Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

First off I would like to say I LOVE THIS FORUM!

I have been, reading this board for over a year, but lost my password, so I could not log in..

Anyway, I am 22 yrs old with I guess hormonal acne , and allergic related acne as well..

Let me start off by saying what I DONT EAT:

*DAIRY...(well I still eat shredded cheese, it is hard to give up giving my limited food choices)

*WHEAT /GLUTEN

*NO BAKED GOODS, BREADS, GRAINS, FRUITS,

*NO RED MEATS..NO MEATS AT ALL, BESIDES SALMON(I AM TURNING INTO A FISH)

* NO SOY, OR SOY LETICHIN,

* NO LACTOSE, LACTIC ACID

*NO HFCS, OR CORN SYRUPS, NO SUGARS, NO ..ANYTHING, THAT MAKES ME HAPPY :cry: ...

YES I AM AM/WAS AN EMOTINAL EATER...

*NO SUGAR/SUGARS..OH, ALREADY SAID THAT...HE,HE..

*NO CHOCOLATE...I TRIED THE WHOLE GHARDELLIE COCA THING BECAUSE I..LOOOVE CHOCOLATE...unfortunately my skin does not agree...

*NO PATATOES, OR BAD CARBOHYDRATES...I AM MAD AT THIS ONE..NO SWEET POTATOES..EXT..

* NO PEANUTS, OR NUTS WHATS O EVER, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

* NO LIFE...LOL.. :cry:

Well ,not really, I know people are like well, darn, what does she eat..and the reason I knwo I cant have any of those above, is because I did the whole process of elimination thing, and loe and behold cutting out all of the above foods, helped me tremendously...TREMENDOUSLY :D

I do eat :

*DARK ROMAINE LETTUCE, DAILY..

*BROCCOLLI, MIXED WITH MINI SWEET PEPPERS, GARLIC CLOVES, AND PLENTY OF ONIONS..JUST TO GIVE IT SOME SPICE!!

*SALMON

*PURIFIED H20

*KALE

*SPINACH SALADS

*CAULIFLOWER

Basically all healthy dark green leaves,ans salmon...and that is it.

I have been soooo CLEAR...EVEN THOUGH IT SUCKS, BECAUSE I PRACTICALLY LIVED off of sugar and chocolate...

The other thing that sucks about this is I am 5'3 , and 105 pds..yeah, border line anorexic..

anywho..my supps include:

*VITAMIN C.2,000 MGS<<FOR ALLERGIES, SOME DAYS MORE.

*B-COMPLEX, I was taken one, until I found out it has soy, in it...and yeast :eh:

SO I AM LOOKING FOR ONE WITHOUT MY ALLERGENS, PLEASE HELP..THANKS

*NIACINAMIDE, 500MGS

*ZINC 50 MGS

*VITAMIN A&D<<WAITING ON IT TO ARRIVE

*VITAMIN E. 400 MGS

AND CALCIUM.

I know this seems like alot, being I should get my "needed", amount from my PERFECT FREAKIN DIET..

however, I notice a difference , when I dont take all of these vitamins, and I just feel better.

I think I might have CANDIDA, but since july of lat yr, I have been taking those sups, and also eating perfect, slipping up here and there..

I dont have time to do the whole cleanse thing, plus I dont want an IB, because when I do I get scars thata take decades to go away.

The really sucky thing about this whole acne hell, is that my skin is NATURALLY DRY, and not oily, at all..

Maybe that is why I break out..I do believe that has some reasons, to it,however I will not add and moisterizer, because I feel it would break me out.

Okay, yes I babble alot..it is just I ahve been wanting to post for long I just want to get it all out...lol..

So, WHY AM I STILL GETTING A PIMPLE HERE AND THERE..

I USE RETIN A. 0.05%

I ALSO USE AN MANUAL EXFOLIATOR, BY PTR(GLYCOLIC ACID)..

I HAVE TO, MY SKIN DOES NOT EXFOLIATE PROPERLY.

I have this last little pimple on my left cheek from an clogged pore, and it is taking forever to go away, along with the scar..

WHAT CAN I DO? :mad:

HELP SOMEONE!!

AND IF YOU WANT TO AD SOMETHING TO MY WHOLE REGIMEN, PLEASE DO , I WILL TAKE CRITICISM, WHERES DO...

I WILL AM GOING TO BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER ON THIS WAWESOME BOARD...WHEW, I can breath now.

Wow congratulations, you should feel really good about yourself that you have made some really difficult but beneficial changes!

Your regimen sounds really good, but as you mentioned candida, have you considered taking probiotics?

Also, do you think there are any more veggies you can eat, just to give you some more variety?

Hello, Tasha... :D

I just asked that in the candida thread...lol..

I wanted to know if I can just throw in the probiotics, without having to do the candida cleanse fist, because I dont want the IB...that will leave behind some scars :mad:

LOL...I was at frist scared of the the thought of putting little creatures in my body...lol.even though we have plenty of flora already.

So, can someone asnwer this question about the whole having to the cleanse first?

or can I just throw some probiotics in to give me more FLORA?

THANKS!!

IMO, I really don't think a Candida cleanse is necessary. It seems that you have been avoiding sugar for quite a while, which is enough to considerably reduced the candida through starvation.

I think you should definitely just start taking a probiotic, "throw them in!"

Amazing, great job!!

Input your diet into nutritiondata.com in the 'pantry' and see what it tells you in terms of what you're missing vitamin/mineral wise. Whatever it is, take it, and see if that improves in a few weeks =) Also don't forget for fat soluble vitamins you need fat. That's about it. I hope you nothing but the best, you are really dedicated!

Thank you NdnRomeo!!

It is sooo hard though, so hard, ya know what I mean?

I mean, I am a fitness and nutrition student and I guess by me studying the GREAT BENEFITS of healthy organic food, and how they are sooo powerful, I really was do this acne,

being I ate sooo much sweets in high school, and just bad..I deserved this..

and in a way, It is a gifts and curse for me.

I do get envious of my freinds and family for dowing pepperoni pizzas in my face, and simple stuff like milk, however I know I will benefit inn the long wrong!!

I just miss my cereal a tad bit...cause that Is all, I mean all I used to eat.

However again though, I dont live to eat now, my mind is trained to only eat for my health, and when I am full.

Heres an Old Swedish Proverb:

"Fear less,hope more;eat less,chew more;whine less,breathe more;talk less, say more;hate less ,love more;and all good things are yours."

I really take this proverb to heart, and the way I eat and live in general.

I hope some of you can take a harken unto this as well. ;)

Thank you NdnRomeo!!

It is sooo hard though, so hard, ya know what I mean?

I mean, I am a fitness and nutrition student and I guess by me studying the GREAT BENEFITS of healthy organic food, and how they are sooo powerful, I really was do this acne,

being I ate sooo much sweets in high school, and just bad..I deserved this..

and in a way, It is a gifts and curse for me.

I do get envious of my freinds and family for dowing pepperoni pizzas in my face, and simple stuff like milk, however I know I will benefit inn the long wrong!!

I just miss my cereal a tad bit...cause that Is all, I mean all I used to eat.

However again though, I dont live to eat now, my mind is trained to only eat for my health, and when I am full.

Heres an Old Swedish Proverb:

"Fear less,hope more;eat less,chew more;whine less,breathe more;talk less, say more;hate less ,love more;and all good things are yours."

I really take this proverb to heart, and the way I eat and live in general.

I hope some of you can take a harken unto this as well. ;)

Good job eliminating all the bad stuff!

But I think you should add more different foods to your diet, like fruit, nuts and seeds and eggs, chicken and red meat are good too. Theres nothing wrong with sweet potatoes. Eat fat and protein with it to lower the bloodsugar spike.

Dry skin sucks indeed. It could be a sign of not getting enough fats. I suggest to eat some more healthy fats (coconut oil).

Why do you think you have candida?

Candida cleans doesnt mean that you will have a IB.

Candida cleanse is basicly a nice diet without sugars, and some antifungals you can control without feeling too bad.

My candida seems like its going away after 1 month with a strict diet, and antifungals.

Yes, I have had some die off effects such as weird rash on the body, itchy eyes. Dry lips, small pimples (whiteheads). But I havent had a break out, with cysts or anything. As long as you sleep well, take Vitamin C, drink alot of water and keep your diet healthy you can minimize the die off effects.

But if you don't got candida overgrowth, then it might be a hormonal problem?

My take: Get some tests done, so you can figure out whats causing your pimples.

Hey Guys!

Well the thing is I took the spit test, alright...July of last yr..

And, I did/do have candida, it looked like a jellyfish in the clear glass I used...lol..

So from then I just basically ate the anti candida diet, and I cleared up, within 2 mnths...but oh will power..I did not take the probiotics, after I cleaned up my diet, so though I starved the candida, it is still there?

and I still dont have enough good bacteria/flora as of yet...plus I slipped up around holiday time last yr...and seriously, I am an sugar addict, though I do not eat sugar now, at all..if I touch it, I am addicted...I cant just have 1 or 2 cookies, I will eat an box of choco chip cookies in a heart beat.. :rolleyes:

My theory on harmonal acne, is it is related to diet whole heartedly...and stress...

when I stopped stressing and meditating, I get really clear skin...

now that I eat well, I am regular,(girly time of mnth)....well sometimes,I mostly spot now, and am looking for ways to become regular without BCPS..

before I would litterally go 6 mnths without a period...serioulsly, asking the docs whats wrong they did not help and wanted to put me on bcp, I said NO!! :naughty: ...AND glad I did tell em no..

I do not believe in Conventional medicine, unless you are dieing...and that, I even question...

So, I have taken basically my advice from this forum, this section..nutrition part...

and I have come up with a list of ALL THE FOODS, THAT MAKE PEOPLE BREAK OUT...which seems like alot..

and just cut them out cold turkey, JAN OF THIS YR...

I even in feb added, baked chicken, cause though this diet I posted above is very healthy..I being really petie, felt weak, and the baked chicken came in very handy...

However, in March, I started looking clear, and again stared touching dark chocolate, and wanting more, and more...like Its okay, shoot I have been doing sooo good , maybe I can eat some dark chocolate, and it made me feel good, until..when april came Another 3 pimples 2 on my chin, that left scars..and 1 big one on my cheek, right now, that is taking forever to go away.. I mean forever....It is trying to though, and again it is leaving a scar..

So I am sooo over testing this food, or that food, or even thinking of anything that would cause a rapid insulin spike.....I dont have time to wait forever for the pimples to come and go, and leave a memory behind...

I am training to become a Fitnes and Nutrition leader/personal trainer..and I am moving to NYC, in August...and I want to look my absolute BEST!!

If, I started to eat chiken, baked what about the harmones that might be in them...or whatever..

It is really annoying, but I want THE BEST FOR ME..AND MY HEALTH.....

I HAVE lost valuable time, ashamed of stupid scars and bumps on my precious face, that leads to another host of probos.....

So I have TRAINED MY MIND, TO EAT FOR MY FACE..NOT my TASTEBUDS, OR BELLY...And of course to eat for my health , however milk is supposed to be good for your health...and look where it has gotten us?

How many times when we were growing up did we see, or here,"MILK, IT DOES A BODY GOOD",with the white mustaches..ext...and the host of other eye cathing sugary sweet theme songs, to commercials that would eventually lead us to this CURSE...called acne?

SORRY FOR THE RANT,BEING WANTING TO DO IT A WHILE.. :rolleyes:

However my face is suuuuuper dry, :wall:

The only other thing I need now IMO, is the EVOO, or the coconut oils, and the codliver oils...and a probiotic ,and I feel I should be okay, and be able to maintain a good weight and Clear skin...

:( I hope.

Eliminate the Cheese and see if u get acne. , and also u take many supplement.. >_>

or w.e

you should buy Fruits they the best medicine for acne. lol

and carrots also good. :)

good luck , and welcome to forum

btw nuts are good is just depend .. if not allergic then is great.. :)if ur allergic.. bad luck. =]

i recomment brazil nuts , almond and walnut. that's it.

I don't know why the occasional pimple. Is it random or with your cycle? Maybe it's the dairy you still eat.

But you've probably cut out more things than necessary and should start adding them one by one to and watch for a reaction. I'd start with sweet potatoes. A great source of beta carotene.

i got acne from over exfoliating my skin..

uhm my derm says i dont really need to change diet she says its not related..

hmmm... unless certain foods breaks me out..or keeps me oily, i said i dont think there is any... but im not sure...what do you think??

i dont know what not to eat!

Good job eliminating all the bad stuff!

But I think you should add more different foods to your diet, like fruit, nuts and seeds and eggs, chicken and red meat are good too. Theres nothing wrong with sweet potatoes. Eat fat and protein with it to lower the bloodsugar spike.

Dry skin sucks indeed. It could be a sign of not getting enough fats. I suggest to eat some more healthy fats (coconut oil).

Why do you think you have candida?

Okay, guys people are replying to me, (this short while I have been here),to eat more foods,

ummm, like what?

I mean..grains=bad, right...

and baked potatoes =bad carb, that will mess me up right , even sweet poatoes...

See, I am just practically living off the anti candida diet, I mean how can you go wrong if you live off that.

And to those who suggested me take some supps, I already do, it is at the beggining of my post..

those who say I do not have enough variety...like what?

Eggs=possible harmones?

Chicken=possible harmones? unless, I guess free range chicken?

well it is expensive true?

the same with turkey?

I will never eat red meats, I dont see how that would be beneficial to me.

I might ad in some free range chicken from an organic store, if it is not really expensive :think:

because I do feel weak, on the days I do not exercise.

And to alternativista, I have irregular menstural cycles, so that is apart of my wierd skin also, I never really come on a full week, I only spot, 2 weeks, out of the mnth....before that I would not even get that far, but since my diet change I see a little, I just need that extra something, and this is what I will do, and I will be logging in on this to let ya guys know how this goes:

Eat: DARK GREEN RAOMAINE LETTUCE

*SPINACH LETTUCE

*BROCCOLLI

*CAULIFLOWER*BRUSSELSPROUTS

*KALE...AND MORE DARK GREEN VEGGIES , JUST DONT FEEL LIKE LISTING THEM ALL NOW.

I also, mixed alot of peppers, and onions in my salads, garlic,and also,cucumbers and that is it..

I was mixing in alot of shredded cheese, eggs, and I used a bad salad dressing, (RANCH)

I changed that about 2 mnths ago

FOR MY MEATS:

FREE RANGE CHICKEN(ORGANIC STORE?)

FREE RANGE TURKEY(ORGANIC STORE)

SALMON.

For my drinks:

PURIFIED H20.

I do all of that exept the baked chicken and turkey now.

For my supps:

I taked vitamin A.&D

Vitamin e.

zinc

niacinamide

milk thisle<<not deligent about that one...will be

Vitamin c.

calcium..

And I will order a (vitamin b-complex..)becaise my old one had soy in it.

I might get some chromium.

for oils I will buy:

cod liver oil, I dont know which kind, if some one can give me a specific brand that would be very helpful :angel:

The jury is still out on COCONUT OIL..IF SOMEONE CAN LET ME KNOW IF IT WILL MESS WITH MY HARMONES, PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT..

THANKS!!

EVOO??????

And lastly, a probiotics brand=DDS-1ACIDPHILIOUS.

And that is it my friends..

I hopes this helps me :confused::wacko:

I was mixing in alot of shredded cheese, eggs, and I used a bad salad dressing, (RANCH)

I changed that about 2 mnths ago

EVOO??????

Okay, so thanks to the advice here, I am seeing good results so far.

I started this thread, in the hopes of getting rid of 1 or 2, harmonal related spots, of acne..

On friday of last week, my skin has been clear with the above mentioned diet, however I would still have a pimple or 2 pop up and would leave a memory scar that would take deades to go away...

I finally goT rid of the 2 little boogers...

How?

well my diet, and also I have really, really dry skin, with a bit of eczema, just to makes thing that more nice :doubt: ..

Anywho, I am using retin a, 0.05%<<love the benies of this cream, and I was also using mama lotion, which had been also keeping my pores FAB...

However I was not using any type of moisterizer, to combat my SUPER DRY SKIN ACNE :shock:

Which could be a bit of a bummer, for your skin, because if you have border line sand paper skin naturally, and are using a PRODUCT , to dry your skin out more, like the mama lotion/retin a. Your skin will produce more oil, and thus we have dry skin acne :wacko:

SUCKS...RIGHT...

So, I looked at my skin last friday in the mirror, and I said, skin it's either you or me :cool:

And my skin, said...what are ya gonna do about it...lol

So I put on some JOJOBA OIL, after I wash with a gentle cleanser, which also dries my skin ou as well..

I then applied the JOJOBA OIL, and my skin drunk that oil up, like I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING GET SLURPED IN MY LIFE...UHH, OKAY...LOL

I just lefted it on, then I appleid my retin a.

thinking when I awoke the next moring my face would look like an dominos pizza..

But IT HAS NOT...IT LOOKED REALLY GLOWLY, AND BRIGHT, like I had an face lift..

I mean , even now, I touch my face and it feels so supple and tight ext...

I can not believe this was alll I NEEDED, as far an moisterizer, for my stupidly DRY SKIN ACNE...

I have no new spots on my cheeks, my chin, the scars are fading, yet they are still present

I look, like 5 yrs younger... :clap:

I LOVE THIS OIL SO FAR..

And I know some people have used JOJOBA, and have had side effects, and breaking out, but I THINK ANY OIL, FOR SKIN SHOULD BE USED FOR PEOPLE WITH DRY SKIN ACNE...

NOT OILY SKIN ACNE...

Since it mimcs, natural sebum, people with my skin type will benefit, but people who have oily skin already, may not want to take the risk.

Yet, my friends I have a whole new set of probos..

my side burns are having small little bumps on them like 3, on one side, an 1 on the other :doh:

I am assuming that maybe, it is the jojoba oil?

because I have hair in that area, and the oil with the hair, causes a breakm out?

To the people who know, if I shave that area, do you think that would stop that problem?

Or should I just NOT APPLY JOJOBA, on that area, I mean I really dont need it there any way...

I think IF I shave that area, and not apply the oil there that my skin should be alright ;)

And also, my pores have tightened siince the jojoba as well. :)

Thought I was through...?

NAAAH..

So, even though I loove how the oil, of jojoba, has helped my skin tremendously(so far)

I am still a firm believer in DIET AN ITS RELATION TO NOT ONLY CLEAR SKIN, but an overall healthier and better lifestyle..

So, I added some more foods into my regimen..

I now have a new, diet that I will stick with forever:

SPINACH LETTUCE, DARK GREEN

ROMAINE LETTUCE, DARK GREEN

KALE, DARK GREEN

BROCCOLLI

CAULIFLOWER

I eat berries, and I have eaten a banana, before I work out daily, for the past week.

I bought some avalcaldo,,,which I will fry, and put into my meals..

I bought an coconut, because I want to see what the rave is about...

I also have been drinking lemon water..

I eat raw garlic with every meal

I am trying to cure my harmonal acne, and candida at the same time...so that is why I have taken meal/supplent ideas from Ndromeos, thread, and also the candida thread, and came up with this regimen.

I have been using the EVOO, in myu salads, however my stomache does not agree with it..for some odd reason..

I also have some cod liver oil, but am afraid to supplement with it because of how I am reacting with the evoo...

I eventually would like to just get all my vitamins from food alone..

like the codliver, and maybe keep taking the calcium, and buy a plain old vitamin.d

I DONT WANT TO TAX MY LIVER.

MEATS:

*SALMON,,when I eat it, I have weird dreams, yet I sleep well and my mind become clear..

I would love to eat salmon daily, however everyone says that you should not eat fish every day..which sucks...

*BAKED CHICKEN...I really think I have become allergic to poultry, becuase I ate some chicken last night, and I had diarrhea, like syptoms...and a bad somache ache, I also ate it with EVOO,which I do not thinks it agrees with me...I dont know :unsure:

So I think I will shop at an whole foods strore from now on to buy free range salmon and chiken?

My supplements I take are:

VITAMIN A.&D, combined

Vitamin e.

vitamin c.

zinc

I get my b vitamins through my dark green foods..

L-glutamine

milk thisle

calcium

niacinamide

I bought an probiotic supplement, however it has milk..

I NEED AN NON DAIRY KIND, PLEASE SOMEONE WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET, WITH OUT SOY, OR MILK?

PLEASE HELP

So, my question are:

*CAN SOME ONE PLEASE RECCOMEND TO ME AN NON DAIRY/SOY/WHEAT EXT..PROBIOTIC, THAT I CAN GET AT TRADER JOES, OR ONLINE?

*AND PLEASE , CAN SOME ONE RECCOMEND A SALAD DRESSING I CAN USE ON MY SALADS IF THE EVOO, CONTINUES TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE CRAP, I NEED A SALAD DRESSING ,WHICH DO YOU GUYS USE, THAT IS NON ALLERGENIC?

I am almost there guys, holistically clear, yet I need HELP ON THESE LAST 2 QUERIES!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!