Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corkymcorky

New Accutane (Isotretinoin) Users

I have just started Accutane and I wonder if anyone else is out there who would like to go through the experience with me? Not just one person but any person. I've been hiding from my acne and have been embarassed by it for TOO LONG! I'm READY for the change! So if you're out there, just talk to me!

I'm on day 5 of my treatment and very interested in seeing your progress. Pm' me if you need someone to talk to. I know what you mean. We are all here for that very same reason, to get rid of that acne and restore our confidence back.

I'm on day 5 of my treatment and very interested in seeing your progress. Pm' me if you need someone to talk to. I know what you mean. We are all here for that very same reason, to get rid of that acne and restore our confidence back.

Do you ever get the feeling that the people with clear skin don't appreciate it as much? I feel that all the time! I just wish they would before they have to appreciate clear skin the hard way--acne.

Do you ever get the feeling that the people with clear skin don't appreciate it as much? I feel that all the time! I just wish they would before they have to appreciate clear skin the hard way--acne.

i am just done with my accutane, but oh definitely. i agree with that statement. my friends will always whine about having a spot and i used to tell them that they weren't allowed to mention spots because i won hands down on th spot front.

good luck with your treatment, it's difficult at times but you soon get used to side effects (flaking skin etc) and it becomes part of your life. i'm lost without it now! good luck, i hope it sorts your skin out once and for all. it's wonderful in th end, so hang in there!

On my second month now. Isotretinoin branded as Oratane.

First month - 20mg

Second Month - 40mg.

My derm wanted me to go low on it first to make it safer.

Skin isn't very dry but my lips are and they are VERY dry. I get cracks when i laugh or yawn, it's hella painful and looks bad. I'm getting back pain and a little joint pain so working out is kinda tough.

First month - 20mg

Second Month - 40mg.

Skin isn't very dry but my lips are and they are VERY dry. I get cracks when i laugh or yawn, it's hella painful and looks bad. I'm getting back pain and a little joint pain so working out is kinda tough.

First month - 20mg

Second Month - 40mg.

what kind of cream are you using for you lips?

My derm started me right off at 40mg. Guess she wasn't so concerned about the safety. lol jk.

Are you taking anything for your joints too?

oh well if my lips get too dried out I'll have to remember those products.

Right now though, I'm using eucerin at night on my lips and sometimes in the morning if needed. My lips aren't dry to where they hurt but they're drier than normal and during the day I use Burt's Bees Wax and it seems to help really nicely.

First month - 20mg

Second Month - 40mg.

what kind of cream are you using for you lips?

My derm started me right off at 40mg. Guess she wasn't so concerned about the safety. lol jk.

Are you taking anything for your joints too?

what day are most of you at now? I'm at day 26, and i haven't had a terrible IB yet?. I had 2 medium ones pop up on my back and 1 on my chest, 2 medium ones on my face and thats it. It's actually helped a lot so far, im impressed. I have lab work tomorrow(Today technically i guess, lol but it's still today for me cause i go to bed late) and i think they're gonna bump me up to 80 mg/day. I'm pretty sure i can handle it. Dryness is not too bad yet, and side effects are minimal. GL to the rest of you!