Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4life?

Look at My Pics

I'd suggest taking the Vit C, Zinc and B5 daily and look into the products at Skin Biology. Start with the peptides and exfol serum. If you don't see any results, say after 3 or 4 months maybe you could look into a lactic acid peel.

I don't think your scars are too severe. They look like pits but not too deep.

I think you could start off by using some peels - lactic or glycolic. (Look for the threads on this board) Do these weekly/fotnightly for 3 months. Then top up with copper peptides.

I agree with LAET - zinc and vit C will help with healing.

If that fails, I think you should consider skin needling or subcision - check out the skin needling thread.

You look like a really good looking guy :D seriously, your scarring isn't too bad and it's at the level where treatments could work well.

It's actually the 4 or 5 boxcar scars on my left cheek that bother me the most. The rest i can deal with but they are large and grouped together and are definately 20 footers (scars you can see from 20 feet away)

Still, the above advice by me and LAET is still the right advice. They are not 20 footers LOL!! You will not get an overnight cure, I suggest you take some time and use the less risky methods before you go for any form of surgery. Peeling will help with all your scarring, after 3 months, you will be able to see what is left to work on.

Hey scarred for life.Your scars arent bad at all.I was at the dermatologist today and there was a woman who worked there.I have never seen acne scarring like this but..she must have been about 40 someting and her face had very very deep holes in her cheeks/chin area.When i say deep.. i mean u can stick your finger in it .I can almost be certain that hers will be a forever thing.Thats probably why she still has them and they are quite severe.Regardless she was still pretty and had a wedding ring.So obviously someone loved her for who she was.Scarring sucks i have it myself.But i dont know of one person who doesnt have some sort of scar on them.You are beautiful the way you are and anyone would be very lucky to date you.So please try not to stress to much.Your a guy,guys arent suppose to look a little rough.My ex boyfriend had far more scarring then you and he was a hottie!.. You look young so in time im sure many of them will fade.If its really bothersome maybe check with a dermatologist/plastic surgeon. and see what they suggest..Shannon

SFL,

You're scars don't look bad at all. My Dr. told me some people's scars are so deep you can put the tip of your finger into the hole. I feel so bad for those people :lol:

You have mild/ moderate scarring, I think.

Definately take the Vitamins: zinc, C, A, and E. Alpha lipoic acid is supposed to help as well.

GLuck :D

Your scars are small and soft and when the redness goes which it nearly has, then i don't think you will be able to notice them in normal everyday circumstances. It is only when you get real close and in a room where dark and light makes things noticeable will you be able to see the scars that you are worried about.

When you consider scarring you have to consider a few things. Do the scars affect the structure of your face, ie are they big and disfiguring, are they deep and noticeable from any distance. In your case this is not the case. They blend in and do not ruin the structure of your face. The rest off your face is perfect. I presume you are around 19-20, but i could be wrong.

Be weary over peels etc, because I had a glycolic peel 5 treatments when i was 18 and i only had some red-pink marks on my face and minimal scarring and when i started the peels it straight away aggravated my skin surfacing every bump i had and i looked like a mess. Later my skin went all scabby and dried up. I don't wish this on anyone. In the end the peels did nothing and i was $380 poorer So i reckon don't do it unless your prepared to look worse or unless you do it gently by yourself for a peiod of a year or so. It takes time and i am a man so i said screw peels, the sun can do a better job and it did. I looked heaps better after the summer of that year.

Other than that yes you are attractive and youthful. You are lucky all you have to do is give it more time.

sometimes i think thats what my face is gonna look like after my acne goes away, because right where his scars are, and all around the mouth area my face is just acne, and its acne thats really hard to get to go away.....and the thing is, the past 3 years, as soon as it his winter season, it returns every year, so i may be doomed forever!

I am 22 years old. I've been fighting with acne since I was about 16. It wasn't until my second course of accutane that this scarring occured. I never got a scar before on my face, then went on accutane, had horrible cystic breakouts that I never had in the past, and next thing you know f'n scars. Sucks

I just read your 6' 1''

Wish i was that height? I wouldn't worry about my scars at all if i was that height.

I am small, 5' 8'' and scarred :)

if i were u, i would just be happy that all my acne was gone, if my face looked like yours right now, i would be crapping my pants. if im left with scars like yours, which looks like about what im going to have, i will be happy. try vitamin c, and e and sulfur and sum aloe vera gel. or u could try this stuff called SCARGO. i busted open my lip one year, had a massive scar there, put that stuff on, month or so later, u cant even tell its there. its made by a company called home health. has all natural ingedients in it. i have refrained from using it yet, because i fear it might break me out. as soon as my skin is done punchin out those awful whiteheads and cysts, im going to give it a try.

Hey, your scars don't look all that bad...and I agree with the person who said that guy's aren't supposed to have silky smooth skin anyway. Did you know that Brad Pitt has acne scars???...so does tommy lee jones, Nic Cage, etc. ...didn't hurt them any. Check out www.skinema.com. What you need to do is grow some collagen to fill up those little divets. I would try those new lasers like Smoothbeam or Cooltouch.....or that needling looks promising. Check out the thread on it in this site...its 26 pages long!

Don't stress too much about it, I've seen cases so much worse than yours!!! :P

Scarred-you look fine! Chicks dig a little "roughness around the edges". Gives you character. Say they are from chicken pox, which were so severe they it killed you as a child. You'll be riding the gravy train to sextown in minutes. Go on with your bad self! :twisted:

subcision???for his scars..needling >>??? for reals man..i got his scars too mine are shallow ones and i got them all over i just got one dip i wanna take care of

I have a appt with Dr Rapaport on 4/1 for subcision and on 4/3 for N-Lite. When I was there I was shown a book of before and after pics and there were some rather severe cases of scarring, much worse than mine, but my scars still bother me quite a bit.

Anyway, got my appt in 5 days and i can't believe it is so soon. I am so excited. I will be sure to post after pics and let you all know how it goes.

I don't think gender really is an issue when it comes to scarring. It effects both women and men the same. Why settle with imperfect skin when it can be good and smooth? Go for the treatment, and good luck, dude..

One ?... Did you phone dr. rappaport's office for the appointment? How much downtime will your treatments have (i'm sure you're busy with your work)... I live in jersey too, so seeing dr. r is a high possibility for me. I shudder at how much he must charge though... :?

LETS ALL GET SMOOTH SKIN!!

I had a free consult with Dr. R. After speaking with him I scheduled my appt. It will cost $1350 for both procedures. He estimates I will have bruises on my face for 3 - 5 days from the subcision. No downtime with the N-Lite though

Is it true the sun can lessen the appearance of acne scars? is it the darkening of the skin or is it collagen related? May I digress...

Who here has tried Elicina, I tried it for a few months, and noticed no improvement, i'm convinced its a scam, but maybe i'd have to use it for a few years before seeing any improvements? who knows?

Another question, I've heard rumors of Retin-A being used for scar reduction, what sort of results should I expect? Thanks in advance