Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facelooklikemyass

All time most hated question!!!

What's your #1 most hated question from anyone about your face?

#1 Have you ever tried Proactive?

Pissed the hell out of me whenever I hear that fricking question. Damn commercial is everywhere, on the TV, on the radio, you name it.

Random Fat Girl Lab Partner : (Working closley together) What the hell happened to your face?

Me: What the hell happened to your body Jabbah (as in jabbah the hut)

When I worked at Dillard's it was always the girls at the Clinique counter who were so sure that their product would clear my face. They would always say something about BP or SA. ummm I've tried BP and SA in several different products, its not gonna work.

at my student health..

"Want to go see a dermatologist? They can clear you right up."

YEah. I've been trying that for 10 years. I doubt any dermatologist can "clear me right up"

I hate :

"You need to clean your diet up and drink more water and green tea."

"Yeah", I think, "and why dont you just shut the f*ck up and talk about something you know about".

Also....

"Your face looks red, have you been in the sun"

I think "Yeah, constantly for 10 f*ckin years you idiot"

Wonderful, I feel much better now. Good topic.

People don't even talk to me about my acne. Which I consider even WORSE than being talked to about it. A few of my co-workers comment about it to other co-workers when they think I'm not in hearing distance, saying things like "What is that all over her face?" and "She actually thinks her make-up is covering it up". Kills me every time.

They would say: whats wrong with your face, you should see a dermotologst.

And i would : lift up my t shirt and show them my 9mm under my belt.

and they shut up right away. haha im just joking this time.

People don't even talk to me about my acne. Which I consider even WORSE than being talked to about it. A few of my co-workers comment about it to other co-workers when they think I'm not in hearing distance, saying things like "What is that all over her face?" and "She actually thinks her make-up is covering it up". Kills me every time.

People are assholes I swear. I work at a construction co. with nothing but guys and one of the supervisors (when I first started to get cystic acne) asked me what happened to my face as he thought someone had "popped" me. I forgave him after all he is Canadian. Kidding Canadians I love you. Then a few weeks later this guy came in and asked me if I had gotten into a fight (I had a cyst under my eye) I said its a pimple now I know you don't know what that is being that you don't know anything about manners either.

And about the proactive products its weird because my little sister use to have really bad acne but proactive cleared her up nicely although she does still get the occasional big pimple. Proactive did absolutely nothing for me. Usually the people that tell you to try proactive have never had to deal with acne in their entire life.

Also....

"Your face looks red, have you been in the sun"

I think "Yeah, constantly for 10 f*ckin years you idiot"

Wonderful, I feel much better now. Good topic.

"Oh why don't you put a little Neutrogena on that"

Ah, like I haven't tried everything...

People generally don't comment on my acne, which makes me suspicious and relived at the same time.

When my acne was severe in high school, my little cousin asked me, "what's that all over you face?" my response "they're pimples." his response, "well, maybe my dad can cut them out with his knife!" WTF!! Yeah, that was something I'll never forget. For the most part though, people don't usually comment on my acne unless I bring it up first. Either that, or I just kill 'em with kindness, so they can't be an a**hole to my face lol.

-I fucking hate the proactive question

-My friend who had acne but just recently got rid of it just told me, "dude, all you gotta do is wash your face and the acne goes away" *facepalm*

i hate the proactiv question too!

one time in my workplace elevator, when i stepped in the janitor was there but she didn't know how to speak English ... and she started pointing at my face, i know she was trying to maybe show that she felt sorry for me or something but i didn't exactly even know how to answer her cuz she didn't understand English