Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Creme de la Creme

benzoyl peroxide: using too much?

my skins getting kinda, i dont know how to describe it, dry obviously but also wrinklyish..eh i dunno, im gonna use less tonight. the only reason i put a lot on is cause i want to be safe but i guess i have to cut down. any body else have this experience with BP?

my skins getting kinda, i dont know how to describe it, dry obviously but also wrinklyish..eh i dunno, im gonna use less tonight. the only reason i put a lot on is cause i want to be safe but i guess i have to cut down. any body else have this experience with BP?

i can't use face washes with bp in it because i always get chemical burns.....

but i always use spot treatment with BP.

if it's getting too dry maybe you should use cetaphil fash or just moisturize more.

Yes, i started out for about 2 weeks where my face would get red. the dryness, it does improve but not by alot, you will get dry skin no matter what i think. anyways you're face should become accustom to bp/

hey, i use BP 5% and at first my face went bright red - then like grey from dryness - then wrinkly especially around the sensitive areas like my chin. it felt really tight so i started using it every other day.

Bp works quite well but my personal fav is Freederm, it ACTUALLY works for me. it dries out a pimple in a day if i apply it 2/3 times and after all that, no dryness/wrinkles or redness. infact, it actually reduces the redness i get from "angry spots". love it x

Sometimes less is more. i know Dans regimen encourages using a lot of BP but in the early stages use only a sufficient amount to cover the spots u want to cover (do not over do it). I have been on BP for well over 6 months now and my tolerance is quite high but in my early stages of the regimen i suffered from dryness and tight skin (lines like you mentioned).

Advice wise, take it easy ... do what the product says e.g. light layer around skin, and work on from there. Just remember to be persistent, i could have quite easily stopped with BP after 3 months with still very spotty skin but thankfully i kept on going and my skin is, and continues to be, the best i have ever seen it.

Once your skin is happy with BP, try encorporating Salicylic Acid ... this will help with redmarks and also the emergence of new/clean skin.

hope this helps

Watch out when using BP! Thats how my allergic reaction started. First, a little bit of dryness around my chin, then it transfered to the region under my eyes, then the itching began! My face was so itchy that I just wanted to tear into the flesh as I scratched. No more BP for me. All natural from now on...