Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tanya33

Fraxel Repair (co2 combined)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone is considering, read, or have done a treatment with the fraxel co2 laser?

It is the newest fraxel, and it is recommended you only do it once (unlike the fraxel restore which you have multiple treatments). It goes deeper, and it is suitable for acne scars.

Any thoughts or research?

:D:dance:

My laser center in DC, which is a teaching facility, has the Fraxel Repair machine, and has not been very impressed by the results. The laser which Fraxel is the Erbium laser, which is not as power as the CO2 laser. HTH

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone is considering, read, or have done a treatment with the fraxel co2 laser?

It is the newest fraxel, and it is recommended you only do it once (unlike the fraxel restore which you have multiple treatments). It goes deeper, and it is suitable for acne scars.

Thanks for that.

I was actually going to book it in next week. Did you mean that it is an equivalent to the erbium laser? I went to see a doctor that has just got in the machine (he also does fraxel restore treatments), and he says that it is CO2 laser but using only fractional zaps. (or however you would describe it)

It does sound great, but, would love to hear more about it. It is 5K...what does one do, wait and see, or just try it out? Ah...acne decisions...story of our lives..

:snooty::boohoo:

Also, for anyone wanting to do some research on it, it is called 'Fraxel Repair', as opposed to 'Fraxel restore' (which requires several treatments)

I have searched on you tube as well, and there are some briefs there.

My laser center in DC, which is a teaching facility, has the Fraxel Repair machine, and has not been very impressed by the results. The laser which Fraxel is the Erbium laser, which is not as power as the CO2 laser. HTH

Hey guys,

And I ask you guys, like I did the last re:pair laser thread, did your doctors ACTUALLY tell you that Re:pair is suitable for Acne scars and that's what the laser is certified for?

I'm just really curious as to how many doctors buy the laser and lie to patients outright.

Re:pair is not FDA approved for acne scar treatments, nor did Reliant even apply to the FDA for this purpose.

And I ask you guys, like I did the last re:pair laser thread, did your doctors ACTUALLY tell you that Re:pair is suitable for Acne scars and that's what the laser is certified for?

I'm just really curious as to how many doctors buy the laser and lie to patients outright.

Re:pair is not FDA approved for acne scar treatments, nor did Reliant even apply to the FDA for this purpose.

Jesus, Citizen you are like a broken record repeating the same non-FDA approval spew every time some mentions the new Fraxel.

Just to let you know, although there is no evidence I care to look for to cite to to prove that it does work for acne scars, based on the fact that they don't have said approval doesn't mean it doesnt work either.

So how about you move on. I'm pretty sure we get your point.

Jesus, Citizen you are like a broken record repeating the same non-FDA approval spew every time some mentions the new Fraxel.

Just to let you know, although there is no evidence I care to look for to cite to to prove that it does work for acne scars, based on the fact that they don't have said approval doesn't mean it doesnt work either.

So how about you move on. I'm pretty sure we get your point.

Panda,why do u feel that a machine needs to be FDA approved for it to be effective or safe?

The Rhytec plasma is FDA approved for acne scarring and I havent heard a single soul praising the machine.

if you want to see before and after pics of repair go to realself.com and look up there threads....there is a dr weiner there with his treatments posted he says its the best treatment to date for scars and he loves it...i get it on the 25th and will keep detailed post for all considering it...

if you want to see before and after pics of repair go to realself.com and look up there threads....there is a dr weiner there with his treatments posted he says its the best treatment to date for scars and he loves it...i get it on the 25th and will keep detailed post for all considering it...

I had really deep peeling after three rounds of Levulan and my minor scarring and really bad texture improved dramatically. My scars look worse than they actually were my skin texture was so bad due to lots of diffuse tiny sebaceous cysts.

I'm going to go for Total FX in the fall in Bucks County, PA at the practice of the doc who invented the Total FX software and protcol. It really matters who performs the procedures.

IMO, these remedies produce about 20 percent improvement each, and everyone responds differently. The trick is stimulating your skin to produce new collagen.

I have had CoolTouch (total BS), Levulan (great), fat grafting (great), Tazorac (great), and cauterization of my hard sebaceous hyperplasia bumps (great). Docs think fat grafting works by mobilizing stem cells in the fat to repair the skin. Your skin actually improves with subcutaneous fat injection and it's crazy. My skin looks awesome and it's because I sought out treatment and take care of my skin.

You can improve your skin, but it takes time and money and patience. There is no cure all.

i'm going to try on on this thread since maybe you didn't see the question on the other one. but i'm in dc and am curious who your laser center is in dc.

you are going all the way to pa to get the total fx done?

Hey guys,

Well it is 2 weeks 2 days post Fraxel Repair. My session was done at the highest level 70mj and 60%. I would estimate 50% improvement at this point and they say I can expect further improvement for up to 2 months. Since I received a Demoral-Phenergan-Versed drug cocktail in addition to a Xanax one hour prior to the procedure I had no pain. The first day was a blur because of the drugs. Swelling peaked on the 2nd day after, and at the end of the first week I drove 1000 miles on vacation. By 10 days I felt totally healed except for tightness and dry eyes from the eye shields they use. I understand from a doctor on http://www.realself.com/forum/fraxel-repai...r#comment-17550 that there are only 30-35 Re:pairs in the country. Mine was only 4 miles away in Oklahoma City. At this point I most highly recommend the procedure. I had Dermabrasion and CO2 before and this appears to be the best of the 3 Biggies.

Well it is 2 weeks 2 days post Fraxel Repair. My session was done at the highest level 70mj and 60%. I would estimate 50% improvement at this point and they say I can expect further improvement for up to 2 months. Since I received a Demoral-Phenergan-Versed drug cocktail in addition to a Xanax one hour prior to the procedure I had no pain. The first day was a blur because of the drugs. Swelling peaked on the 2nd day after, and at the end of the first week I drove 1000 miles on vacation. By 10 days I felt totally healed except for tightness and dry eyes from the eye shields they use. I understand from a doctor on http://www.realself.com/forum/fraxel-repai...r#comment-17550 that there are only 30-35 Re:pairs in the country. Mine was only 4 miles away in Oklahoma City. At this point I most highly recommend the procedure. I had Dermabrasion and CO2 before and this appears to be the best of the 3 Biggies.

dudley how bad were your scars before the surgery

Guest Cubsfan
Well it is 2 weeks 2 days post Fraxel Repair. My session was done at the highest level 70mj and 60%. I would estimate 50% improvement at this point and they say I can expect further improvement for up to 2 months.

sorry to burst your bubble but 50% improvement in 2 weeks is impossible,

what you're seeing is swelling... this will taper down fairly soon.

Well it is 2 weeks 2 days post Fraxel Repair. My session was done at the highest level 70mj and 60%. I would estimate 50% improvement at this point and they say I can expect further improvement for up to 2 months.

its actually not impossible due to the fact that it is ablative and takes layers of skin off your face...hence the resurfacing part of the name..and swelling after 2 weeks thats a bit intense 1 maybe but two your just red and he will see even more when collagen builds...

keep your negativity to yourself and let him be his own judge.

its actually not impossible due to the fact that it is ablative and takes layers of skin off your face...hence the resurfacing part of the name..and swelling after 2 weeks thats a bit intense 1 maybe but two your just red and he will see even more when collagen builds...

So happy for ur improvements.I'm thinking of this procedure as well but am concerned about pigmentation problems with co2 even tho fractionated.Will u be posting any photos?

:dance:

Well it is 2 weeks 2 days post Fraxel Repair. My session was done at the highest level 70mj and 60%. I would estimate 50% improvement at this point and they say I can expect further improvement for up to 2 months. Since I received a Demoral-Phenergan-Versed drug cocktail in addition to a Xanax one hour prior to the procedure I had no pain. The first day was a blur because of the drugs. Swelling peaked on the 2nd day after, and at the end of the first week I drove 1000 miles on vacation. By 10 days I felt totally healed except for tightness and dry eyes from the eye shields they use. I understand from a doctor on that there are only 30-35 Re:pairs in the country. Mine was only 4 miles away in Oklahoma City. At this point I most highly recommend the procedure. I had Dermabrasion and CO2 before and this appears to be the best of the 3 Biggies.

:dance:
Well it is 2 weeks 2 days post Fraxel Repair. My session was done at the highest level 70mj and 60%. I would estimate 50% improvement at this point and they say I can expect further improvement for up to 2 months. Since I received a Demoral-Phenergan-Versed drug cocktail in addition to a Xanax one hour prior to the procedure I had no pain. The first day was a blur because of the drugs. Swelling peaked on the 2nd day after, and at the end of the first week I drove 1000 miles on vacation. By 10 days I felt totally healed except for tightness and dry eyes from the eye shields they use. I understand from a doctor on that there are only 30-35 Re:pairs in the country. Mine was only 4 miles away in Oklahoma City. At this point I most highly recommend the procedure. I had Dermabrasion and CO2 before and this appears to be the best of the 3 Biggies.

Hi! I was wondering...which place in OKC did you go to? I have been researching for a few months now. I am looking into the Fraxel! Thanks!

LaserLight Skin Clinic is the only place that I know of in Oklahoma. They said another doctor in the area is getting one, but I don't know who that is. I try not to use the word Fraxel too much because of the different Fraxels. I always specify Re:pair. A lot of doctors offer Fraxel, but very very few have Fraxel Re:pair. I am past the 4 week point and I am pretty much hanging at the 50% improvement mark, which is about what I expected. The doctors on RealSelf believe it takes at least 2 treatments for optimum results. I am considering a 2nd procedure in Nov or Jan. Go to RealSelf for a good discussion on Re:pair.