Notifications
Clear all

TEEN ACNE

MemberMember
(@ryanam8608)

Posted : 05/26/2008 10:13 pm

there needs to be a thread on teen acne, because i dont think diet helps teen acne, also if its hormones causing these acne break outs then what can we do to help acne internally? idk, i think my acne is hormonal, and i'm 18. i noticed that i ate pretty much whatever i want when i had few acne, but after i quit proactiv it got worse, and i have been dieting and seen some improvement but its still not much. i've heard about anti-androgens, what are some kinds to get and what are the side effects?

MemberMember
(@tempname)

Posted : 05/26/2008 10:58 pm

pretty sure this whole board is crawling with teens...

MemberMember
(@wham)

Posted : 05/26/2008 11:16 pm

There still should be a seperate section just for teens. People who are 20+ usually have a different method of getting rid of their acne. Most of em don't really work for teenages so if we had our own seperate place we could get a better grasp of what methods work for teenagers. And people 20+ can get better idea of what works for them if they had their own as well.

MemberMember
(@boafan)

Posted : 05/26/2008 11:37 pm

Yeah you're right . But there's nothing we can do except , waiting for the crazy hormones to regulate.

MemberMember
(@wham)

Posted : 05/26/2008 11:41 pm

Teens can get rid of their acne or reduce it and control it. Its just a matter of finding what works for them.

MemberMember
(@ryanam8608)

Posted : 05/27/2008 10:44 am

yeah there should be a teen section just as there is an adult section.

MemberMember
(@whale)

Posted : 05/27/2008 12:51 pm

yeah there should be a teen section just as there is an adult section.

uhh there kinda is a teen section. anything that isn't at "adult acne" section would be considered teen.

MemberMember
(@laura_mo)

Posted : 05/27/2008 12:58 pm

LOL. I totally agree. Everything is teen acne except adult acne. AND I'm 20, so Im neither. 21+ adult 18- teen..

would the make a 19 & 20 section

ROFL.

MemberMember
(@ryanam8608)

Posted : 05/27/2008 9:26 pm

LOL. I totally agree. Everything is teen acne except adult acne. AND I'm 20, so Im neither. 21+ adult 18- teen..

would the make a 19 & 20 section

ROFL.

MemberMember
(@got2be)

Posted : 05/27/2008 10:11 pm

I'm 16. Just waiting for my body to clear this shit by itself.

MemberMember
(@como)

Posted : 05/28/2008 12:23 am

i stopped washing my face and my skin is the EXACT SAME. so it's gotta be something on the inside. and i don't even eat that shitty.

MemberMember
(@wham)

Posted : 05/28/2008 12:46 am

Acne is such a cock sucker

MemberMember
(@max101)

Posted : 05/28/2008 4:18 am

Well i'm 17. Just dry your skin with tetracycline antibiotic and buy and wear moisturizer and sunscreen ! Drink lots of water and avoid eating dairy goodies!!! (milkshakes, coffee and starbucks breaks the shit out of me!) ALCOHOL BREAKS ME OUUUTT SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!! AND! don't masturbate everyday! just like once a week!

MemberMember
(@mastercheif)

Posted : 05/28/2008 5:55 pm

I love teen posts, so well thought out.

MemberMember
(@got2be)

Posted : 05/28/2008 8:25 pm

What can we "Teens" do to balance out our hormones.

When do they go back to normal / Acne clears up

MemberMember
(@kazangwa)

Posted : 05/28/2008 11:17 pm

I don't think there's any real answer to that. Hormone variations occur longer for guys because puberty lasts longer period. So guys will have it longer and that's that. Genetics is also a cause, as is the things you do to your face to try and counteract the acne.

Half the time I found myself using products that would just irritate my face more. All I use now is water. Works fine, face doesn't ever burn or anything, and it's clearing gradually.

MemberMember
(@ts93)

Posted : 05/29/2008 2:01 am

I completely agree with the idea of having a teen acne Board.

I have been suffering from Acne since the age of TEN. This was before I even started puberty, that I had a face full of pimples... I would certainly not say this is the same case as many... I am having a lot of trouble "connecting" with people who have had similar experiences... All I see are 18+ or people with mid high school to after highschool/college onset.....

Teenage acne is definitely treated differently than adult acne... I have been using many many products from Proactiv, BP, SA, Sulfur, Retin-A, Minocycline, etc etc etc and have yet to find relief still .... acne is caused by different things.... I will certainly say that most teenage acne is not for the same reasons as adult acne though in many many cases it is

It would be helpful to have a board just for teenage acne... And even though there technically is an "adult" board and the rest are teens (?????????) I honestly see more adult age (18+) posting on all of the forums here ...... I would love to have a place just where I can discuss people with similar issues to mine....

Thank you for the consideration.....

---feels left out with her childhood acne---

MemberMember
(@eurovision50)

Posted : 05/29/2008 3:08 am

Totally agree... can we get one of the moderators in here and ask seriously about a teen-only section? I know that the non-adult sections are technically for teens, but I doubt that the adult majority on this site stick to the adult-only sections.

MemberMember
(@max101)

Posted : 05/29/2008 4:36 am

YES I AGREE ASWELL! LET US HAVE OUR LIBERTY SECTION!

MemberMember
(@banana_skin)

Posted : 05/29/2008 6:33 am

Agreed, although i'm not sure where i belong...

I'm 18 but i've had acne since i was 16...

so it's teen acne right?

maybe i will grow out of it soon !!

I FUCKIN HOPE SO

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 05/29/2008 6:38 am

Agree!

Maybe we can make some poll: who wants and who don't teen section in the forums.

MemberMember
(@como)

Posted : 05/29/2008 7:29 am

in my opinion, teen acne ends at 22.

i don't know why, i just feel like everyone is done at that point.

anyway, as for teen acne, i'm 15 and i stopped washing my face. i'm pretty much getting the exact same amount of acne, but my skin feels better. must be hormones.

MemberMember
(@ryanam8608)

Posted : 05/29/2008 6:59 pm

so lets try to get a moderator to start one or something. if not then lets just discuss on this thread.

MemberMember
(@wenonah84)

Posted : 05/29/2008 8:57 pm

I'm 17 with acne, and I think its pretty bad but I still have people who talk to and what not, so that makes me think it's not bad. I eat whatever I want and drink whatever I want, cause I still have friends, makes me think that they don't care so why should I? (I drink A Lot A Lot of coffee =) think this could be a cause but its just to good to give up), and I have had acne since 8th grade. I also think its just hormones, can be because I eat what I eat, because I am a twin, and he's got acne also, and a lot of other kids in school have it to...Just live life!!!!!

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 05/31/2008 10:43 am

I gave up coffee! i'm 15 and i was drinking a cup a day usually just to wake me up for school and stuff

it helped me a lot though.

have a lot of teens tried fixing their acne hollistically?

that seems impossible with my lifestyle.

i feel like its a lot easier for adults to do that