Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sipester

accutane and diet

I'm on the accutane right now, been on it for a month, just starting my second, but i was wodnering if it'll really make a difference to change my diet so drastically. I'm practically starving myself because just about everything in my house has some sort grain, or dairy product in it. So is it even worth to try doing the diet now, or should i just say fuck it and not care.

From what I've seen/heard accutane success has little to do with diet. My brother was on it for a while, got 100% clear and free of breakouts but a few months later acne had returned although not as bad. After he changed his diet his acne was much improved. IMO changing diet is always a good step but with accutane I'd be careful just b/c it's such a harsh drug that can wreak havoc on your body. Don't do anything do drastic; minor dietary changes should be ok though, you don't want to shock your system too much.

yeah, i gues si should be more worried about not eating enough while on the drug, than avoiding certain foods anyway. just to be safe though, which food group would you say was worse for acne, dairy, or grains?

yeah, i gues si should be more worried about not eating enough while on the drug, than avoiding certain foods anyway. just to be safe though, which food group would you say was worse for acne, dairy, or grains?

It's going to differ from person to person. In my experience though; cutting out dairy = less oil, cutting out grains = more even textured skin, better circulation, the list goes on. IMO if you were to really commit to cutting out either one, I'd go with grains although dairy may help you too. You'll have to do your own experimentation to see what works/which is better for you. You may even find that grains and/or dairy even help you (some people seem to have found that on this forum).