Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
megaaaanb

Does neosporin clog pores??

I picked at the tiniest clogged pore..couldn't get rid of it so I kept picking stupidly. Now I'm left with a huge scab on my cheek (in addition to the clogged pore), I want to put neosporin on it to prevent scarring and maybe heal it faster? Good or bad idea?

i just started using neo extra fast healing a few weeks ago and so far its helped so much its getting rid of my red marks and has not caused me any problems at all and i have skin that reacts easy so i say what do you have to lose? try it! it works for me

The neosporin cream is not comedogenic to most people. At night, try a dot of neosporin on a bandaid (so you don't contaminate the tip of the ointment) and apply. It keeps the neo in its spot and also protects the skin. The combo can help keep a red mark from forming and keep a scar from forming - provided there's no more picking. :) See the techniques in the last link of my signature for a particularly bothersome spot.