Notifications
Clear all

can deep acne scars go away naturally?

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/01/2008 4:10 pm

I dont want to do any harsh treatments on my skin, has anybodys scars (holes) on their skin gone away naturally with time?? Please someone give me some hope that they will!! The redmarks have faded but the holes / pockets are still there. In the AM, they sem to be fuller and more raised but as the day goes by they look deep again. I just want my beautiful skin back, I hate this!

MemberMember
(@gkc)

Posted : 06/01/2008 6:01 pm

I'm also looking for the answer of this question. It has been 2 years since I got my scars. I'm sick and tired of looking at them in the mirror to see if they improve day by day, looking at others' faces if they have scars, dreaming about scar treatments, searching for treatments, doctors etc. I'm really angry with today's understanding of "scar". Scar is not a cosmetic issue, it's an illness that needs to be treated, approached like any other illness. Moreover, it is not only our faces but also our psychology that get scarred. My parents have promised me that they will do everything, pay any amount for them to disappear. They have already paid a fortune. I must confess that they have improved a little thanks to the cream I use. My parents are so cute. they are looking at my scars a few times a day and say "hey, they have improved a lot. they are about to disappear. you'll see you'll be left with nothing in a few months." It hasn't been long since I stopped using Accutane. Thus, we'll be waiting for a few more months for scar treatments. Actually, I had 2 sessions of chemical peels. Chemical peel does nothing for scars but helps with discoloration. My skin has become very sensitive after chemical peels. Even scratching leaves red marks for a few days.

I'll be seeing a prominent plastic surgeon here in a few months. I hope to share my success story with you. However, if the answer of this question is "certainly yes", I might wait for that day.

It has been a long post telling nothing about treatments or your question. I'm sorry for that.

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/01/2008 6:10 pm

I'm also looking for the answer of this question. It has been 2 years since I got my scars. I'm sick and tired of looking at them in the mirror to see if they improve day by day, looking at others' faces if they have scars, dreaming about scar treatments, searching for treatments, doctors etc. I'm really angry with today's understanding of "scar". Scar is not a cosmetic issue, it's an illness that needs to be treated, approached like any other illness. Moreover, it is not only our faces but also our psychology that get scarred. My parents have promised me that they will do everything, pay any amount for them to disappear. They have already paid a fortune. I must confess that they have improved a little thanks to the cream I use. My parents are so cute. they are looking at my scars a few times a day and say "hey, they have improved a lot. they are about to disappear. you'll see you'll be left with nothing in a few months." It hasn't been long since I stopped using Accutane. Thus, we'll be waiting for a few more months for scar treatments. Actually, I had 2 sessions of chemical peels. Chemical peel does nothing for scars but helps with discoloration. My skin has become very sensitive after chemical peels. Even scratching leaves red marks for a few days.

I'll be seeing a prominent plastic surgeon here in a few months. I hope to share my success story with you. However, if the answer of this question is "certainly yes", I might wait for that day.

It has been a long post telling nothing about treatments or your question. I'm sorry for that.

MemberMember
(@rian202003)

Posted : 06/01/2008 6:15 pm

scars are always remodelling themselves, but they will never be perfect.

i noticed some scars more or less vanish with time, others obviously much deeper have still improved but are still noticeable.

you should look into maybe needling and using vit c serum to boost collagen production.

Tca cross is also a good inexpensive treatment which has helped me.

goodluck

MemberMember
(@incognit0)

Posted : 06/01/2008 6:40 pm

Ha...for some number of years I had hoped (and kind of sincerely believed) things would just work out spontaneously if I gave them time. But I've given up on that by now. Active intervention is needed. Once the skin scars and remodels it will not want to change. It's like falling on your knees when you are a little kid and scarring your knees. I still have some of those.

MemberMember
(@gkc)

Posted : 06/01/2008 6:56 pm

LOL ! Thats ok . I enjoyed your post. its nice to know that there are people out there that feel exactly like you do. Your parents remind alot of mine. My parents are always telling me how much my skin has improved , my mom usd to cry with me on those days when I couldnt take it anymore. She couldnt stand to see me so upset and she saw how mcuh acne had changed me. I didnt start breaking out till the age of 23. I used to model and all that stopeed when I started breaking out. Now im left with nasty scars on my cheeks, I still get a few breakouts but nothing compared to how it used to be. And I know finally that the cause of my acne was sress. I als wanted to share that meditation helped me alot. That is all.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:04 pm

Has anone tried this?

http://www.skincultureusa.com/catalog/index.php

Cus I was kinda sorta hopin this would b the answer to my prayers.

A very expensive answer to my prayers but none-the-less.

MemberMember
(@spotz)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:10 pm

i am 21 and i have a lot of hyperpigmentation that JUST started to show up from picking my face a couple of months ago. my acne was completely stress related too. when i went to the dermatologist, she said that scars take sometimes years to heal and i almost started to cry in her office. however, she did suggest chemical peels so i'm going to try that. i just dont get how something that has been there no longer than a couple of months is going to take so long to go away. hopefully for all of us there is a way that these scars can go away faster.

MemberMember
(@chickybabe88)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:27 pm

i too have a very uneven skin tone that is riddled with red marks....which makes it look worse...im having fraxel repair co2 on the 25th and will post on results of skin tone and red marks...i dont know why but this is where i have been putting all my hopes..i dont know what i will do after this if it does not work....its 3200 dollars and im exhausted from research and thinking about it...i feel like i think about acne 23:45 minutes out of everyday..even when i sleep and watch movies its crazy...im sooo fucking over it....

MemberMember
(@naitch)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:30 pm

Yeah, they do, mine aren't as deep anymore. I had deep rolling scars as well as some box scars which are now just moderate. But it took like two years to get there. Your age is key to your scars healing. If you're in your 20's then your scars should fill in some, as for mild scars, I believe they can disappear in a couple years if you're in your 20's.

MemberMember
(@nwc2001)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:33 pm

My mom said her friend had bad acne when she was young, and now her scars have disappeared. (But then again, she's in her 40s) >.<

MemberMember
(@ai3forever)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:36 pm

Tell you the truth, It will never really go away. We have hope though, look at the scarless healing thread.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/01/2008 7:56 pm

I'm honestly thinking chemical peels is the only way opposed to time.

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/01/2008 9:16 pm

i am 21 and i have a lot of hyperpigmentation that JUST started to show up from picking my face a couple of months ago. my acne was completely stress related too. when i went to the dermatologist, she said that scars take sometimes years to heal and i almost started to cry in her office. however, she did suggest chemical peels so i'm going to try that. i just dont get how something that has been there no longer than a couple of months is going to take so long to go away. hopefully for all of us there is a way that these scars can go away faster.
MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/01/2008 9:21 pm

Yeah, they do, mine aren't as deep anymore. I had deep rolling scars as well as some box scars which are now just moderate. But it took like two years to get there. Your age is key to your scars healing. If you're in your 20's then your scars should fill in some, as for mild scars, I believe they can disappear in a couple years if you're in your 20's.
MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 06/01/2008 9:23 pm

Dont do chemical peels!! Please!! You will just get more scars. Trust me, thats how I got al my scars. When u keep taking away layers and layers of skin from your face, your skin looses its ability to heal itself and that why a pimples sticks around so much longer than it used to and thats also why u are left with a scar when before you would break out and you wouldnt have anything after it was gone. I wish I had known all of this before and I probably woudnt have scars now.

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/01/2008 10:00 pm

i too have a very uneven skin tone that is riddled with red marks....which makes it look worse...im having fraxel repair co2 on the 25th and will post on results of skin tone and red marks...i dont know why but this is where i have been putting all my hopes..i dont know what i will do after this if it does not work....its 3200 dollars and im exhausted from research and thinking about it...i feel like i think about acne 23:45 minutes out of everyday..even when i sleep and watch movies its crazy...im sooo fucking over it....
MemberMember
(@mroversized)

Posted : 06/02/2008 12:50 am

Dont do chemical peels!! Please!! You will just get more scars. Trust me, thats how I got al my scars. When u keep taking away layers and layers of skin from your face, your skin looses its ability to heal itself and that why a pimples sticks around so much longer than it used to and thats also why u are left with a scar when before you would break out and you wouldnt have anything after it was gone. I wish I had known all of this before and I probably woudnt have scars now.

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/02/2008 1:43 am

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/02/2008 1:47 am

Really even these peels will cause more scarring?

http://www.skincultureusa.com/catalog/index.php

MemberMember
(@como)

Posted : 06/02/2008 7:42 am

i'm scared shitless of scars. i can't tell if i have any since the zits aren't that old, but i'm scared SHITLESS that they'll be there forever.

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 06/02/2008 8:17 am

NO! use Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice. Mederma works wonders too.

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 06/02/2008 10:30 am

I dont want to do any harsh treatments on my skin, has anybodys scars (holes) on their skin gone away naturally with time?? Please someone give me some hope that they will!! The redmarks have faded but the holes / pockets are still there. In the AM, they sem to be fuller and more raised but as the day goes by they look deep again. I just want my beautiful skin back, I hate this!
MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 06/02/2008 1:10 pm

I wash my face everyday and morning. Mosturize it. And take vitamins. Also, I use usually just one product to fade my scars. It's getting better. I just want to take it easy on my skin. ..not to make it worse. I hope it'll get better.

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/02/2008 11:26 pm

Awesome! Thank you. My scars are new, ive only had them for about 6 months, but man once you get a few you start seeing so many more. Now its like I cant get a pimple without it leaving a hole.

Anyways, I stopped doing anything and everything to my skin and it has improved so much. I just wanted to see if anyones scars went away on their own.

Did you have little holes? those tyoes of scars? or redmarks?

i'm scared shitless of scars. i can't tell if i have any since the zits aren't that old, but i'm scared SHITLESS that they'll be there forever.

I wouldnt do any peels or micro then! Leave that top layer of your skin alone. good luck!