Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have to be seriously attracted to them for me to want to be their gf or even srsly liking them. i don't go for the touchy feely confidant types. but i don't like them to be completely introverted either. :snooty:

I want a girl too...I've only been in 1 serious relationship and although it ended up not so good, I still miss having someone. She is older(I was 20 at the time, she was 23) and the problem was that she wanted to get married. She was Pakistani(I'm only half, also half english/french), though she didn't look it, she was more fair skinned but boy was she beautiful. But yeah, in that culture the women get married young and she always brought up marriage with me. She was being pressured at the time so I kind of understand it. Her family wanted her to get married and she had people asking her all the time. We kind of had a secret relationship..Almost romeo and juliet like...

I was 20 in college at the time and the last thing on my mind was marriage so I kept having to hold it off, although I didn't completely disregard the possibility of it in the future...But she got impatient since she was getting older...Played games with me, always mentioning other guys that her family was trying to hook her up with but it was just a tease. I was the first and only guy she had ever been with and she literally gave her body to me and opened up to a guy for the first time in her life...It was such a turn on to be honest...Untouchable virgin girl that no one could ever get, she just teased guys all the time but finally she actually got with one..me...She was WILD in bed, sexually repressed and loved every second of it...The things that came out of this innocent girl's mouth were unbelievable but I loved it...We were very physical and we also had a good mental connection too...I felt lucky...However, she was messed up in the head...Played a TON of games and started fights and drama...She lived on drama...She was very manipulative and hot and cold and started to judge me in many ways...I stayed with her for about a year which I regret, although the first 6 months were magical, over the next 6 it slowly got worse...We eventually ended up parting ways...She still calls me hinting she wanted to get back together but I just can't...Despite her being one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen and extremely nice, caring and generous at times, there's just too much baggage...

Anyway, I had to vent that story...I still think about her every day and what could have been, wondering if I'll ever find love again...The relationship was like a romance novel or something...

I really miss having someone too...It sucks because I know I could call her right now and get her back but all the bad drama would just come back...Whatever you do, don't be desperate for a girl though, you'll never find the right one..The best relationships kind of just happen without any real pre-requisite..There's just a comfortable, unspoken connection...Anything that feels even 1% forced will probably end up badly...

My dads like this. "Have you got a girlfriend yet"

"No"

"Why"

It's like it's just that easy to go and find someone. To be honest, I probably could get someone today, but I want someone who is beautiful on the inside aswell as the outside (both are important to me), and who shares my personality, like bubbly and outgoing.

It's just not as easy as those in relationships make it out to be.

about me: Im a 19 yr old college student.

Any suggestions? :D

Umm... Go somewhere like the library, a music festival, convention or whatever you're interested in. Then flirt. If nothing else, you will have a good time and know that the girls you meet share at least one hobby with you. I mean... isn't... that... what people do? (yeah, I've never had a boyfriend, yet!)

By the way, isn't it easier to first just try to make friends with someone of the opposite sex and then after a while start thinking about going further in to a relationsship? That's my strategy. I find it easier to find out the inner personality that way.

I know several people who are in LT committed relationships (two are married) from meeting on match.com. I think e-harmony is for people who want to get married now. . . no, make that yesterday. :lol: I gotta ask though, why do you want to be in a serious relationship at 19? Go out there and have fun. You're not always going to be able really enjoy your single life as much as you can in you late teens and 20's. ;) If you want a gf, though, knock yourself out. It seems that most young ladies are up for a committed relationship. . . at least back in my day they were! :lol:

Once you get a nice car and some money, all the "wanting a girlfriend" idea will become reality.

Not really true. I have a Lotus Elise, which is a pretty nice car, but it doesn't make up for not meeting the right person. Hell, I wouldn't even drive it on a first date (anyone who gets swayed by a car is not worth my time); I'd rather take the Jetta TDI instead (it's more environmentally friendly anyway). Hell, next time I have a date, I might take the scooter.

Whatever you do, don't be desperate for a girl though, you'll never find the right one..The best relationships kind of just happen without any real pre-requisite..There's just a comfortable, unspoken connection...Anything that feels even 1% forced will probably end up badly...

So very true!!!

:D

Dammit I can't stand being single anymore. I try to ignore it, but then...People keep asking me questions like: So, do you have a girlfriend. And you're too cute not to have a girlfriend. And Why not? What are you waiting for? Coworkers are the worst about this. Its like they are taunting me or something.

Patience is a virtue, but Im itching really bad. Before I die, I want to at least date one girl in a serious relationship. Right now Im trying to figure out how.

-Schools out... so that won't work.

-I dont think my friends know any girls to hook me up with

-People at my works are old and decrepit.

-Im considering dating service or something.

about me: Im a 19 yr old college student.

Any suggestions? :D

Join a club about something you're interested in. I did that for a while and I met a lot of cool people. I'm in a similar situation as you and am still single, but at least if you join a club you'll have a chance to hang out with some people your age with your interests outside of school :)

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason Co-founder of Acnesingles.com This is a new dating website that is for people with acne or any other kind of skin condition. I know the challenges of dating with severe acne. My daughter has severe acne and is dealing with low self esteem, depression and the fear of never finding someone who wants to be with her. I would like to get some feed back from all of you. This new dating website will be up and running shortly! I would like to know if anyone would like to join this website? It will be a dating website where you can post pictures, have a profile, chat and hopefully meet someone with similar conditions as you. It will be free to join and the first 250 people will have a free premium memberships for the first 6 months. I would love to hear from all of you!

Thank You,

Jason

www.AcneSingles.com coming soon!

You don't need a gf.

I have had a bf's all through highschool and college (graduating w/ bio degree) and its a waste of time. I wish i never dated and instead concentrated on my school. I would have all A's. Concentrate on school you don't need distractions. Get good grades, graduate, get a career or whatever you plan to do then find someone. I found my bf (future husband) in lab. lol

If you just sit around looking/waiting for love, it won't happen. Love comes along when you least expect it.

So, do you have a girlfriend. And you're too cute not to have a girlfriend.
Edited by Ḻyssa

dude you dont "need" a girl friend. The more you want this the more it will allude you. Your 19 so this is not a critical situation. Some of the best advice I ever got was to expand my horizons. Instead of trying to get with the same girls that know you, go somewhere where you can be the "new" guy. Trust me if you try to keep getting with the same girls week after week year after year it is just going to frusterate you to no end. Chances are that if the girl had the option of dating you for a year or more and hasnt, it is probably advisable to move on

my 2 cents

I feel the same about getting a boyfriend! My family is always asking me and saying that I am too cute to not have a boyfriend already... well, I am 17 and still waiting! I do not know where to look though, cause all the guys in my very small school of 55 students are kind of gay... and in Sweden guys are so annoyingly shy, they never do anything but stare at your boobs and don't dare to actually TALK to you or anything - its always the girls who have to start.

But good luck to you! I am sure you will find a nice girl somewhere :)

Boys suck, too. It's everyone. People suck. :shrug:

I was looking more for sympathy... *rolls eyes* ;)

lol...

Sympathy and crying about it won't bring her back, sorry. :confused:

hhmmm. we'll see about that...