Notifications
Clear all

Purple bruising -- Help Please !!!!

MemberMember
(@sammiemc)

Posted : 05/29/2008 9:22 am

Hello, I have question I hope someone can help me with. I have developed a cyst on my right jaw line and one up by my temple and they are a brused purple red color. The one on my temple has gone down almost flat but the bruising is still very prominant. And the one on my jaw line is still swollen and is bruised also. I haven't messed with them except to wash and apply product but I would just like to be ablt to help dimish the bruising so it doesn't look like I have taken a bat to the face. Do you have any advice please I really need the help.

Thank you soo much for anything helpful.

MemberMember
(@glass)

Posted : 05/29/2008 11:35 am

Hello, I have question I hope someone can help me with. I have developed a cyst on my right jaw line and one up by my temple and they are a brused purple red color. The one on my temple has gone down almost flat but the bruising is still very prominant. And the one on my jaw line is still swollen and is bruised also. I haven't messed with them except to wash and apply product but I would just like to be ablt to help dimish the bruising so it doesn't look like I have taken a bat to the face. Do you have any advice please I really need the help.

Thank you soo much for anything helpful.

I've had purple bruising before. What I did was I put lots of moisturizer on it before I go to sleep (a non-comedogenic one, preferably vitamin e or aloe vera). And I was also using glycolic acid that time; it helped with the marks.

Are you using BP? Because I used to have purple marks because of BP. I stopped using it and used Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion instead. It cures and lessens redness and discoloration.

MemberMember
(@sammiemc)

Posted : 05/29/2008 12:18 pm

I've had purple bruising before. What I did was I put lots of moisturizer on it before I go to sleep (a non-comedogenic one, preferably vitamin e or aloe vera). And I was also using glycolic acid that time; it helped with the marks.

Are you using BP? Because I used to have purple marks because of BP. I stopped using it and used Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion instead. It cures and lessens redness and discoloration.

MemberMember
(@glass)

Posted : 05/29/2008 10:19 pm

Thank you soo much, I had been using BP up until about 2 weeks ago, how long do you think the effects will continue? Thanks again.

Well, it depends. Sometimes it peels, in which case the purple mark becomes red again, which is relatively better than a bruise. Use any glycolic facial wash or moisturizer, then wait until the marks fade. It might take a few weeks, depending on the darkness of the mark.

And if you want to avoid purple marks, don't use BP ever. At least that's true in my case.

MemberMember
(@tarabear)

Posted : 04/04/2009 10:39 am

I had a nodule for 4 weeks now. I had to pop it when it came to a head, the most disgusting thing ever on my face. It is now just purple, like bruised underneath. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last. What are some suggestions to getting that area to return to normal color?

Also, it still feels like deep deep underneath there is a bump. I'm not sure what I can put on it. It's not an open sore or anything. Not even a scab. It's just a purple mark on my cheek.

Help?

MemberMember
(@harordr)

Posted : 04/04/2009 10:57 am

If its more of a purple brown mark then the derm can do some pigmentation work on you but if its a red mark then u just have to let it fade over time while some peels could also help with this but u just have to be patient. I know its rough cause i was perfectly clear 2 weeks ago until i got sick now im broken out bad again with scarring happening and i just did 8 months of chem peels to get rid of the scars that i had before.

MemberMember
(@tarabear)

Posted : 04/04/2009 9:19 pm

If its more of a purple brown mark then the derm can do some pigmentation work on you but if its a red mark then u just have to let it fade over time while some peels could also help with this but u just have to be patient. I know its rough cause i was perfectly clear 2 weeks ago until i got sick now im broken out bad again with scarring happening and i just did 8 months of chem peels to get rid of the scars that i had before.

There is still a bump underneath the bruising... I don't know what to do... I don't think I can get a cortizone shot to help because it's not inflamed or hurting.

MemberMember
(@zafirah)

Posted : 04/02/2018 2:30 pm

On 4/4/2009 at 9:09 PM, tarabear said:

I had a nodule for 4 weeks now. I had to pop it when it came to a head, the most disgusting thing ever on my face. It is now just purple, like bruised underneath. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last. What are some suggestions to getting that area to return to normal color?

Also, it still feels like deep deep underneath there is a bump. I'm not sure what I can put on it. It's not an open sore or anything. Not even a scab. It's just a purple mark on my cheek.

Help?

I have the same issue with nearly all my cysts on my face right now. The bumps dont seem to go as well

I have the same issue with a couple of my cysts as well. The bumps dont seem to go and remain as hard lumps underneath the skin. They appear flat but deep down there is a lump. Have yours gone down?