Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bugg

scar treatment after accutane

hello all , i took my last pill 6 weeks ago. accutane that is , and i'm left with the scars that remain .my skin is a combonation of small icepick scars on my cheeks ,and shallow indents along my jaw line . my question is there any retrictions on what i can put on my face being that i just got off the accutane .i'm thiinging of using a glycolic peel 30% .my question is , is there a certain amount of you have to wait before using a item of that nature after treatment of accutane :roll: .

bugg

You need to wait at least 4 - 6 months before using anything as strong as 30% glycolic - but you could start using something lighter like aqua glyolic which is around 10-15% strength. I'll post you a link in a moment.

A few friends of mine who have been on Accutane said that their derms recommended that they use a some AHA (like glycolic) lotions straight after accutane, so aqua glycolic sounds good or that.

Also, safe to use would be 100% aloe vera gel (avail from most heath stores) which does help with improving texture and some of the more superficial scarring like red marks.