Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thecleardream

PARENTS!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1

OK so i know this is not really acne related but im feelin reallly really upset right now so i had to vent. here goes

seriously i dont mean this in bad way but my parents are really strict and old fashioned.. all my life all theyve done is compare me and my siblings to the rest of our family and the rest of society..

theyre completely ungrateful of us .. they constantly critisize us.. they 're not even happy the fact that i dont drink dont do drugs im not out on the streets.. im at uni gettin a degree (which may i point out is their choice... i wanted to do something completelty on the other side of the spectrum but apparently bein a teacher is not a very respectable job!!!)

they dont listen to us .. if i express my views my mum and dad shout at me telllin me im fucked up in the head..im tryin to have an intellectual convo with my parents and all they do is say you should listen to us.. always try and please ur parents

oh did i tell how im not allowed to go out .. durin my whole life.. oh iv had NO LIFE coz im not allowed ot have one.. just study study and more fuckin study..i have to stay home and the only time im allowed to go out is when i say 'i have an eye test' or bullshit like that.. i never got to do things like any normal teenager got to do..

the only freedom i have is uni which i started this year.. but now im goin back home to PRISON!!

they make me cry depressed ..more depressed they shout at me tell me im too arrogant i have arguments with my mum..

theyre soo backward they'll never understand..

i WILL NEVER ever be like this with my kids if i have kids..

sorry for this long post.. iv had it with being the yongest of the familybeing picked on by my siblings by my parents.. i couldnt give a fuck about them anymore. i dont love them .. i wana be on my own... :(

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds tough. If you're at uni now, at least you know that you can find your own place once you're done. Is your uni far away from home? Find a place in your university town and live there; after all that time at uni you'll have settled in. Also, TALK TO YOUR PARENTS, tell them how you feel. You said you have siblings, why not see if they feel the same way?

phew, that's harsh. If I were you, I'd do anything to get away from them seeing you're already 18+.

I've also been through some rough stuff with my dad that I never talk to him anymore.

"i WILL NEVER ever be like this with my kids if i have kids.. "<- That's what I also think.

Now i have acne, and it was probably cause of all the fuckin stress that he has given me.

I think we have to go through this, and once we actually become independent, we need to show them how ignorant they were by being super successful. It's like in-your-face b*tch thing.

When i go to uni, I don't plan to come back home unless it's absolutely necessary.

I don't love my dad nor my whole family(also have sister).

This is all bs, and I probably am the most mature person for what I have went through.

When I become independent I'm planning to have most minimal contact with them as possible.

I agree, I don't like my Dad or stepmum, but I like my mum. I'll try and keep contact with her. I also agree that the stress of my Dad probably didn't help my skin any.

i live at halls at uni and luckily my uni is really far awaY from home... THANK GOD.. no way i would ever like at home.. i would havE NOOOOOO LIFE.

all my siblings feeel ssame way... my sister left home coz she didnt wana get married and my parents wanted her to... my brother pretty much does wateva he wants coz he can.. and tries to boss me around the typical gangsta thug act.. i dont get on with him.. we mite as well be strangers

my other sister feels same way but she keeps her mouth shut..

i have tried A ZILLION times talkin to parents .. well my mum really coz i cant talk to dad about stuff like this.. and she interupts me sayin i need to see a psychologist coz i have issues..

they'll never understand what they've done to me.. turned me into a depressive explodin machine..

my only motivation is to get my degree done .. get job. and be successsful.. in life.. and NEVER NEVER EVER BE LIKE THIS TO MY KIDS..!!

phew, that's harsh. If I were you, I'd do anything to get away from them seeing you're already 18+.

I've also been through some rough stuff with my dad that I never talk to him anymore.

"i WILL NEVER ever be like this with my kids if i have kids.. "<- That's what I also think.

Now i have acne, and it was probably cause of all the fuckin stress that he has given me.

I think we have to go through this, and once we actually become independent, we need to show them how ignorant they were by being super successful. It's like in-your-face b*tch thing.

When i go to uni, I don't plan to come back home unless it's absolutely necessary.

I don't love my dad nor my whole family(also have sister).

This is all bs, and I probably am the most mature person for what I have went through.

When I become independent I'm planning to have most minimal contact with them as possible.

First off, feel free to vent here. Better out than in right??

There is always a better way to face situations. Trust me from experience my parents have been very misunderstanding and very strict\arrogant.

There is a way to get your point off by speaking in a positive manner. As soon as you get defensive it will encumber their ability to listen. Parents like to feel justified, i know they can really be a pain, but the only way to deal with it is through assertive non-resistance.

Parents often have a im-right-your-to-young-to-understand complex. You have to work with their point of view, even if you don't agree. And slowly you can "help them see."

Often times parents will let your future success overlook your happiness. If your not in a genre of study you want to be in, then approach your parents with a plan. With what you want from your future, what you feel is right in your heart\eyes. Show you have the gumption to be what you want to be.

You see, in their eye's they feel theyre doing whats best for you. They see you as a "child" that can't make the right decision for himself. So work with that realization.

ONce you prove to them that you have it in you to make something of yourself, they will give you more freedom.

Kk so they don't want you going out when you have a test. Next time tell them, they don't need to tell you that. Tell them your responsible enough to study for tests, that you realize the importance of studying and you will do what it takes to pass. Prove to them you are worthy of their respect. Just show them your worth. Its much better to do it through action and not just words.

My parents are also very old-fashioned. It was hard growing up normal. They wouldn't let me spend the night at friends houses. They said crap like "you have your own house." They wouldn't let me have a girlfriend in grade-school.

I did eventually but the point is parents will extend their trust and leniency once you prove to them you are worthy of it.

As for your brothers and sisters, you need to find common ground with them. Your parents, your siblings they all love you, but its hard to see when you can't get past the past.

Forgive them all for whatever they have done to you. Reinvent yourself to them as someone who is worthy of "hanging with you" ya know what i mean???

Please please just don't dwell on the past. Accept it as it was, and plan on making a better future. You have dominion over your life, make the best of it. :comfort:

I FEEL YOU MAN.. nice to know im not on my own.. YEA WELL SHOW THEM.. i didnt go home as well thru this year at uni but in holidays like now summer i have to go home.. i dnt care im gona get a job (iv neva had a job before coz parents didnt want me to have one coz my dad didnt want society to hear that him a solicitor 's daughter is workin in a shop) I DONT FUCKIN CARE ANYMORE I NEED A JOB I NEED CONFIDENCE GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS.. I NEED TO GET FUCKIN AWAY FROM HOUSE.. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! IM GONA DO THIS.. ITS MY LIFE

PINKPHILOSOPHY .. thank you for you advice.. i will really take in on board.. i understand one of my biggest problems is anger anger anger towards my parents in conversations.. i mean i really should try to have a calm civilised conversation with them ..

if we clash thats ok ill end the topic.. coz i know i cant win ..

see my parents should trust me coz i was the only one oout of my siblings who didnt rebel against my parents coz my siblings rebellled really badly and ended up pretty badly.. i gave up my life coz i know if i went to uni .. i would finally experience things here. so i waited..

but im the most strongest opinitated out of the whole of us.. but yet.. they want for me what they want.. im just gona try and get a job and keep to myself . . ireally dont want any more arguments with anyone.. coz i know its gona like mess up parents health.. so lesson to me DONT ARGUE ANYMORE lol

and 'meeeeeeee' lol.. my acne used to be bad which kept me from goin out.. but if i 'd had the opportunity to go out .. i wouldve gone out.. coz its better than sittin in ur room feelin sorry for urself coz u hate ur life soo much as u feel like a prisioner within ur own house..

anyway i think im gona stop all this self wallowi now.. i feel better im more determined to do well in degree get a job.. and help ppl in future .. thank you ppl for commentin anyway.. really appreciate it.. xxx

PINKPHILOSOPHY .. thank you for you advice.. i will really take in on board.. i understand one of my biggest problems is anger anger anger towards my parents in conversations.. i mean i really should try to have a calm civilised conversation with them ..

if we clash thats ok ill end the topic.. coz i know i cant win ..

see my parents should trust me coz i was the only one oout of my siblings who didnt rebel against my parents coz my siblings rebellled really badly and ended up pretty badly.. i gave up my life coz i know if i went to uni .. i would finally experience things here. so i waited..

but im the most strongest opinitated out of the whole of us.. but yet.. they want for me what they want.. im just gona try and get a job and keep to myself . . ireally dont want any more arguments with anyone.. coz i know its gona like mess up parents health.. so lesson to me DONT ARGUE ANYMORE lol

and 'meeeeeeee' lol.. my acne used to be bad which kept me from goin out.. but if i 'd had the opportunity to go out .. i wouldve gone out.. coz its better than sittin in ur room feelin sorry for urself coz u hate ur life soo much as u feel like a prisioner within ur own house..

anyway i think im gona stop all this self wallowi now.. i feel better im more determined to do well in degree get a job.. and help ppl in future .. thank you ppl for commentin anyway.. really appreciate it.. xxx

Easy. Get your parents cock out of your mouth and stand up for yourself. Tell them you are an adult and you would appriciate if they removed their giant overprotective cock-sheild from your mouth and want to say what you feel and not what they shove down your throat. Easy, problem solved.