Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Acne has ranged from minor to severe over the last 8 years or so, its finally started to clear up due to a place called skinworx, they work miracles.

during these 8 years my depression has featured heavily on my breakouts etc, but even now when my skin has cleared up it feel like ive given up, gotten so used to having terrible skin that i lost all hope and feel like i cant go on.

has anyone else had something like this happen to them even after their acne has improved dramatically?

well..actually i fell a bit like u,

When there's a mirror , I will feel depressed and try not to look at my self in the mirror.

I always tried to avoid the mirror.If it is impossible for me to avoid, i will close my eyes and relax out.

But today, i fell a bit better and once a while, I will peek at the mirror to look at my reflection.

I thinks its kinda a psychology problem.

This may sound corny but the way I fought off my depression was through exercise. I had tried different types of pills and they never worked, just made me real dopey and distant from reality. Exercising provided me with new born self esteem. If you are still self concious about your face and don't want to join a gym I suggest starting either in the evenings when it's dark or the morning go for a good run and sweat out all that paranoia. If running isn't your thing go out and but some free weights and an exercise ball and just work out in your basement or room. This may not work for you like it did for me but I though I would share anyways. Best of luck to you.

I actually can connect with what you're saying. I battled acne my freshmen year of high school. My face was extremely clear by the end after using retin-a micro. Now freshmen year of college rolled by, specifically Fall 2007. I had one small breakout, which I thought was extremely odd. Then a few days after the initial breakout, my face broke out to the worst it has ever been. I got rushed to the dermatologist to be put on retin-a micro again. Now I'm battling acne for the second time. However, this time is a lot tougher as it's now leaving extreme dark spots on my face. And just today, about thirty minutes ago I see a huge one on my forehead. Here it goes again. My best advice to you, is this: Keep going like what I'm doing. Acne will eventually go away. Keep with your regimen and just keep going, our days of being acne-free will come.

This may sound corny but the way I fought off my depression was through exercise. I had tried different types of pills and they never worked, just made me real dopey and distant from reality. Exercising provided me with new born self esteem. If you are still self concious about your face and don't want to join a gym I suggest starting either in the evenings when it's dark or the morning go for a good run and sweat out all that paranoia. If running isn't your thing go out and but some free weights and an exercise ball and just work out in your basement or room. This may not work for you like it did for me but I though I would share anyways. Best of luck to you.

I hear what your saying acne and depression go hand in hand.

I never had acne, ever until I was 26 my mom got ill with cancer and my face broke out in cystic acne. I got that all cleared up and then my back started.

My mom passed away last april, her being so ill was extreamly stressful. About 3 months after she passed my back started clearing (I was tanning also could have helped) but I think the stress reduction helped too.

After the initial shock wore off and i totally realized my mom was gone, my back started again worse then before, which finally made me see the derm.

I feel like I am losing my mind some days, I am so obsessed over the skin on my back (and you think i would just be thankful my face is clear) No, I WANT IT ALL! LOL

My hubby keeps telling me not to let it get to me...and I always turn around and say, its not your skin you dont understand. If I see a new bump it ruins my entire day, I have good days where I think its getting better and then the next day something else pops up to upset me. My biggest problem is the fear that it will get far worse then it is or spread to other places.

Ok, Im done whining lol ya Im depressed too :(

Hope e1 feels better soon!