Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HolisticJane

PTR Potent Botanical Skin Lightener is Awesome!!

In all my years of trying to Lighten my redmarks and leftover brown scars from acne, I've finally found a true winner.

Peter Thomas Roth Potent Botanical Lightener. No my redmarks are not completely gone (8 days of use) but they are fading to almost nothing. I had a particularly stubborn one on my left cheek that even a good concealer would not cover and it's about 70% reduced in color.

It's oil-free, Hydroquinone free. Has Azelaic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Bearberry and mulberry extracts. It does tingle when you put it on but it only last for about a minute. I suspect it's because of the Vitamin C and alcohol in it. this is really good not only at reducing red spots, it can also help dry out oily skin and improve your pore size. I think it may also help keep you clear because of the Azelaic and salicylic acid. But I'm on Tazorac, so not sure if it is contributing to my clear skin.

I got mine at Sephora. Though places like Skinstore sell it. It's HQ free so you should be able to buy it in the UK. It was expensive $50 USD but after reading reviews on Makeupalley.com I decided to splurge because I can't afford Laser treatments and I'm tired of buying products that don't live up to the hype. this one got excellent reviews and it seems since you need so little of it for one application it should last awhile.

If anyone in the UK is reading this, do you know where you can buy it?

For reference, you can buy HQ in the UK. (I think)

interesting that it works for u, i tried it but it gave me an unnatural glow.that i didn't like and my hyperpigmentation marks were not fading! BUt, i found PCA phaze 13 gel, to be very good! Its only been 3 days, and its starting to fade, it seems stronger though..

hi holistic did you use the Tazorac in the past with other skin lighteners. I think it may be the combination of the two resulting in the great results. I say this because I used meladerm for sometime and it took a good 2-3 months for my marks to fade. Second time round I tried it after I started using Retin-A and I saw almost the same results in 2 weeks.

However I stopped using both as I wanted to focus on clearing all of my active acne first and then I am sure to return to this combination again.

If anyone in the UK is reading this, do you know where you can buy it?

For reference, you can buy HQ in the UK. (I think)

I often order my PTR products from eBay (American stores). The price inc. shipping is ~ RRP on PTR website. I've ordered 4 times already, no problems at all, fresh products and they often arrive in 5 days, pretty quick huh ^^

In all my years of trying to Lighten my redmarks and leftover brown scars from acne, I've finally found a true winner.

Peter Thomas Roth Potent Botanical Lightener. No my redmarks are not completely gone (8 days of use) but they are fading to almost nothing. I had a particularly stubborn one on my left cheek that even a good concealer would not cover and it's about 70% reduced in color.

It's oil-free, Hydroquinone free. Has Azelaic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Bearberry and mulberry extracts. It does tingle when you put it on but it only last for about a minute. I suspect it's because of the Vitamin C and alcohol in it. this is really good not only at reducing red spots, it can also help dry out oily skin and improve your pore size. I think it may also help keep you clear because of the Azelaic and salicylic acid. But I'm on Tazorac, so not sure if it is contributing to my clear skin.

Hi,

Quick question as I was looking for your posting on this as I remember someone sending me to this thread to take a look at the product. I see that it is not in your signature. Did you change or stop using thes and why? I was thinking about ordering it. Is the Fade Gel better?

Thanks,