Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simon17777

please remove acne.org on the bottles

hi dan

could you remove the word acne.org on the cleanser, treatment, moisturizer and on the jojoba oil bottle?

i had to peel and cut off the labels on all of the bottles.

thanks.

Well since everyone is ranting I think I'll rant too.

I think some threads on here have been talking about how Dan is going commercial with the site/products. First off, I don't see why it's a problem to go commercial. Compared to the other large mass media companies out there that sell some CRAP products, his products are really good. I'd rather have Dan's products in the grocery stores, pharmacies, and everything compared to some of those scam companies that push useless items. Hes not selling us products we don't need, and we all know his products work already. If this website ends up giving Dan millions of dollars, well, he deserves it.

Second off, why would we not want to others to know about this site and the products. His products, when compared to compareable products online, is ALOT cheaper. Usually at least two times cheaper. Not to say that I have never found a benzoyl peroxide product that doesn't sting my face or spread quite as well as Dan's.

Lastly, if you look around this site there really isn't any advertising. Now, if you look at other sites, usually they have a ton of advertising or its an online store. AKA this site probably costs alot of money to run, and danielkern.com probably helps pays for some of those fees.

Just my two cents.

I personally don't mind acne.org on my jojoba bottle. I'm very open about how much I like this community and people I know in person also know that I had a battle with getting my skin cleared up. I like giving acne.org a bit of advertising.

This is a helpful community with some great people; it helped me get clear!

I don't care that people see that I use acne products. :P I have acne... it's not a secret, I'm not ashamed of it. There's no reason to feel embarrassed about having labeled bottles. I don't know anybody who would ridicule a person for having an acne product on their shelf/bathroom/whatever. It's like when people have anti-aging creams and such. Nobody cares. They really, really don't.

Ah, I'm one step ahead of you guys :) Well, a half a step. I asked our label guy about a month ago to see if he can mock up a system where people can optionally peel off the Acne.org part of the label once they get it home. I thought that would be a win/win, so people who want it on there can have it and people who don't will be happy too. Our label guy is trying to work up a method to make this happen. I'll keep you posted.

Ah, I'm one step ahead of you guys :) Well, a half a step. I asked our label guy about a month ago to see if he can mock up a system where people can optionally peel off the Acne.org part of the label once they get it home. I thought that would be a win/win, so people who want it on there can have it and people who don't will be happy too. Our label guy is trying to work up a method to make this happen. I'll keep you posted.

although i know this wont happen but i was fine with acne.org on the blue bottles Heheh!!!

but that would be great! although youll miss out on advertising but in all honesty who goes and snoops around someones facial products anyway? if they really wanted to buy it they would just ask.

Hmm. I'm very honestly confused as to why this is a big deal for people. Granted, acne.org isn't the site the products are being sold from, but... is it just the 'embarrassment' factor with linking a product in your bathroom with the word 'acne'? I'm not discouraging or nay-saying anyone's beliefs - i'm just curious as to why people would want to remove the label. Could someone explain? (:

I don't get it either. Do you not order any other products from the internet?

I also want to give Dan kuddos for taking his member's wishes into consideration. Most other internet sites would have either ignored the request or told their members to pound sand!

i can't tell you how impressed i am in dan's actions to really take care of all of our needs/concerns. honestly, i don't see what the big deal is. it's the same as having a neutrogena or clean & clear product on your shelf.

I'm with Nell on this. I'm not the least bit ashamed or embarrassed if people see I'm using an acne product. The product happens to WORK, and is a lifesaver, so I frickin' tell people about it.

I can't believe this thread exists- how great! I recently ordered the products and when I looked at the packaging I was thinking the same thing! I thought to myself "he would sell more if that wasn't on there." Great job Dan in making it so that the "acne. org" part is removable- way to think ahead! Some people don't care, and some people do. I personally think he will sell a lot more with this option since unfortunately people do care about how a product looks as much as how it works- it's a fact, like it or not. That's why so many great products keep changing their labeling and packaging. It's all psychological. Some people don't want to see the word "acne" on their skin care products, especially if they have clear skin! I hope this helps you sell more Dan! Genius! :genius:

I got the new bottles today because it's the first time I've ordered in 2 years. I actually like the acne.org on the bottles, I would like my friends to see that I'm trying to take care of my acne and that its okay to do so without feeling embarrassed about it.

I think it's great that Dan is considering having removable sections on the labels. Personally I think that I would rather not have it written on the bottle, eg if I'm staying around someones house, as like it or not I think people would then label me as an acne sufferer. I know that this is exactly what I am, but when my skin is having a better day it is really nice to pretend I have normal skin! (Denial? Maybe!) When my skin is under control it is nice to think of myself as someone without acne, without a label that defines how I feel and categorises me. I admire people who do not feel labelled by having acne, but personally I would rather just be able to peel the label off so I don't have to stare at it on my shelf!

i had zapzyt on my lamp post when a guy came over and when he wasn't looking i like swatted it into a bag... its only because i find the large bold orange words of ZAPZYT kinda idk embarrassing

but im waiting for my dans bp and i dont care if the acne.org stickers on there cuz its less huge and out there looking then the zapzyt and this website has helped me so much :)

I'm packing for vacation and I was JUST thinking exactly the same thing. I wish it didn't say acne.org

and you know why????

because the minute my family (my mom, my brothers, my sil) sees it they will come on line and try to figure out which poster is me. Many people here share really personal info and emotions about their acne. I can see why people don't want others to know. :)