Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmoore

anybody use low dose doxy?

hi has anybody use oracea for acne control, which is 40 mg doxy, it does not kill bacteria but is anti-inflammatry and can take as long as you need to.

hi has anybody use oracea for acne control, which is 40 mg doxy, it does not kill bacteria but is anti-inflammatry and can take as long as you need to.

who knows? i just got prescribed it because i'm trying to 'wean' off antibiotics in general, even though i've been on mino for a couple years then erythromycin for the last year...sooo...i'm starting to break out now, who knows? :/

it helps reduce redness of active acne and makes my new ones smaller. so i can take it for years without side effcts of regualr dose

Right now I'm taking 100 mg a day (doryx), but I;m thinking of switching to 1 pill every other day (effectively 50 mg a day since it's time released) until i run out of my prescription, i'll update how that goes in my log. Is oracea time released??

yes its tiem relasesed 40 mg. so it doesnt kill bacteria, but when your acne is undercontroll with topicals you can use it for maintenance