Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was watchin tv the other day and saw a commercial for Skinid by Neutrogena katherine mcphee is the spokes person for it, u can go on their site Skinid.com and fill out information about your acne and they will reccomened what product u should use. i just filled it out and ordered it, so i guess we will see if it works, they say it's suppose to work faster and better than proactive. just thought id let u all know about it!

Im not sure if thats an accomplishment that it works faster and better then proactive, cuz well...proactive is shit.

Most stuff you see on tv about acne doesn't work well. At least not for the people truly suffering from acne. Hope it works for you though I think neutrogena overall has decent products.

your right proactive does suck, i've tried it multiple times and nothing, but i figure why not give this a try and see wut happens.

I went and did the evaluation, and the "treatment" product it gives me is BP. I marked that my skin is extremely sensitive, and infact I'm allergic to BP. Another thing that is annoying me is that nowhere on the site can you see the ingredients of the different products.

i recieved my kit today, just tried it so we will see how it goes,

the cleanser is a foam which is SA, then i apply the treatment which is BP, then the last step is moustrizer and that's SA, but it smells like the Acne stress control line so i'm a little pissed cause it's the same shit but in a different bottle and more money so i don't know. i can never win. :confused:

i recieved my kit today, just tried it so we will see how it goes,

the cleanser is a foam which is SA, then i apply the treatment which is BP, then the last step is moustrizer and that's SA, but it smells like the Acne stress control line so i'm a little pissed cause it's the same shit but in a different bottle and more money so i don't know. i can never win. :confused:

the ingrediants is on the bottles, but i'm sure that all of them are different considering it's made for your skin type.

the ingrediants is on the bottles, but i'm sure that all of them are different considering it's made for your skin type.

well, let me tell u i'm so mad right now, i was lookin at the ingrediants on the bottles i have and i compared them to the acne stress control line because i knew the smell was cucumber like and thats how the stress line is, and all the ingrediants are the same, in the cleanser and the hydrator. wut a waste of money, i could have just stuck with the stress control line!

so i tried this line and didn't care for it just another let down, it dried my face out really bad, and the smell i think irritated my skin, so now i ordered sensiclear heard alot of people on here have had good results.

I bought it a month ago and it's Ive used it almost a month and a half a week and Its working great on me. Check out my blog and pictures and they'll show you my improvements.

all the celebrities get paid huge sums of money for that.

it's not worth it, don't buy it.

if you REALLY are interested *(which, why would you be?), take the online evaluation, find the ingredients on those three products and go to neutrogena and search for the same products with those ingredients.

all the products in skin id are just products from neutrogena.

you can prob. be able to get it for $20 instead of $40.

but yeah, didn't work for me.

products don't last long, flake...moisturizer felt more like a treatment than a moisturizer.

and TERRIBLE customer service.

i tried to cancel, didn't work.

tried again...well, it worked.

BUT the next time they didn't send me a product, which i expected, and sent me a bill for $40 which i was so f&*$ing pissed about.

yeah, so.

that is the catch.

good luck.

you're better off trying plain neutrogena, biore, dermatologist, mario badescu, or dan's regimen.

for reall.

Guest MarifreakinA

I was very curious about skinID and decided to watch YouTube videos about it, I found one that was very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqkteWUq-GI

I think people should just do themselves a favor and stop trusting acne commercials with celebrities in them.

suprisingly it works for me. And no this is not a spam. GOSH. So yeah Ive been using it for about two months, but I kinda ran out so I have to wait for my next shipment. Check my gallery of pictures to see my improvements. :] I'm so happy, but I'm afraid I might break out again because I ran out. The only bad thing I have to say about this is it uses benzoyl peroxide. BP helped my skin a lot, but apparently its because of BP that my scars are fading slower, but I have bio-oil for that so I'm happy. Oh, and it's also very drying, but bio-oil helps me with that too. So yeah, try it out. If it doesnt work then go look for something else. It took me about 5 years to find my face routine and hopefully skinID will continue to work for me.

skin ID= same products you get from Walmart, Target, Walgreens.. buy them separtely, like me. I just buy the Acne stress 1-3 2% SA treament- and I'm using shiseido facial cleanser,.. using Menscience facial moisturizer and sometimes Cetaphil moisturizer..

works fabulous for me. and I got the treatment for $7.00 So Babydee, don't be suckered by those tv commercial crap... I tell you, they all work just as good as the products you by from your local drug store.. seriously.

you just follow the regimen.. wash, treatment, moisturizer.. will work.. for some people, may need some trial and error because different skin type.. but it all goes back to the same routine.. u noticed all the TV commercial crap also rely on the regimen?

might as well just use Dan's stuffs.. so much cheaper.

I found this link extremely helpful:

EDIT: for some reason the site won't let me post the link. If you go to Yahoo Answers and look up "Skin iD regimen replica" it will be the #1 answer found.

Here is also a little bit of the info posted:

Skin iD: Cream Cleanser

Active ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Skin iD: Anti-Acne Treatment

Active ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Laureth-4, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA

Skin iD: Pads

Active ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat. (40%), Butylene Glycol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG/PPG-20/6 Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Skin iD: Hydrator

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-8, Dirnethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Trideceth-6, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth 23, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Ceteth- 20, PEG-75 Stearate, Steareth-20, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sclerotium Gum, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Skin iD: Moisturizer

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% (sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 2.94% (sunscreen)

Inactive ingredients: Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Propylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben

Skin iD: Blemish Fighting Concealer

Active ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0.5%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Cyclomethicone, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Trisiloxane, Bis-PEG/PPG -14/14 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysilicone-11, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Farnesol. May Also Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

Skin iD: Spot Acne Treatment

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2.0%.

Just got back from Target using the above SkinID ingredient list to see if the products I need really are the same. According to SkinID I am a: 14, 32, 72.

(All Neutrogena Products)

14 Cream Cleanser = Exact same ingredients as "Acne Stress Control, Power Cream Wash" $6.99, except the OTC product has Cucumber And Camellia Leaf Extracts (reducess redness and irritation)

72 Hydrator = Exact same ingredients as "Acne Stress Control, Hydrating Acne Treatment" $6.99, except the OTC product has Cucumber and Camellia Leaf Extracts.

32 Anti-Acne Treatment = This one is a little harder to find. Because it is a Benzoyl Peroxide product, you can only find the lotion in the "Advanced Solutions Acne Therapy System". It is the "Overnight Control Lotion". All the ingredients are exactly the same, except the OTC product doesn't have Benzyl Alcohol.

Because I knew that the key is a combination of Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide I picked up "Clear Pore, Cleanser/Mask" $5.14, and "On-the-Spot, Acne Treatment" $6.69 - both have the Benzoyl Peroxide. I also already have the "Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel", this is with Salicylic Acid. I didn't see the point in picking up the "Advanced Soutions Acne Thereapy System" ($19.99) just for the lotion.

The only other Benzoyl Peroxide product I saw was a cleanser by Clean and Clear.

According to the list on Yahoo Answers the person picked up "Benzac AC" as a substitue for the "32 Anti-Acne Treatment", I was not able to locate this product. After a little online research it is a prescribe topical medication.

Also:

38 Anti-Oil Pads = Exact same ingredients as "Rapid Clear Treatment Pads" , except the OTC product uses Ethanol 35%, and SkinID uses Alcohol Denatured 40%. But Alcohol Denatured is Ethanol, they are the same product. You can check it out on wikipedia. In this case, the percentage of Ethanol was changed to make it a "different product".

As you have noticed minor changes have been made to each product, none of which make any difference to the effectiveness of it. Remember they are also listed as "inactive ingredients". Each product was altered and remarketed under the "New" product line of "Skin ID", with a $50 price tag for 3 products including shipping. That's $16.67 a product.

If you are looking to save a little money and not have to enroll in the monthly/bimonthly plan...I would recommend just to pick up the above OTC products.

If anyone would like I can list out all the ingredients of the OTC products that are the same as the Skin-id products, but I just don't want to take the time to do that if it's not necessary.

Amy

I see some potentially problematic ingredients in their products.

1. Why does Neutrogena insist on using menthol in most of their cleansers? Its an unnecessary ingredient, and can be a skin irritant for many people. I think its only purpose is to give that "tingly" menthol feeling when you clean your skin. Maybe people are more likely to think something is working on their skin if they feel the tingle?

2. Several of their acne products contain Laureth-4, which gets "5" on the comdeogenicity scale (0-5 scale). Laureth-23 is also moderately comedogenic.

3. Lots of 'cones in their treatment products. Silicones don't bother everyone, but many people seem to have problems with them.

Like what other people have said, basically Neutrogena is just re-packaging their products, making them more exspensive, and saying it's better than pro active. When first, pro active is crap. And second, Neutrogena is crap! They are just repackaging their other products, saying they are different. I bet all of there "skin id" products are the same, just packaged differently.

I really hope someone has e-mailed them about this, let them know they can't be fooled. :naughty:

I've noticed that most people get the same sort of 'personalized regimen' from skinID. I tried skinID for a few months and it hasn't seemed to make my skin better at all, except for maybe like a week but then things just got bad again. $40 is a lot of money and if I'm paying that much I want something that will work. SkinID is just one of those other treatments that are overpriced and try to use celebrities in order to get people to buy their stuff. Basically, skinID did not work for me. I still need to contact customer service to cancel my order but I've heard that there is terrible customer service so I'm a little worried.

I was watchin tv the other day and saw a commercial for Skinid by Neutrogena katherine mcphee is the spokes person for it, u can go on their site Skinid.com and fill out information about your acne and they will reccomened what product u should use. i just filled it out and ordered it, so i guess we will see if it works, they say it's suppose to work faster and better than proactive. just thought id let u all know about it!

does skin id give you a red spots or rash

I HAD TRIED EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN FOR ACNE. WHEN I SAY EVERYTHING I MEAN IT U NAME IT I HAD TRIED IT AND NOTHING WAS WORKING FOR ME AND I DID THE SKIN ID EVALUATION AND DECIDED TO TRY IT SINCE MY FRIEND WITH THE SAME KIND OF ACNE CYSTIC TOLD ME SHE HAD PURCHASED IT AND IT WAS WORKING FOR HER......IT ACTUALLY CLEARED UP MY SKIN ABOUT 80% I HAD TO BE CONSISTENT WITH IT THO AND USED THE SPOT TREATMENT ON MY CURRENT PIMPLES . I WANT TO SAY IT WORKED FOR LIKE 2 YEARS WITH OCCASIONAL PIMPLES HERE AND THER BUT LIKE I SAID 80% DECREASE IN BREAK OUTS. RECENTLY HOWEVER I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IT SEEMS THAT MY BODY HAS BECOME USED TO IT AND NO LONGER HAS THE SAME EFFECT. I RE EVALUATED MYSELF AND KEPT GETTING THE SAME NUMBER COMBINATION SO DECIDED TO TRY ACNE FREE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS IT HELPED A LITTLE BUT NOTHING LIKE SKIN ID AT FIRST. NOW IAM BACK ON SKIN ID AND AM TRYING TEA TREE OIL DILUTED WITH WATER FOR SPOT TREATMENTS....KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED :pray: