Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. Been using the regimen for 7 days. Im using almost a full pump of BP, and my skin is like HOT BURNING!!! Dan says I should go up to 2 pumps eventually, but if not even 1 full pump makes my skin burning like this, whaty wouldn't 2 full pumps make my skin feel like? Is it possible to just stay on 1 pump, not "upradng" to 2. Would it have the same effect?

Hi there. Burning, redness, and discomfort are completely normal for where you are in the regimen. These symptoms should subside in the coming days as your skin adjusts to the BP. I would stick with the 1 pump for now (twice daily I assume??), and as you notice your skin tolerating the BP and the discomfort lessening, gradually kick up your dosage by a half pump, and when your skin tolerates that, kick it up again. You will need to eventually be using the recommended full 2 pumps to see optimum results, altho there are those who do well with a little less or even a little more.

If your skin starts to get lobster red and cracked while using the one full pump, either kick up the moisturizer, or maybe cut your BP to a half a pump twice daily and see if things start to feel better. Severe redness and overdry, cracked skin could mean you increased too fast. But for now, one full pump seems like a sensible amount to be using.

Be sure you're moisturizing, and not skipping this step. A good moisturizer will help with the burning and redness and help keep your skin's balance in check.

Hope this helps! :D

Thanks. I am doing it twice a day(morning-night) and it is a little cracked aswell. Though, I use every step of the regimen all the time. So, I'll just stick with the 1 pump. My skin, though, is not burning right now. I guess it was just the first hours after I applied.

Thanks. I am doing it twice a day(morning-night) and it is a little cracked aswell. Though, I use every step of the regimen all the time. So, I'll just stick with the 1 pump. My skin, though, is not burning right now. I guess it was just the first hours after I applied.

If that's the case, then I would also use a little more moisturizer. This should help keep the dryness from getting any worse, and over time will improve your skin's balance so you no longer experience the cracking.

It's important to listen to your skin at all times, but esp. in the beginning when you're acclimating your skin to the regimen. Nipping small problems in the bud can help prevent them from getting out of hand. :)

at the beginning of my regimen i had this intesne burning on my lips :( but like what i did was just get a pack of ice and put a towel surrounding it and place it on my face until it subsided.. :D

I'm on week 3 and I tried a full pump last week and I had to go back down to 1/2 pump. My face hurt and was the flakiest I've seen since I've started the regimen. Once the texture gets better (hopefully this week - just got some Emu oil) I'm going to go up to 3/4 pump. Baby steps!