Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dude and Dudettes....anyone else feels like its SO HARD to tell your parents...about what acne does to you?? couple years back i was Sent to a Program for Drugs..and other things i was really depressed 1 night and wrote a letter to my parents saying things that was on my mind.....i told them i had a Gun in my room waiting to kill myself if i broke out more(sadly its true). and to this day i cant talk to them about it for long.

Oh ya Anyone else from Florida on the Boards??

I talk to my mom about my acne all the time. It's good to just get it of your back.

I'm from south florida

I would talk to my mom about it, but she looks at me like a crazy.

I hate when I show her a bad breakout and shes like " where? I dont see anything! " I hate when she does that.

Arghh.

-IQs

8-[ When I was melancholic due to acne, I did talked to my family about it. The only response I got was like, "Don't talk crap! It's just acne. It's not like some major illness". :-$ My whole family can be crappy, so yeah. Lolx. They love judging others for real! biggrin.gif I'm a changed person now, so I don't really give a damn. Acne or whatever, I'm going to audition for my country's version of 'American Idol' later this year! biggrin.gif/ Wee!

My mom's "code" to tell me I look bad is to say, "Time to see David" who is our derm. I find it embarrassing. I usually wait for people to bring it up before I'll talk about their skin. I know how it feels. Yes, life could be worse, but that's little comfort when you feel like crap.

I can't talk to my parents about acne or any1 else for that matter except for a couple good friends. Yeah, Sebas I'm from Jacksonville(North FL).

Guest Brandon
That's something I don't talk about, I couldn't think of a more uncomfortable and embarrassing conversation with anybody.

I talk to my mother about it. She's supportive, but she really doesn't get why i'm so sad about it. My dad, on the other hand, would either be totally quite and not know what to say, or would recommend I go on a crazy health food diet. (I eat damn healthy anyhow, but he'd get me to eliminate almost everything)

if you can't talk to your family about it, then you've come to the right boards to post about your skin. here, everyone knows what you're going through and knows what its like

I went out with a guy once who had really bad acne. Sometimes, it would bleed and he wouldn't know it. I would think to myself, "Should I tell him? It would embarrass him if I mentioned it but it would embarrass him more if he saw it later and wondered how long it had been there." I would try to think how I would want someone to tell me. I would want to know but I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by it. I think I just said, "You have a little blood there" like it was no big deal. It's so hard to know what to do. We went out for nine months before he talked about his skin and how upsetting it had been for him growing up. He'd be a totally different person, I think. It's so hard.

I'd be more worried that you had a gun in the house and were prepared to blow your brains out over a skin problem.

wasnt just skin problem my freind smile.gifsmile.gif it was alot alot alot of crap adds up...and just another slight problem made it all worse.

If it weren't for my mom being there, I don't know what I would do. My dad fails to see anything wrong with my face and just doesn't get it. ](*,)

These boards have helped, also. I thought for a while there that I was one of only a few that is emotionally affected by this horrible visitor.

hey

this past week i have had a lot of problems with my mom due to acne. i had a horrible reaction to a product (Follique...DO NOT USE IT) and i have been very down. she is getting really upset cause i have not left teh house at all ( i am on my spring break from college...not exactly mtv style stuff) sad.gif and have been in one of my worst depressions in months. she sees me lie to people so i dont have to go out and she is getting mad.

she didnt understand the severity of the mental effects of acne untill this past summer. she saw how it was taking over my life and how doctors (not derms..just regular doctors for checkups and stuff) would say "wow...you have really bad acne) and how it would tear me apart.

this whole week i have been sitting alone in the dark watching tv. she remembers the old me where i went out a lot and really enjoyed being alive...it must kill her to see me like this now. it kills me more though..

i told her that i think i suffer from ( or at least symptoms of ) acne dysmorphia...she has been really cool about it and wants to see me better...she has been my support throughout this battle ad has spent so much money on me to get treatments...

i cant wait till this long battle is over with. i have come to the point where i am no longer living a normal life. i am a prisoner in my body. my jail cell is a bathroom with a mirror where i spend many hours of the day looking at myself.

i want my life back.

i think we would ALL be different people if we didn't have acne. i remember back in high school all the pretty girls with the perfect skin would band together and be so mean to everyone else not in their group. they had this unshakeable conficence and had soooo much drama. because they didn't have to worry about acne they find something else to worry about like boyfriends, who's dating who and what not.

i know for a fact that i would have been completely different. the past 3 times i was on accutane and had perfect skin i accomplished so much and was confident enough to pursue relationships. but when the acne returned each time only a month later, i'd just become such an introvert.

i'm not saying i want to be those girls who were so catty. in fact, there are some things that having acne has taught me. i love people for who they are and i never judge people on looks. it gave me so much deeper insight on people's emotions and how their minds work...hard to write out but so many other qualities that my current boyfriend has told me are "marriage material."