Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sometimes i think i look ok when i look in my little compact mirror and then when i look in my bigger mirror i look dreadful!

Does ne1 else have this problem???

sometimes i think i look ok when i look in my little compact mirror and then when i look in my bigger mirror i look dreadful!

yes,

car mirrors are dodgy too, sometimes catch a glimpse and nearly swallow my own vomit.

em also mirror in bathroom is OK with the lighting in there, but i dread going in elevators with mirrored walls or looking at myself in mirrors in shops when im buying clothes etc.

just depends on lighting i guess.

dont worry im sure your gorgeous and we just examine our mugs too much.

so dont overanalyse ! ;)

Yes I see the same thing! Remember getting a big relief when I discovered that everyone looks ugly in those mirrors (thought it was just me) when I look at someone standing next to me in the elevator they always look much more ugly in the mirror than when I look directly at them in the same light, so the mirror is definatly not showing what others see due to reflected lightning or something. Even people with flawless skin look like they have ugly old saggy skin in alot of elevator mirrors and such, wonderful, hehe.

I think its lighting...my bathroom has 3 bright lights above the mirror and I can see everything...just grounds for picking LOL

I love to go to my aunts because her mirrors just love me he he he.

And the car mirror forget about it, oh I don't like natural sunlight.

I think the angle of the light is important too. If it comes in at an at the side of your face when you are looking at it will make any bumps stick out more. Fluorescent and direct sunlight are the worst.

I tried an experiment two months ago, where I didn't look in mirrors for two weeks. By not looking at my skin, I wasn't worrying about it, stress levels went down, social life went up, and as a result, my skin's overall texture looked much nicer when I finally did look in the mirror. If I absolutely DID have to look in the mirror, I took a large step away from it, instead of leaning forward to think about all the things I hate about my skin. Worked wonders :).

Guest missyjean130

Lighting works against you as well.

I like my big mirror better actually...

Just about everyone on this site knows in some mirrors you look good and others you don't.

So congrats on being the 47463 poster on this same topic.

I tried an experiment two months ago, where I didn't look in mirrors for two weeks. By not looking at my skin, I wasn't worrying about it, stress levels went down, social life went up, and as a result, my skin's overall texture looked much nicer when I finally did look in the mirror. If I absolutely DID have to look in the mirror, I took a large step away from it, instead of leaning forward to think about all the things I hate about my skin. Worked wonders :).

Just about everyone on this site knows in some mirrors you look good and others you don't.

So congrats on being the 47463 poster on this same topic.

Guest 27withacne

My advice....STAY AWAY from ALL mirrors!!! LOL.....It depends on lighting...I suggest you stay away from Fluro lighting, it shows up everything!!!!! Got o amirror with natural lighting, where there is plenty of sunshine....and if your stills tressing out,t hen just stay away from mirrors all together! LOL

Hugs, Trent

i can name off every mirror i look good in...if im feeling down i will go to these places just to look in the mirror....

ie, blockbuster, food lion, the gas station by my house...i think i like bright flourescent lights...i hate yellow lights...

why is it that fluroescant light makes you appear the worst? That blows hard cause most public places like offices, classrooms and hospitals, etc use fluroescant lighting....damn