Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
citychick

Could mineral salt (applied externally) be the answer to acne?

cool. thats good to hear. i just used my first. Hopefully im using it right. It says to dampen the deodorant and then roll it on. I fell like im rubbing salt on my face lol. Praying this works/

cool. thats good to hear. i just used my first. Hopefully im using it right. It says to dampen the deodorant and then roll it on. I fell like im rubbing salt on my face lol. Praying this works/

I find it easier to apply the crystal to a wet face (i.e. after washing), rather than just wetting the crystal. Rub it all over your face (or wherever needed) for between 30 - 50 seconds approximately.

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on :angel:

I'm giving this a try as well. I have really oily skin and moderate acne. I'll update you guys if I suddenly notice a change. I'm really hoping it helps with the oily skin. I sweat easily on my face as well so hopefully it helps with that.

Hope it works well for you. I don't think it will help with facial sweating all that much though as it merely kills the bacteria as opposed to being an anti-persperant like many commerical deodorants.

Actually now that I think about it, the salt itself might help a little as it's been 95 degrees here and my face usually sweats like a politician who looses his speech. But it's been surprisingly normal thoughout this humidity.

Who knows :)

I got a few new bumps :( Oh well.

Me too, I wouldn't sweat it...I've noticed all the areas that were red and sore before starting this have come to a head very quickly and are drying up quickly as well. I'm pretty sure after they dry out, that's when we see the results.

...or so I hope. :shock:

so maybe the crystal deodorant isn't good at preventing pimples? I've applied three times now. Im shooting for a 3 times a day application.

I don't know wether its just mine or not, but on mine it says that it kills "odor" causing bacteria, not all bacteria. I don't think odor causing bacteria is the same as the bacteria that causes acne because if it was wouldn't it be your face that smells and not your armpit

I don't know wether its just mine or not, but on mine it says that it kills "odor" causing bacteria, not all bacteria. I don't think odor causing bacteria is the same as the bacteria that causes acne because if it was wouldn't it be your face that smells and not your armpit

Well of course it's going to say odor. That's what people want to hear when they buy that product. It doesn't mean that the salt form strictly works on odorous bacteria.

Wow. This is fantastic. Thanks heaps city-chick. Ive ordered an Australian type - 'deonat'. hopefully this will do the trick. Ive been on differin medication with a cetyphil wash and an anti-biotic for six weeks and its moving slowly, but well. Im real keen to try this though. Fingers crossed!

4 pimples have dried out and I have 2 new spots. I'm gonna hang in there though. I don't feel like the deodorant is hurting my skin. It feels pretty good applying it after cleansing.

OK so I took a picture of my back today about a week into using this. I'll take another one in a week for comparison and post them then..so far it seems like it dries up pimples a little but the results aren't really significant.. still I gotta give it more time :)

What is up with you guys who are using this crystal deodorant?

Kinda quiet now....(scary)..

I have mine, however no one seems to be reporting how things are going...besides people saying that they got some new acne, while USING THIS MINERAL DEAODORANT...

Do you guys think this was a fluke, or what?

And even though you guys have been using this, HOW HAS YOUR DIETS BEEN?

MAYBE THAT IS WHY SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE STILL GETTING BREAKOUTS, because you are still eating bad, thinking the deodorant stcik alone would cure you.

What is up with you guys who are using this crystal deodorant?

Kinda quiet now....(scary)..

I have mine, however no one seems to be reporting how things are going...besides people saying that they got some new acne, while USING THIS MINERAL DEAODORANT...

Do you guys think this was a fluke, or what?

And even though you guys have been using this, HOW HAS YOUR DIETS BEEN?

MAYBE THAT IS WHY SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE STILL GETTING BREAKOUTS, because you are still eating bad, thinking the deodorant stcik alone would cure you.

Hey,

I seem to be clearing up in the areas that broke out from using olive oil topically (areas which are pretty much always clear) so I'm not sure if this has to do with the Crystal Stick or just my body taking care of it.

Since starting to use this about 4 days ago, I've definitely noticed a small reduction in redness...However, I think this deodorant is somewhat irritating to my skin. I feel very itchy and slightly dry after using it, and this usually persists throughout the entirety of the day. (Especially the itchiness).

I'm going to try using it for about two weeks before I have a full opinion.

lol ive just been lurking but no changes on me yet. I just got 2 more new spots while others dried out. I think its not effective for me thus far but I'm gonna keep using it for 2 weeks and evaluate after.

well ive been using this once a day at a sporatic time (usually when im home for a long period of time) mainly to save my MA serum since that stuff is sooo expensive. But like hello! said, im not too sure if the salt is actually working or if its just my body taking care of itself. One thing for sure is that it sure as hell aint breaking me out. Theory wise it should work though, since salt can be an exfoliant as well as being anti bacterial. Ive been using it for maybe a little over a week though so it's hard to say.

I think it does help because the last few weeks I wasn't eating as great as I should have and I wasn't breaking out. However this week I've been traveling and getting a lot less sleep than normal, in addition to being in stressful situations. I've had some breakouts this week that aren't going away, even though I've been using the salt daily at night. So I don't think it prevents breakouts that well, but I think it does seem to help red marks.

Hi all - sorry I've been absent for a while. Been super busy with college stuff and a bit of personal stress to boot, so haven't been able to check this thread very often. I was hoping however that people would keep posting and talking about their progress, which seems to have been happening, so that's good.

I'm still clear so long as I keep using my salt crystal religiously - I slipped a couple of days when I went to sleep without washing my face and applying the crystal, and a couple of spots crept back in. But as soon as I started using the crystal again the small spots I'd got disappeared pronto.

So the answer for me is to just keep on using it! :dance:

Even when I did stop for a couple of nights, the spots I got were small and I still haven't had any more nasty big cysts, which were a problem for me before on a regular basis.

I haven't been eating that well, so this definitely helps in its own right for me.

Sorry to hear other people haven't been having such great results - I suppose nothing is going to work for absolutely everyone. If I help even a handful of people to gain back control over their acne and clear their skin then I'll be happy :angel: But of course I'd much rather it helped the majority of people - but hey ho, no-one said acne was easy to deal with

Keep on posting how you're getting on - the good and the bad

And good luck everyone!

Well i only used mine for 4 days but it made my skin really dry and flaky and leading to a few more spots i think. My skin has been nice since i stopped using all the harsh chemical stuff, (still spots but not dry or anything like that) no need for moisturiser or anything. After only 3 days of using this my skin is very dry and tight feeling and i am having to cake on moisturiser as it looks terrible under makeup. I know i didnt give it much time but it obviously doesnt agree with my skin so ive stopped (glad i only bought the travel size now). I will see how my skin goes from stopping. However on a positive note the blackheads on my nose are barely visable anymore :dance: Im really happy about that as nothing seemed to get rid of them, so i will continue to use it on my nose.

Well i only used mine for 4 days but it made my skin really dry and flaky and leading to a few more spots i think. My skin has been nice since i stopped using all the harsh chemical stuff, (still spots but not dry or anything like that) no need for moisturiser or anything. After only 3 days of using this my skin is very dry and tight feeling and i am having to cake on moisturiser as it looks terrible under makeup. I know i didnt give it much time but it obviously doesnt agree with my skin so ive stopped (glad i only bought the travel size now). I will see how my skin goes from stopping. However on a positive note the blackheads on my nose are barely visable anymore :dance: Im really happy about that as nothing seemed to get rid of them, so i will continue to use it on my nose.

I'm glad to hear this, I noticed a few hours ago that the blackheads on my nose were coming out as well.

I'd think if your skin is drying out from the salt, you shouldn't use it. My skin hasn't dried out at all since using it.

I think I realized from last week how important sleep is to clearing acne. I was getting crap sleep last week (6-7 hours a day, as opposed to my regular 8-9) and when I got back I slept for almost 15 hours straight. My acne has been clearing up wonderfully since then. So, in addition to things like applying this salt, eating healthily, etc, I think another huge factor is sleep. So get good sleep people :D