Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pakifairy

my derm wants to do restalyne or radiesse fillers for my scars

why pay for temp fillers that will only last a month or so when you can pay almost the same amount for a permanent solution?

One of my worst regrets was paying 600$ in the past for temp fillers when I could of payed near the same amount for silicone injections. I just didn't know about silicone at the time, bummer!

Hey I'm actually getting Restylane on the 13th.

I agree with Drewboy, you should be looking at permanent fillers. The only reason i am getting this done with Restylane first is to see if i like the results for when i get Artecoll (permanent) injections. Since the Artecoll will be there forever, it is best to see if i like the results i will be getting. In my opinion, this $1000 that i'm spending on Restylane is the biggest waste of money, but it is necessary in preventing any regrets with the Artecoll.

If i had a choice between Radiese and Restylane, I would chose Restylane.

But just make sure of one thing when you get this done. When you get Restylane injections, you are suppose to have a follow-up injection 2-4 weeks after your first injection to maintain your correction. I read somewhere in drewboys silicone thread that Restylane only lasted for like 3 weeks. If they didnt get the follow-up injections, then i think their derm ripped them off.

Pakifairy - I did one round of Restalyne to see how a filler would work. Instead of lasting 6 months, it was gone in about 3 or 4 weeks and cost me $400. If you want to waste $400 that bad, just mail it to me. lol.