Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aria H.

Good moisturizers?

I currently use the Proactiv green tea moisturizer, and I like it, but it's really too expensive. I don't need a ton of moisture, but enough to get me through with my dry (yet oily) patches of skin. Of course, I need something oil-free. My skin also pretty sensitive. My face isn't very oily, and I know this from using the Clean & Clear oil blotting sheets (after using thoroughly there is only one large clear spot on the sheet, and the rest are little clear dots). Anyway, what drugstore moisturizers would you recommend for my scenario?

I dunno if this applies (oil-free, cheap, etc.) but I just used this new product from L'Occitane, it is like Rice Face Mattifying Fluid, it's not oily at all and moisturizes fairly well. Try some samples from the store.

Olay has some pretty good quality and affordable moisturizers. Most of them have very good ratings on Makeup Alley. I would stay away from any moisturizers with mineral oil in it. Those break me out and it didn't absorb as well as non-mineral oil moisturizers.

I use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel and I love it. It's airlight, fast-absorbing gel-texture and won't clog the pores. Clinique is quite exorbitant brand in some Asia and Pacific regions(they cost at least 10 USD more per products), but I reckon it's considered very affordable in other regions.

Olay has some pretty good quality and affordable moisturizers. Most of them have very good ratings on Makeup Alley. I would stay away from any moisturizers with mineral oil in it. Those break me out and it didn't absorb as well as non-mineral oil moisturizers.

i tried the lexli oil free moisturizer and i've tried the lexli moisturizer for normal to dry skin and i really like the one for normal to dry... it does have some oils in it but it doesn't make me break out... it's all aloe based and it also has 15 spf in it

my mom commented that it makes my skin glow

it's a little over 30 dollars a bottle but it lasts a long long time

I also use olay age defying moisturizer. Its the white container and black lid. Works good for me goes on light and also has s/a. When I have red marks from picking it fades them a bit. Then I just put my powder on over it, I dont use foundation.

I can't say enough good things about Neutrogena's new Fresh Oil-Free, in a blue tube... I have tried SO many moisturizers, and so many that are supposed to be good for acne-prone skin clog me (Complex 15, CeraVe, etc...). This Neutrogena stuff is amazing. It's gel-like in texture, not in a sticky gel way, but in a light, not-greasy-but-not-watery way. It feels cool and refreshing and it leaves my skin so soft and silky, it feels like a primer. I've used it twice a day for over a month, and no issues from it.