Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GBPackFan

Blackheads on nose

My nose is covered in blackheads and has been for awhile. Any suggestions of products to use on them? On another note, I just recently bought the alpha hydrox 10% enhanced lotion, what is the best way to use this product? Recently I have started to get quite a few pimples on my neck/jawline. Can I use it on these to try and get rid of them or should I just use BP? Thanks.

My dermo gave me Retin-A Micro for my blackheads on my nose! And I've only been using it for about a week, and they are already disappearing.

Guest 27withacne

Nahh Bio Bore didnt work for me, dont waste your money!

Just wash your nose area with a mild soap every night and see how that goes?

I haven't found ANYTHING that shows ANY progress on the blackheads on my nose. I've had them for YEARS, and I don't think any product I have used has gotten rid of even ONE. I mean, those biore strips remove that nasty white substance from my pores and I can see it on the strip after I remove it, but I still have the blackheads and they never go away. What's up with that? Is this something that is incurable? Are products for blackheads just out there to give us false hope, even though there is no definite answer to what will treat and possibly cure them, just schemes and ploys to make money off of shallow people with self-esteem issues? I guess I'm just hopeless.

Those "blackheads" on your nose aren't exactly acne in the sense that they are closed pores that have infection in them. They are in fact the opposite. If your oil glands are overactive in your nose, checks, and even forehead area the pore could start to stretch out. They then fill up with dead skin and other crap and start looking black thus "blackheads". Gettting the junk out of the pores is pretty easy. Just use a nose strip and look at all the junk that comes out. The problem is that by "cleaning" the pore out you didn't fix anything. You got the junk out, but your big ol' oily pores are still there ready to produce more oil and catch all those dead skin cells the next day. Many time your "blackheads" will look worse after you try to clean them out. This makes them EXTREMELY tough to beat.

Basically when it comes to trying to beat these bad boys you have two options.

1. You can try to get them to shrink up to a barely noticable size using many forms of cleansers, BHA's, and a whole array of acids, but in my experience that really doesn't work. Others have come up with more unconventional techniques such as crushing up aspirin, using Preperation H, or my personal favorite sea salt.

Sea salt works pretty darn well cause it cleanses very gently, and then the salt tightens up the pores. Remember how your skin feels after you get out the ocean. You skin feels tight and dry. Well next time you go to the beach don't shower off and go home and check them out. Chances are they look a whole lot better. I am still working on trying to replicate the ocean in my bath tub with salts. Im going to create a gigantic picture thread soon tracking my progress to see if it works. Be on the look out.

Now for option 2

2. Clog them up. Yup I said it. They are gonna get clogged with your dirt, dead skin, oil, and whatever else so you might as well do it for them. When you get out of the shower take a moisturizer, or preferably non-greasy sunblock, and rub it in. Just take a dab spread in around and really give your nose a nice massage. Get it in there. This technique does three things. First it fills your pores with a nice moisturizer instead of that other crap that was gonna get in there anyway. Two you are putting on a moisturizer or sunblock so you your nose is hydrated or protected from the sun (or both if you use a combo). And Three (the most important) is that your pores will become ALOT less visible. Trust me. Now I recently discovered the BEST sunblock for this method.

I'm at work so I don't have the bottle on hand but its a PHYSICAL block sunblock (that means there no chemicals that "supposedly" stop the sun, its just a bunch of titanium and zinc oxide, the stuff life guards use on their nose that doesn't rub in). It is supposed to be able to rub in, but its really tough to do. The reason why it is so great is that because it is hard to rub in they have tinted it skin color. So you have the open pore, fill it with skin colored sunblock and BOOM they basically become invisible. Ill make another post later when I"m home and have the bottle.

Sorry for the long post. In conclusion Blackheads are stretched out pores not acne in your typical sense. Be on the look out for my look out for my Ocean In Your Home thread.

I don't know if BP will do anything for blackheads but SA works well.

I keep reading here about SA what is it :eh: ?

Salicylic acid

My nose is covered in blackheads and has been for awhile. Any suggestions of products to use on them? On another note, I just recently bought the alpha hydrox 10% enhanced lotion, what is the best way to use this product? Recently I have started to get quite a few pimples on my neck/jawline. Can I use it on these to try and get rid of them or should I just use BP? Thanks.

I unfortunately have had blackheads covering my nose for over a year and I still cannot find something that gets rid of them.

I am no blackheads expert but try the Proactiv refining mask.

I saw one blackhead on the side of my nose, and I was like "oh no" and put that on there.

When I wiped the mask off it was gone.

Please try it :)

I pray for your success and well-being

I've had blackheads all over my nose since I was about 12, yum. Tretinoin only got rid of them temporarily, as the effectiveness of it wore off, even though I kept using it to my strict regimen. I'm on roaccutane now and my nose is the clearest it's ever been of blackheads. This is the only drug I have had success with ¬_¬