Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fratboy21

How many months did it take before you started clearing up with Accutane?

Hello,

I am just curious to see how long it took for you to see massive clearing up with Accutane.

I know it is different for everyone but I would just like to take a poll and see what the average is.

Thanks.

Month 1: Getting worse pretty quickly.

Month 2: Still getting worse, slightly slower. At the end of this month, my skin was pretty much the worse it had ever been...

Month 3: Finally, the worsening stops.

Month 4: Lots of clearing. I'm at the end of this month now, and I can now manage to not worry about my skin ALL the time. It's pretty cool.

So I'd say maybe the start of month 4, for me. My acne was pretty solidly moderate, at the beginning.

Month 1: Steady

Month 2: A bit worse, but not that noticable

Month 3: Crazy Break outs

Month 4: Stops

This is how I'm going right now

Month 1: seemed to clear up really well

Month 2: Broke out fairly bad

Month 3: Got the worst breakouts of the course

Month 4: calmed down but still broke out, not as bad as before

Month 5: Still get the odd spot here and there, sometimes can get quite big ones still

So basically havent cleared up fully yet, but its definately helped alot so far. unfortunately my derm is an idiot and insists I stop after 6 months (which is soon) regardless of skin condition

Week 1: Face got extremely oily and broke out in more little bumps all over face, especially my forehead

Week 2: Began clearing

Week 3: still clearing

week 4: completely clear

then it stayed that way for the next 6 months. I think it cleared so quickly because I had moderate acne covering my face. I didnt have any cystic acne.

Week 1: Face got extremely oily and broke out in more little bumps all over face, especially my forehead

Week 2: Began clearing

Week 3: still clearing

week 4: completely clear

then it stayed that way for the next 6 months. I think it cleared so quickly because I had moderate acne covering my face. I didnt have any cystic acne.

I am in the middle of my fourth month and I am nearly completely clear. It seems like just one day I woke up and I had amazing skin. Just some red marks left and the occasional small pimple.

month 1: drying out of skin, same amount of acne as i started, moderately bad. blackheads popping out of nose and chin giving a 'strawberry' like appearance.

month 2: very dry skin, bigger zits sprouting up. all the blackheads fell out. it was truly like i was shedding them.. strange.

month 3: very very bad acne, cysts all over the cheeks. the worst my skin has ever looked. i couldnt look in a mirror without crying.

month 4: still pretty bad, cysts dying down.

month 5: currently, not a cyst on my face, stray small pimple here and there on chin. the type that seems to fall off after a day or so. literally, it seems that i cleared over night. a lot of red marks and possible scarring. who knows, with my luck i might still break out.. again.

Month 4 I was pretty much clear just one or two spots, and now I'm heading on to month 6 and I only get a spot every once and a while.

I think this thread should be stickied at the top for all the new people.

Month 1: started clearing, then got really dry, then started breaking out again, cysts

Month 2: still dry, breaking out cysts leading towards some clearing

Month 3: clearing, no cysts, occasional spots

Month 4: occasional spots

I BROKE OUT IN CYSTS TILL ALMOST MONTH 6. IT WAS HORRIBLE, IT TOOK ME 6 MONTHS TO CLEAR BUT HEY, IT WORKED!

Thanks for all your responses.

Ever since I started this thread, I have been beginning to clear up! :)

So 3 months for me.. hopefully it stays this way.

Stay positive everyone!