Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tanejunkie

Amazing Results for this 30 year sufferer

Hi all.

Just want to pass something along that has shown results for me. If you check my previous posts you'll see my history. I hope they don't move this post because its holistic because I want to get the message to people who just can't find a cure and have tried almost everything. (adults like me)

One of my problems was I believed what most doctors say in "Diet has no effect on acne"

In my case this has proven to be bullshit. In absolute desperation I now start my day with a pint and a half of green smoothie instead of two cups of coffee. I drink plenty of water, eat fairly healthy(always have really) and smoothie again in the late afternoon. The results are similar to taking 20 mgs a day of accutane, which also works for me, but derms are hard to see here in Canada unless you cry to your dr. like little baby and this is a way healthier method.

I'm not saying they'll cure everyone but It's certainly helping me a lot. Please go to the holistic forum for more info. Good luck and keep fighting

I've always thought that Diet contributed to acne. I have a hormonal problem and Dr.s know hat diet can effect that, so why not acne? I just started taking a Greens formula. Haven't noticed anything yet but I'm fairly clear right now, just working on healing my scars.

I'm glad it's working for you. Acne has many causes and finding your's was a boon.

Hi all.

Just want to pass something along that has shown results for me. If you check my previous posts you'll see my history. I hope they don't move this post because its holistic because I want to get the message to people who just can't find a cure and have tried almost everything. (adults like me)

One of my problems was I believed what most doctors say in "Diet has no effect on acne"

In my case this has proven to be bullshit. In absolute desperation I now start my day with a pint and a half of green smoothie instead of two cups of coffee. I drink plenty of water, eat fairly healthy(always have really) and smoothie again in the late afternoon. The results are similar to taking 20 mgs a day of accutane, which also works for me, but derms are hard to see here in Canada unless you cry to your dr. like little baby and this is a way healthier method.

I'm not saying they'll cure everyone but It's certainly helping me a lot. Please go to the holistic forum for more info. Good luck and keep fighting

SnapCracklePop,

You might have a problem with your digestive system. Either you need digestive enzymes or probiotics or perhaps you have a leaky gut and need to heal that. Try searching for "leaky gut" on this forum to learn more.

SnapCracklePop,

You might have a problem with your digestive system. Either you need digestive enzymes or probiotics or perhaps you have a leaky gut and need to heal that. Try searching for "leaky gut" on this forum to learn more.

Re: the gallbladder problems, have you thought about taking sensible health herbs and doing liver flushes? www.sensiblehealth.com This board and curezone.com have more information about the products at sensiblehealth.com as well as all type of flushes.

I totally agree with diet affecting acne.

I found that cutting out dairy and greasy, deep fried food helps keep my skin

less oily and clogged. Also, i find pork anything worsens acne.

I am going to try this green smoothie thing and hope it works.

If anyone else tried it, please let us know how it did.

In absolute desperation I now start my day with a pint and a half of green smoothie instead of two cups of coffee.

Does anyone know exactly what a "green smoothie" is? After 20 years of acne and 15 years of coffee every morning I have just switched to drinking green tea in the morning. Is this the same thing. I am also going to try cutting out dairy (very hard for me) and limiting sugars (not so hard for me).

In absolute desperation I now start my day with a pint and a half of green smoothie instead of two cups of coffee.

Does anyone know exactly what a "green smoothie" is? After 20 years of acne and 15 years of coffee every morning I have just switched to drinking green tea in the morning. Is this the same thing. I am also going to try cutting out dairy (very hard for me) and limiting sugars (not so hard for me).

Thanks Kaisen, I thought I made it clear in my first post that all info required is over in the holistic forum...where I found it. Search smoothie.

My green smoothies are: into the blender......a good handfull of mixed leafy greens(spinich,kale,swiss chard,romaine lettuce) or even just spinich. Some fruit(almost anything really) and some water. If you want it cold add some frozen fruit or crushed ice. Some people complain of the flavour. I could choke it back even without the fruit, but its the fruit that is supposed to mask the greens and make it drinkable. It's the ground up blended greens doing the good. The absorption of vitamins and nutrients is apparently four times what it is if you chew it.

It's still working great for me. Others please report. Be disiplined in drinking them on a regular basis. I'm 6'5 and 220 so drink a batch in the morning and again in the late afternoon. You may not require as much. Good luck.

Is this making you completely clear?

Do you do anything else? (special diets/supplements)

I'm really not doing anything else. And yes i would say I'm 95% clear. I still can't believe it really. I'm eating less dairy fat, I used to eat so much cheese and dairy. I'm drinking more water and less fruit juice because I get lots of fruit in the smoothies and don't want to over sugar.

This is worth a try as it really costs nothing. No supplements. Life is good!

I'm a 41 year old male and have had cystic acne for at least 15 years. For the most part, my complexion can be described as relatively clear. However, I tend to get 1 to 3 pea sized, red inflamed cysts every 4 to 5 weeks. These cysts can come up at anytime. 24/7. They only occur on the nose, around the nose, mouth and on the chin. Cheeks, forehead, jawline and rests of the body are supper clear. They itch like HELL when they start.

Intense itchy acne-like papules/cysts in 41 male, without rosacea flushing, makes me think of demodicidosis. If you don't have classic acne symptoms like oily skin or comedones or any classic rosacea symptoms like flushing, it would be worth trying treatments for demodicidosis.