help with the inflammation

Which foods are high in zinc? I am eating 3 eggs a day right now and I know eggs are high in zinc.

3 eggs a day will only provide for you 6% of the RDA for zinc.

Red meat is the easiest source of zinc in the Western diet. A serving of beef will provide 40-50% of the RDA.

Oysters are the richest sources of zinc in nature. Two small oysters will have the entire RDA for zinc.

Which foods are high in zinc? I am eating 3 eggs a day right now and I know eggs are high in zinc.

Red meat is the easiest source of zinc in the Western diet. A serving of beef will provide 40-50% of the RDA.

Oysters are the richest sources of zinc in nature. Two small oysters will have the entire RDA for zinc.

I recently saw on benny hinn (some sort of christian show? it was half time during the champions league semi-final) a dietician who totally knew his stuff, and he had a list of 10 things people shouldn't consume, shellfish was one of them

I am thinking about taking zinc pills to fight my acne. If I take zinc supplements, do I need to take other supplements? I heard that people taking zinc should take copper and something else. Is there a zinc pill with everything in it? And I do not mean a multivitamin.

I take 50 mg chelated zinc tablets and i have severe acne. The 1st night it helped my face a lot I woke up the next morning and most of the bumps i had the day before were just about gone. I still take the zinc tablets it's been a few weeks now and it's helped my skin alot to be honest. Scarring on my face is healing and my immune system is being cleaned out. As far as pimples, I noticed that it dries out the pimples and helps prevents pimples from reoccuring ( and lesions/bumps) I only take this once a day.Don't substitute the zinc tablets for vitamin A and etc. You still need to get your nutrients. If you can't get them all in one day i would encourage you to but multivitamins.

The best zinc tablets come with Copper and/or magnesium. These help the Zinc to absorb.

Bear in mind that Zinc hinders the absorbsion of Calcium, so make sure to get a Calcium suppliment as well.

I recently saw on benny hinn (some sort of christian show? it was half time during the champions league semi-final) a dietician who totally knew his stuff, and he had a list of 10 things people shouldn't consume, shellfish was one of them

Shellfish have been consumed since the beginning of human existence. They are also some of the most nutritious foods available to us.

Shellfish have been consumed since the beginning of human existence. They are also some of the most nutritious foods available to us.

Do you know who I'm talking about? I don't know the name. He seemed pretty bright, he was tellling some amazing stories including how he got rid of his wife's cellulite by changing her diet. I have to admit, of the things on his list shellfish was the one I couldn't understand. Mercury perhaps, but their not really high in the food chain.

Bringing up an old thread here, but have been researching and are there zinc pills? And where can I buy these pills and other natural products?

Thanks

I just started taking zinc supplements two days ago and the acne on my cheek has cleared up a bit. I just started using the clean & clear blemish control thing around the same time too... So I don't really know if it's that or the zinc. Anyway- i bought mine at the convenience store! There's a label that says "used for fight against acne and dermatitis"

Bringing up an old thread here, but have been researching and are there zinc pills? And where can I buy these pills and other natural products?

Thanks

Of course there are zinc pills. You find them wherever vitamins are sold.

You can read more about how zinc helps acne here in this pretty good summary:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2298165

What about time released zinc pills? Can the body absorb a 25mg zinc pill? Or maybe its better to take a couple of 10mg pills throughout the day?

I just began taking 50 mg of Zinc a day. But I was reading that Zinc increases the testosterone levels, so I was wondering if Zinc will cause more acne (because of the increased testosterone activity). I find this weird, because Zinc always receives rave reviews as acne treatment, because it reduces oil production and heals skin faster, but now I'm confused and worried. Should I keep taking zinc??

I just began taking 50 mg of Zinc a day. But I was reading that Zinc increases the testosterone levels, so I was wondering if Zinc will cause more acne (because of the increased testosterone activity). I find this weird, because Zinc always receives rave reviews as acne treatment, because it reduces oil production and heals skin faster, but now I'm confused and worried. Should I keep taking zinc??

It's a DHT inhibitor which is how it reduces oil.

Here are a couple good, informative threads on zinc and how it helps acne. Read up:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Finally-1...65#entry2298165

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Zinc-rese...lk-t154999.html

angelita.. i can tell you first hand that zinc is AMAZING... mind you i still have acne... but before zinc i had cystic acne. the zinc just totally eliminated it i have been taking it for 3 months and havent had a cyst since. and btw i take 100 mg per day.. 50mg in the morning and 50 at night. definatly do it.

Zinc alone helped me oout a little with acne. But in a combination with other stuff it has improved my acne.

I take Omega 3 twice a day

50mg of Zinc once a day

GArlic Concentrated Pill once a day

and Green tea extract once a day

Yeah 60mg is EVENTUALLY making my skin less oily now i'm not so much of a greaseball or "spic" as my lil brother put it just random sweaty looking dude haha nah seriously though i'll start taking 100mg as of tomorrow and hopefully that'll give my sebum glands the kick in the nuts it deserves.