Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you really get sensitive to the sun on accutane. I plan on going to my lakehouse just about every weekend this summer. I will be in the sun a lot. I usually use coppertone SPF 8 and am fine.

I would definitely use a higher spf that is water/sweatproof. I'm highly sensitive to the sun now and used to tan quite easily. Now, if I'm out in the sun without coverage, I can feel my skin starting to sting within 10 minutes. I'm going on a canoe trip next month and talked to my derm because we'll be out in the sun all day. He said to wear lightweight clothing that covers (pants and long sleeves) for as much as I can possibly stand (it gets really hot here), a hat with a wide brim, and reapply sunblock every 2 hours. You should be fine as long as you keep yourself covered up.

Be smart about your sun exposure. Last summer I spent a lot of time outdoors at my Lake house and used a minimum of SPF 30. Also, when I felt Like I was getting too much sun I would seek shade.