Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bbb16

microdermabrasion related questions

Hello,

I've had acne since i was 14 and i'm 23 this year..I dont break out anymore like how i used to 3-4 years ago, however i do get a pimple every now and then.

I'm thinking of getting microdermabrasion done on my skin as i have scars left by the acne all over my cheeks and on my chin and it has and is really affecting my self-esteem and confidence and its hard since i've recently graduated and i need to venture into the working world.

I do have a few questions that i hope those who had microdermabrasion will be able to answer.

Does it really help in reducing acne scars, as in making them less visible?

I've read that the results are not permanent and that you have to do it every year to maintain the results..Is this true?

Right after doing it, your skin wouldnt be pink or reddish for long right?

I hope someone will be able to answer my questions.

Thank you.

hey i know exactly how you feel, im nearly twenty five and although i hav no acne, the scarring on both cheeks is unbearable. i honestly have tried everything and one thing i do not recommend is any type of acid peel.i have had eight tca acid peels, which have actually burnt my face and caused more scars. at the moment i am having micro dermabrasion. its called crystal clear micro dermabrasion and is used by most of the stars, and is said to be the most effective dermabrasion treatment on the market. the procedure involves a nice cleanse, then around 40 mins of dermabrasion, concentrated on the prolematic areas, and once the treatment is complete a firming mask is used to tone and tighten the skin, followed by mosturiser and a mist of spray. after just two treatments i have to say that my skin and scars have improved greatly, but i would recommend booking at leat six, as it is a progressive treatment. the skin will be slightly pink for 24 hours, it is not painful in any way and its advised to book one treatment every six months just to keep skin rejuvinated and healthy. look up crystal clear dermabrasio on the net, i currently pay fourty pound per treatment so its not massivly expensive. good luck with this and hope you find my information helpful. also do not use anything other than water based products on your skin if it is very sensitive x

are you getting the treatment from a dermatologist? i understand they tend to be slightly more expensive than beauty spa's but i would rather go to a professional to be honest.

were your scars deep ones and are you going to continue doing it on a yearly basis?

i've read on a few sites that it does but i would like to know from people who have done it before.

I did 4 micordermbrasion about 3 years ago. It gave me a glow that lasted a few weeks. That's all. no difference in scars.

I got it done by a reputable plastic surgeon.